Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeNarius Moore

Veteran

DeNarius Moore

NASTY. Someone please tell me how he was only a fifty round pick last year?!!

we need 90210 to come in and tell us just how EXPLOSIVE he really is.

btw, before the Oakland game Rex hinted that the Jets wanted to draft Moore. Raiders ended up drafting him 17th in the fifth round, 5 picks before we picked Kerley.

he's been invisible for all of two games this year.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4226729]we need 90210 to come in and tell us just how EXPLOSIVE he really is.

btw, before the Oakland game Rex hinted that the Jets wanted to draft Moore. Raiders ended up drafting him 17th in the fifth round, 5 picks before we picked Kerley.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware. And we supposedly were eyeing the RB they picked (T Jones) right before we took Powell in the fourth round. Anyway, I won't complain about Kerley as a consolation since we needed a slot receiver, but I just don't get how a WR like Moore with great measurables and obvious great hands could last to the fifth. If the Jets really wanted him they should have grabbed him earlier, particularly when you consider they used their fourth round pick on a position (RB) that wasn't even a need.

Jets Insider VIP
    He was unproductive in college and many questioned whether he offered more than just straight-line speed.

Part of the reason why the draft is an absolute crapshoot.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4226730]he's been invisible for all of two games this year.[/QUOTE]

More like three, but whatever. He's made two of the best catches of the season as a rookie. And the Raiders QB situation has been a mess for the past month. Looks like a future pro bowler.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4226738]He was unproductive in college and many questioned whether he offered more than just straight-line speed.

Part of the reason why the draft is an absolute crapshoot.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Reminds me of what they were saying about Jacoby Ford before the 2010 draft. Gotta hand it to Al Davis - he's definitely found some gems for WRs with mid-round picks.

the kid's a beast....and he's only going to get better...i'd like to see him bulk up a bit without losing speed...but he's a really good player and tonight showed he's not just a speed guy.

DENARIUS?????

Is this a reference to pre-3rd century CE Denarius, back when it was worth something???????? [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denarius[/url]

All Pro
    im ordering all my raiders fans denarious moore jerseys....... there going to end up next to the jamarcus russell ones

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4226734]I'm aware. And we supposedly were eyeing the RB they picked (T Jones) right before we took Powell in the fourth round. Anyway, I won't complain about Kerley as a consolation since we needed a slot receiver, but I just don't get how a WR like Moore with great measurables and obvious great hands could last to the fifth. If the Jets really wanted him they should have grabbed him earlier, particularly when you consider they used their fourth round pick on a position (RB) that wasn't even a need.[/QUOTE]

Man, if we could have landed T. Jones....

Jets let those guys go wayy to late.

[QUOTE=Paradis;4226813]Man, if we could have landed T. Jones....

Jets let those guys go wayy to late.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they did but Kerley is coming into his own this year and Powell is going to be a very productive player for us next year. Considering how late we picked the last two years The Jets FO still produced really productive drafts.

I didn't even know the draft had 50 rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4226859]I didn't even know the draft had 50 rounds.[/QUOTE]
    That's why Roger Moore started them on Thursdays. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4226729]we need 90210 to come in and tell us just how EXPLOSIVE he really is.

btw, before the Oakland game Rex hinted that the Jets wanted to draft Moore. Raiders ended up drafting him 17th in the fifth round, 5 picks before we picked Kerley.[/QUOTE]

They spent the entire broadcast explaining why he was a fifth-rounder.

Kerley is more valuable to the Jets than Moore would ever be. Kerley is a route runner who will dominate from the slot eventually. Moore just stretches the field.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4226898]They spent the entire broadcast explaining why he was a fifth-rounder.[/QUOTE]

Really? I wasn't able to watch the whole game so I must have missed what Mayock had to say about that. What did he say the reasons were?

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4226898]They spent the entire broadcast explaining why he was a fifth-rounder.

[B]Kerley is more valuable to the Jets than Moore would ever be. Kerley is a route runner who will dominate from the slot eventually. Moore just stretches the field[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm just as excited about Kerley as anyone - Jets haven't had a top notch 3rd-down guy since Chrebet and Kerley looks like he has the potential to be very reliable in that role.

But no need to take away from Moore to make that point. All he does is stretch the field? That's like the people who used to discredit Cris Carter by saying "all he does is catch touchdowns."

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4226915]Hey, I'm just as excited about Kerley as anyone - Jets haven't had a top notch 3rd-down guy since Chrebet and Kerley looks like he has the potential to be very reliable in that role.

But no need to take away from Moore to make that point. All he does is stretch the field? That's like the people who used to discredit Cris Carter by saying "all he does is catch touchdowns."[/QUOTE]

Good post. I'm a huge Kerley fan, but let's face it, slot receivers are a lot easier to find than true deep threats with the ability to be legit number 1 receivers. When's the last time you've seen a slot receiver get drafted in the first or second round?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4226727]NASTY. Someone please tell me how he was only a fifty round pick last year?!![/QUOTE]

If you watched/listened to the game, Mike Mayock explained exactly why. :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4226730]he's been invisible for all of two games this year.[/QUOTE]

Pfff.. what an asinine thing to say.

You know, it's threads like this that really establish the line between those that watch football, and those that understand football.