Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the gameplan against New England?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the gameplan against New England?

Thoughts? Continue to push the running game and play action? Anything special, unique or different in the approach to this game?

I think the key, as always, is to get to Tom Brady. It's got to be the first priority.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    score more points then them.

:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kick ass and take no prisoners.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4226635]score more points then them.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

Do the Jets know about this amazing plan? Can you print this out and fax it to the Atlantic Health facility?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4226646]Do the Jets know about this amazing plan? Can you print this out and fax it to the Atlantic Health facility?[/QUOTE]

i e-mailed it to schotty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Throw the ball at least 40 times. If you are up by 21 in the 4th quarter then perhaps you can run it. Their secondary is a total train wreck. Our D is not going to stick them to 14 points so we have to score and should be able to. If we once again fail to take advantage of the worst pass D in the league we don't deserve to win the game or the division.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see Sanchez throw his first pass 60 yards downfield--even if he overthrows the receiver by 10 yards--just to loosen them up for the run.

Kind of like Namath's first throw in the SB-get them back on their heels and open up the run for the rest of the game.

And while it's not a "gameplan" design, I really feel like we need a special teams or turnover TD.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the plan should be roughly the same as it was vs. the Bills. both teams have efficient, quick-strike offenses, and awful defenses that sometimes hide their awfulness behind opportunistic turnovers.

establish the run game early and get Sanchez going in play-action, limit turnovers, keep Brady off the field as much as possible, and hit him as much as possible when he is on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4226677]Throw the ball at least 40 times. If you are up by 21 in the 4th quarter then perhaps you can run it. Their secondary is a total train wreck. Our D is not going to stick them to 14 points so we have to score and should be able to. [B] If we once again fail to take advantage of the worst pass D in the league we don't deserve to win the game or the division[/B].[/QUOTE]

That's assuming we'll NEED to win the game through the air.

I don't mind coming out running -- Sanchez isn't known as a quick starter anyway. But you're right -- if things don't go as we would like, we HAVE to open it up and if we can't convert, we don't deserve to win . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out package them on D and be hard nosed on our running game. Sanchez should pass well on first down play action plays. If we don't beat ourselves then we got this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see a good even mix between run/pass. I think that is our key. We must establish the ground and pound. Once that gets going, the play action pass or roll outs open up. That is where Sanchez is at his best.

I'd be all for having Sanchez in the first drive try to throw a 40 yard bomb, but it seems as though Schotty is a little too conservative.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop the Patriots passing attack by jamming receivers at the line of scrimmage, put Revis on Welker, and implement a hybrid man/zone coverage scheme.

Keep Sanchez clean with at least 6 pass blockers on every passing attempt. The Patriots secondary is weak, our receivers will get open if Sanchez has enough time to scan the field.

Physically dominate in the trenches.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    win, end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4226688]That's assuming we'll NEED to win the game through the air.

I don't mind coming out running -- Sanchez isn't known as a quick starter anyway. But you're right -- if things don't go as we would like, we HAVE to open it up and if we can't convert, we don't deserve to win . . .[/QUOTE]

If wwe come out running we'll be down quickly. We have to open it up right off the bat and score a few tds. Attack their massive weakness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do to Brady what the Raiders did to Rivers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop the tight ends, squash Welker. Win dammit
    :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4226685]i think the plan should be roughly the same as it was vs. the Bills. both teams have efficient, quick-strike offenses, and awful defenses that sometimes hide their awfulness behind opportunistic turnovers.

establish the run game early and get Sanchez going in play-action, limit turnovers, keep Brady off the field as much as possible, and hit him as much as possible when he is on the field.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums up the win in a nutshell...

I'm all for passing, opportunistically...

I'm not going to lie to myself and say we have the team to go down there and pass the ball 40+ times.

The Jets are not built that way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JET Setting from Scranton;4226739]win, end.[/QUOTE]

[b]THIS.[/b]

Nothing more needs to be said.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    protect the ball...run it and set up the pass and use PA...we kill it on PA...just got to get mr greene running down hill and mix it up...sprinkle a little Joe Mc and surprise them with down the field balls to just keep the D guessing...

On D just make sure Brady is on his a$$ most the game...make sure to jam up the TE at the line to throw off timing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    win big

revenge is coming