Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart unveils 2011 Black "Stampede" Friday deals

Walmart unveils 2011 Black "Stampede" Friday deals

Wal-Mart Black Friday circular:

They may as well call it Black Thursday. Joining a slew of other national retailers, Wal-Mart said it too will open its doors nationwide on Thanksgiving night.

Not to be one-upped by Target, which recently announced it would open at midnight on Black Friday, Wal-Mart said it will kick off its Black Friday deals at 10 p.m. on Thursday.

"Our customers told us they would rather stay up late to shop than get up early, so we're going to hold special events on Thanksgiving and Black Friday," Duncan Mac Naughton, Wal-Mart's chief merchandising officer, U.S., said in a statement.

Starting at 10 p.m., Wal-Mart is offering doorbuster deals on toys, clothes and home accessories like $5 Barbies marked down from $19, jeans for less than $10, children's pajamas sets for $4.47 and a Black & Decker Coffeemaker for $9.44.

Then at midnight, the retailer said it will begin discounting electronics as well. Deals include a Samsung 51-inch plasma TV for $498 down from $649, a Kodak 14 megapixel camera for $49 and a Magellan GPS for $69, marked down from $89.

Another round of discounting will start at 8 a.m. and continue throughout the weekend, Wal-Mart said. Among those deals will be Goodyear tires starting at $59, a Vizio 42-inch 3D LED Wi-Fi HDTV for $598 and a selection of DVDs for $1.96 each.

This is the earliest look at the retailer's highly anticipated doorbuster deals, which are not usually released until the week of Thanksgiving. Last week, the retailer said it would give customers who sign up at Walmart.com or Facebook.com/Walmart an even earlier preview of its Black Friday sales.

Black Friday predictions: What should you buy?

For hard-core deal hunters, the retailer is also offering a downloadable map for all of its stores on its Facebook page so they can map out their route before they start shopping.

As the holiday season gets underway, retailers will have to work harder to motivate shoppers -- even on one of the biggest shopping days of the year, said Tom Julian, president of Tom Julian Group, a retail consultancy in New York.

"I expect there will be more Thanksgiving openings from other groups as a result," he said. "It's a marketing maneuver for those that really want to own Thanksgiving to Black Friday."

Best Buy, Macy's and Kohl's have already announced openings at midnight.

But getting shoppers in the mood to spend has been particularly difficult for retailers, as Americans feel increasingly protective of their discretionary dollars.

Last year, Black Friday sales totaled $11.8 billion, according to a report by research firm IBISWorld. This year, sales are expected to increase by only 1.2% to just under $12 billion.

Wal-Mart has also announced a number of additional shopping incentives in recent weeks, including price matching from now until Dec. 15, layaway on purchases over $15, free shipping on most Walmart.com products, no interest on Wal-Mart credit card purchases if they are paid for in full within six months, and a 10-cent discount on each gallon of gas bought at participating Murphy USA or Wal-Mart stations.

[B]I have witnessed the most rude acts during Black Fridays, people will rip your arm for for a shopping cart, push you away, bang you with the shopping carts, the real "animal" in display.[/B]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSgBL7gpAk[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    LOL at woman on the ground putting her wig back on.(0:16)

That's why you'll never catch 32Green at one of these shindigs.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4226471]LOL at woman on the ground putting her [B]wig back on[/B].(0:16)

That's why you'll never catch 32Green at one of these shindigs.[/QUOTE]

Mods, please merge with "going bald" thread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4226471]LOL at woman on the ground putting her wig back on.(0:16)

That's why you'll never catch 32Green at one of these shindigs.[/QUOTE]

:bigcry::D

Are you kidding me....thats why I flock to these shindigs..fall on top of some chick, pull those stretch pantses down....flick the wig to the side like a bad cat....ride it out, and I'm back in my Pinto on Sunrise blazing e/b towards Nassau cackling like some velcro-wrapped capture in a rubber room.

Easy peezee japaneezee.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 11-10-2011 at 06:54 PM.

[QUOTE=32green;4226484]:bigcry::D

Are you kidding me....thats why I flock to these shindigs..fall on top of some chick, pull those stretch pantses down....flick the wig to the side like a bad cat....ride it out, and I'm back in my Pinto on Sunrise blazing e/b towards Nassau cackling like some velcro-wrapped capture in a rubber room.

Easy peezee japaneezee.

-[/QUOTE]

Giving a hole new meaning to "lay-a-way" :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4226489]Giving a hole new meaning to "lay-a-way" :D[/QUOTE]

Lol...she'll be at the clinic in a month going "it could have been 10-12 guys, I dunno... I was laying there for a while.... before I got my TV."

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4226491]Lol...she'll be at the clinic in a month going "it could have been 10-12 guys, I dunno... I was laying there for a while.... before I got my TV."

