Thread: The official "I'll Eat My Crow" thread ... McKnight, Maybin, Kyle, Sanchez, LT etc

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The official "I'll Eat My Crow" thread ... McKnight, Maybin, Kyle, Sanchez, LT etc

I know many of you mocked Maybin when people really thought he could contribute. How many of you will stand up and eat your crow like a man? There were plenty of people saying Kyle was a bust based off his rookie season. Almost everyone thought McKnight should have been cut last year. I can honestly say I always defended these guys but I will eat my crow with 2 different times saying Sanchez isn't the guy for this team. He changed my mind every time I think that. Cleveland game last year, Houston game last year, Buffalo game this season ... He just tends to bounce back from horrific quarters and etc and then look like a completely different guy. I'll ride or die with the Sanchize from now on for better or worse. I'm more wrong and right about Sanchez than anything else. I know the ability he has and when he shows it it validates how I think of him.

I'll also eat my crow ... regarding Cro. Prior to this season I didn't think he was that important to this defense and now I think he's the single most important guy on this defense not named Revis. When he's on his game this defense is as elite as it gets. He lets Kyle Wilson take on #3 receivers and do a great job on the inside and gives us 3 premiere bump and run corners which is unheard of.

What do you eat crow on and don't freaking lie. Plax, Maybin, LT, Cro, Kyle, McKnight ... I've seen a whole lot of post from guys killing these guys and then a week later posting gif's wearing their jersey's.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Hah?

WCO...where's the delete button at?

wtf

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a "talker", and I tend to hope for the best out of players anyway (I was even willing to give Adrian Clarke a shot)

Having said that, I've probably been the most harsh on Schotty and would LOVE to be proven wrong (but it's gonna take more than a game here and there to convince me) . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'm not a "talker", and I tend to hope for the best out of players anyway (I was even willing to give Adrian Clarke a shot)

Having said that, I've probably been the most harsh on Schotty and would LOVE to be proven wrong (but it's gonna take more than a game here and there to convince me) . . .
    Even being a Schotty semi-defender ... cause I believe it mainly falls on the players especially the QB ... I still think its too early. I'm shocked you haven't been more critical even though we've won the last 2 games. O looked terrible in Buffalo for a while and I'm shocked nobody here took advantage to jump on Schotty for that even though I don't think it was his fault. By the way you watch Inside the NFL? Schotty after the Sanchez redzone pick goes up to him and tells him the tactical error he made all while telling him "hell of a drive though ... aside from one bad play hell of a drive don't worry about it" ... good coaching doesn't focus on just the negative. He told him what he did wrong and then told him that he was playing will to stick with it. I thought it was good coaching ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Hah?

WCO...where's the delete button at?

wtf
    there's real trolling going on over else where. Go police some of that ... how cool are you that u can flex forum muscles. You want to play high and mighty go ahead ... no offense taken over here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Even being a Schotty semi-defender ... cause I believe it mainly falls on the players especially the QB ... I still think its too early. I'm shocked you haven't been more critical even though we've won the last 2 games. O looked terrible in Buffalo for a while and I'm shocked nobody here took advantage to jump on Schotty for that even though I don't think it was his fault. By the way you watch Inside the NFL? Schotty after the Sanchez redzone pick goes up to him and tells him the tactical error he made all while telling him "hell of a drive though ... aside from one bad play hell of a drive don't worry about it" ... good coaching doesn't focus on just the negative. He told him what he did wrong and then told him that he was playing will to stick with it. I thought it was good coaching ...
    I guess you think you know me, but I understand the game enough to know the first half in Buffalo had NOTHING to do with scheme -- we moved the ball well, controlled TOP . . . everything went well except for poor decisions from Sanchez. If every game we played went like that I wouldn't think twice about our OC. Unfortunately, we aren't that far removed from a RIDICULOUS amount of 3-and-outs per game -- it's those "dysfunctional" games that tend to bring out the comments (from me, at least).

My main concern with Schotty is a seeming inability to work with what he's given. All I hear is "Chad was too weak" . . . "Favre was hurt" . . . "Sanchez is too young" . . . all those things are true, yet I see rookies on other teams having pretty good success, and players like Fitzgerald/Alex Smith having great years in the "right system". I don't think Schotty is capable of that much adjustment, so I just have to hope Sanchez continues to grow in the system until he REALLY "gets it" . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    how good does LT feel signing with the jets over minny..what a disaster that team turned into last season.

love the fact that LT is a jet..best rb of his time. I still have to look twice to see him in green and white!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    there's real trolling going on over else where. Go police some of that ... how cool are you that u can flex forum muscles. You want to play high and mighty go ahead ... no offense taken over here.

E-z!

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    basically you need to eat crow regarding the entire team.

take a hike.

for me, the only one i would have to eat crow over is Cromartie, and I'm still not prepared to do that..he is what I say he is...he is consistenly inconsistent...he looks like trash one day and a gem another. Until he levels out I stand by my opinion of him.

as for Maybin, I started a thread the second BUF cut him saying the Jets should bring him in. Once the Jets cut him and all anyone was talking about was Maybin I alluded to the fact that the Jets must think he's a bust and based on what has happened to that point it was hard to disagree with that. Sanchez I've never killed. McKnight also never killed. Kyle Wilson I've defended since day 1. And LT I have had no reason to bash. Oh yeah and Plax...Started a thread saying don't give up on Plax yet the week before he erupted against SD.

The only people I've been hard on in the Jets org is, Cro, Mulligan, and Schotty. All of which deserve it.

So basically, no.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 11-10-2011 at 10:02 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're not crazy as much as Schotty defenders like to make us out to be. Buffalo was a blowout win for Schotty from a scheme perspective. Like others have said I would love to be proven wrong over the course of the season, I want Schotty to be great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    We're not crazy as much as Schotty defenders like to make us out to be. Buffalo was a blowout win for Schotty from a scheme perspective. Like others have said I would love to be proven wrong over the course of the season, I want Schotty to be great.
    this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leonard Davis.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You eat crows on these gems yet?

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=236482

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=235225

Don't feel like finding it but how about the 'Gholston will get a sack this week... BOOK IT!! thread...

Yeah.

I'm really ****ing sick of you as a poster at this point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Leonard Davis.

_
    LOL. We were foolish not to bring him in.

I'll eat crow on Garrett McIntyre.

I have been saying how horrible he is.

I was wrong.

He's worse than horrible.