Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Observation of the Raiders

Observation of the Raiders

Assuming they play a full 60 minutes at this level, I will say the Raiders look pretty damn good. Defense is playing great. If Palmer can be Palmer this team will absolutely be dangerous. When McFadden returns that adds yet another wrinkle.

I sound like Raider90210 right now, but it's true. The Raiders look like a very very good football team right now.

What I'll be interested to see (again assuming they finish the game) is how they look next week. Coming from a ****show against Denver if they can put together back to back solid performances they will have my utmost attention.

All Pro
    I am surprised how good Palmer looks - he really seems to be establishing chemistry with Denarius Moore.

Makes you wonder how they lost to Tebow and the Broncos last week.

Jacoby Ford is a player, I hope he's not hurt too badly.

I like the Palmer trade when they first made it, it looked like a disaster for a few weeks, now it seems like it may eventually be worth it. We'll see. I still believe that Palmer is an incredibly talented player, that was just in a bad situation in Cincinnati. He won't ever be what he was pre-injury again, but he can still be a top 10/3rd tier/very good QB.

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4226640]I am surprised how good Palmer looks - he really seems to be establishing chemistry with Denarius Moore.

Makes you wonder how they lost to Tebow and the Broncos last week.[/QUOTE]

1) AGS

2) They thought Tebow was a joke and weren't prepared for the read option

3) Palmer threw 3 INTs

any word if ford is definitely not going to return? still havent heard anything.

The Raiders look dangerous alright. I thought that after we lost to them and they looked good again tonight. They're a tough, physical team with burners at the skill positions. Wouldn't want to face them again.

All League
    Points well taken. I also think the chargers are very bad going forward

[QUOTE=BRONX JET;4226744]Points well taken. I also think the chargers are very bad going forward[/QUOTE]

the chargers are toast...

as of today i believe the raiders are winning that division....but again...i need to see the raiders do it again next week...if they do then i'm sold...

they can bring the heat with their front four, and the Jets were toast without mangold. Thus, the loss. If the Jets get them again with the OL at full strength we win. I for one would welcome the rematch.

Lost to the Broncos...

The Chargers are free falling... Hellabad football team...

I may go over to their board and make sure nobody is swallowing pills...

[QUOTE=nyahay bus;4226763]they can bring the heat with their front four, and the Jets were toast without mangold. Thus, the loss. If the Jets get them again with the OL at full strength we win. I for one would welcome the rematch.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. BY December this Raiders offense should be humming pretty well. The raiders were missing some key cogs too in that last meeting. FB Marcel reece was suppose to be a major part of the gameplan against the Jets. (went out early in that game- they were going up and down the field with him in there)

Lets look at the other players that were missing jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, carson Palmer, TJ and T Pryor who might be a viable option as a Wr/Te as the season progresses.
    Also with Wisniewski playing center Raider have more physiciality at point of attack up the middle.(run better there)

ON Defense A Curry has made a big diffrence to the Raiders defense. Raiders showed in the two bad losses against the Chiefs and Broncos how much Rolando Mcclain means to this defense. At some point this Raider secondary has to start getting healthy. Been a problem all year as they have had trouble fielding a healthy secondary all year(never know who going to be available.

Jets can't get pressure , Carson Palmer just too accurate a passer will find the mismatches agaisnt your defense.

They have a very tough schedule the rest of the way. They play the NFC North. 9-7 at best with that schedule.

All League
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4226897]I don't know about that. BY December this Raiders offense should be humming pretty well. The raiders were missing some key cogs too in that last meeting. FB Marcel reece was suppose to be a major part of the gameplan against the Jets. (went out early in that game- they were going up and down the field with him in there)

Lets look at the other players that were missing jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, carson Palmer, TJ and T Pryor who might be a viable option as a Wr/Te as the season progresses.
    Also with Wisniewski playing center Raider have more physiciality at point of attack up the middle.(run better there)

ON Defense A Curry has made a big diffrence to the Raiders defense. Raiders showed in the two bad losses against the Chiefs and Broncos how much Rolando Mcclain means to this defense. At some point this Raider secondary has to start getting healthy. Been a problem all year as they have had trouble fielding a healthy secondary all year(never know who going to be available.

Jets can't get pressure , Carson Palmer just too accurate a passer will find the mismatches agaisnt your defense.[/QUOTE]

Oh stop!!! You played a SD team who is in a free fall, where were you last
    Sunday when your great team got spanked by DEN??? A team that can
    only do one thing on offense and you couldn't stop it. In addition how good
    did the great Palmer look against DEN defense, he stunk. The drivel I'm
    hearing about OAK is what I heard about BUF after they beat up on WAS.
    And if you think Palmer would do anything against our defense you need
    to watch what he's done against us the last 2-3 years
    Last edited by KRL; 11-11-2011 at 08:59 AM.