-[/QUOTE]

Black Friday at Walmart > Hampur Reunion

I often wondered where big fat ass chics get clothes especially those big ass stretch pants. Wal-Mart :eek:

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4226496]Black Friday at Walmart > Hampur Reunion[/QUOTE]

Which one you gonna be at?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4226498]Which one you gonna be at?[/QUOTE]

Lady putting on wig screaming, "Save me a generator, mother*****s!"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4226496]Black Friday at Walmart > Hampur Reunion[/QUOTE]

lmao....

How about this visual for a Hampur reunion;

20 guys show up carrying laptops. Straightfaced and somber. No eye contact, they all shuffle to a long table in a Metlife parking space with ten folding chairs on each side.

Cracking brewskies they intently open laptops. Deathly silence.

Then.

tap tap tap

lol

tap tap tap

LOL lol omg lol

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOllololololooomgSTOKES LMAO LMAO::::::::::::

more beers, no eye contact.

Game time, lap tops close. click click. etc.

20 guys wander off to different seats at Metlife never looking back.

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4226505]lmao....

How about this visual for a Hampur reunion;

20 guys show up carrying laptops. Straightfaced and somber. No eye contact, they all shuffle to a long table in a Metlife parking space with ten folding chairs on each side.

Cracking brewskies they intently open laptops. Deathly silence.

Then.

tap tap tap

lol

tap tap tap

LOL lol omg lol

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOllololololooomgSTOKES LMAO LMAO::::::::::::

more beers, no eye contact.

Game time, lap tops close. click click. etc.

20 guys wander off to different seats at Metlife never looking back.

-[/QUOTE]

"Deathly" Silence LMAO

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4226500]Lady putting on wig screaming, "Save me a generator, mother*****s!" I can fit 2 in my 3-series BMW[/QUOTE]

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Bargain shoppers.

The dumbest bunch in the lot. LOOK!!! I SAVED 5 DOLLAH! CLIP ME SOME COUPONS!!!

i did a black friday once a few years ago at best buy, and honestly i was in and out quicker than i would be on a regular trip to best buy.

it was organized as hell. u know those 18 registers they have, but a regular day they only have two people open? when you have 18 of those babies firing off at once, there's not a line that can't be handled.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4226514]"Deathly" Silence LMAO[/QUOTE]

If I ever met you, I would be so overcome with awkardness, I would attempt to throw you into a head-lock, and you would pull away, seriously injuring some lower back trapeezi-eye and we'd end up talking to some ambulance crew to avoid further problems and contact with eachother.

So...can we put you down as a notification, Jersey will prolly keep him overnight, considering his age and slopedness.

Er, I dont even know his real name.

Arent you here with him?

Yes....

This isnt a...you know...

No...NO! Nothing like that, lol. Internetz stuff. SPorts.

lol

Srasly, lol. Football. We're married. To chicks. lol, I think. I am... anyhoo. lol

Then who is he?

Did you check his wallet? Could be Tim, timmy...or Stan, he lived in Chicago at some point, so Stans a good guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    I used to do BF all the time. Back then, there were little to no "doorbusters", so it was all about being willing to get up early enough to get some good deals and not fight too much of a crowd. Now it's all about getting some marginal item that is likely a slow mover in the inventory anyway at what is just over cost, all in an effort to get you in the store. IMO, it's really not worth doing anymore. Better deals (and less insanity) are to be had on Cyber Monday.

I cant see waking at 4am to save $10 on an item and stand in line and fight with people. No way in hell.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4226534]If I ever met you, I would be so overcome with awkardness, I would attempt to throw you into a head-lock, and you would pull away, seriously injuring some lower back trapeezi-eye and we'd end up talking to some ambulance crew to avoid further problems and contact with eachother.

So...can we put you down as a notification, Jersey will prolly keep him overnight, considering his age and slopedness.

Er, I dont even know his real name.

Arent you here with him?

Yes....

This isnt a...you know...

No...NO! Nothing like that, lol. Internetz stuff. SPorts.

lol

Srasly, lol. Football. We're married. To chicks. lol, I think. I am... anyhoo. lol

Then who is he?

Did you check his wallet? Could be Tim, timmy...or Stan, he lived in Chicago at some point, so Stans a good guess.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!

If it went that well I'd be happy as s***.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4226536]I used to do BF all the time. Back then, there were little to no "doorbusters", so it was all about being willing to get up early enough to get some good deals and not fight too much of a crowd. Now it's all about getting some marginal item that is likely a slow mover in the inventory anyway at what is just over cost, all in an effort to get you in the store. IMO, it's really not worth doing anymore. Better deals (and less insanity) are to be had on Cyber Monday.[/QUOTE]

Man...you are a hoot.

We have to party, hows that shoulder?

:D