[QUOTE=KRL;4226906]Oh stop!!! You played a SD team who is in a free fall, where were you last
    to watch what he's done against us the last 2-3 years[/QUOTE]

Ouch [B]Raider9175[/B] just got spanked. That'll leave a mark!

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4226897]
    Jets can't get pressure , Carson Palmer just too accurate a passer will find the mismatches agaisnt your defense.[/QUOTE]

The rest of your post was fine, but this is garbage.

If you're going to beat us, it's going to be on the ground, like it was last time. We also have developed an effective pass rush. It's not great, but QBs aren't standing back there for 8 seconds like they were last year. The Jets pass defense is way better than the Raiders passing offense.

[QUOTE=KRL;4226906]Oh stop!!! You played a SD team who is in a free fall, where were you last
    to watch what he's done against us the last 2-3 years[/QUOTE]

Obviously you didn't watch the denver game. Palmer probably threw alot more jaw dropping passes in that game than last night. Some of those throws were simply amazing. (Even in loss- you knew raiders had a bigtime QB now) Just wait to you see palmer in december this offense is going to be unbelievable. You could be looking at the best offense in football by next season .

Raiders dsefense is extremely banged up. You can say whatever you like about rolando Mcclain but this Raider defense isn't anywhere close when he isn't in the lineup. The raiders defense and special teams costy them the game againstr weak Bronco team.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 11-11-2011 at 12:07 PM.

[QUOTE=CHIROJET-WPB;4226913]Ouch [B]Raider9175[/B] just got spanked. That'll leave a mark![/QUOTE]

Spanked by a guy who obviously didn't watch the Bronco game. carson palmer made throws in that game Mark Sanchez couldn't dream of making. You saw one on Nfl Network top plays last week(number 2) The one he threw to Marcel reece down the field was even better than that one. What touch and precision . maybe you can find it on youtube. His Nickname IS Carson The surgeon Palmer
    Last edited by Raider9175; 11-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Banned
    Travelling mostly, folks are back in Cali.
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4227118]Spanked by a guy who obviously didn't watch the Bronco game. carson palmer made throws in that game Mark Sanchez couldn't dream of making. You saw one on Nfl Network top plays last week(number 2) The one he threw to Marcel reece down the field was even better than that one. What touch and precision . maybe you can find it on youtube. His Nickname IS Carson The surgeon Palmer[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy, you want to talk about me, that's cool, the more you talk the less I listen, but when you talk about my friends THATS A WHOLE NEW THING!!! Talk smack get smacked, its not just gonna be a spanking.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4226914]The rest of your post was fine, but this is garbage.

If you're going to beat us, it's going to be on the ground, like it was last time. We also have developed an effective pass rush. It's not great, but QBs aren't standing back there for 8 seconds like they were last year. The Jets pass defense is way better than the Raiders passing offense.[/QUOTE]

No unless you can clone three more D Revis . Your not stopping Raiders passing game. Why do you think Raiders were moving up and down the field early.(passing game)
    marcel reece presence opening up all those areas to exploit. (he went out injured very early in the game and he was suppose to be focal point of the passing game)

You didn't see jacoby Ford, Louis murphy, Carson Palmer, TJ and
    By season end T Pryor should be getting chances in this offense. You have one D revis which isn't enough.( was a non factor in last game) With all the speed at raiders disposal and a Qb with a precision arm. You have just a little more to be worried about than just the Raiders running game. This Raider offense you won't want to see in December and beyond. By next season this might be oneof the best offenses in all of football.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 11-11-2011 at 12:29 PM.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4227139]No unless you can clone three more D Revis . Your not stopping Raiders passing game. Why do you think Raiders were moving up and down the field early.(passing game)
    marcel reece presence opening up all those areas to exploit. (he went out injured very early in the game and he was suppose to be focal point of the passing game)

You didn't see jacoby Ford, Louis murphy, Carson Palmer, TJ and
    By season end T Pryor should be getting chances in this offense. You have one D revis which isn't enough.( was a non factor in last game) With all the speed at raiders disposal and a Qb with a precision arm. You have just a little more to be worried about than just the Raiders running game. This Raider offense you won't want to see in December and beyond. By next season this might be oneof the best offenses in all of football.[/QUOTE]

Amazing how this guy shows up after wins but you never hear from him after one of the Raiders usual embarrassing losses.
    Can it.
    Jets weren't ready for the raiders it was on the road & they lost their center, a huge cog in a wheel that wasn't playing well to begin with.
    Raiders come to NY for a playoff game = azzkickin!