Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil Rivers continues to embarrass himself on national TV

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Phil Rivers continues to embarrass himself on national TV

Seriously, this guy sucks. Was he trying to lose the game late in the 4th quarter?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously, cool story bro!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jackson should be ashamed. He's stealing money. If Borgoguy was a SD fan, he would have chased Jackson home with a nine-iron. Disgusting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4226790]Seriously, this guy sucks. Was he trying to lose the game late in the 4th quarter?[/QUOTE]

Rivers sucks.... Who are you exactly?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Rivers has been garbage this year. I took him with my 3rd round pick for my FF team, thinking he was an ultra-safe pick :huh: That said, can anyone name a worse coach than Norv Turner? He is easily the worst head coach in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    they say Rivers is hiding an injury... I believe it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that whole team is a mess...

but jackson is a moron...that last pick was on him all the way. dont tell me he lost the ball...you can't lose the ball if you never look for it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    AFC West -- very puzzling. I can't figure out this division at all.

Banned
    Travelling mostly, folks are back in Cali.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Philip Rivers has a lot of growing up to do, sometimes these jocks just get treated like their farts smeel like febreeze and they treat everyone like scum, and you know what I bet Rivers was a tool in high school, I bet he got a lot of girls though, lol, so I guess it evens out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jackson never saw the ball, it was thrown so badly behind him. Still, he should have known from the safety's movement that the ball was on its way and where it was headed. The point is that Rivers has to share some of the blame for that play, which was a complete debacle.
    Last edited by nyahay bus; 11-11-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schotty called a terrible game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rivers doesn't have that killer instinct. Our guy may not put up the numbers but at least he can win games in the 4th.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods please merge with the raiders chargers thread.

:apple:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4227060]they say Rivers is hiding an injury... I believe it.[/QUOTE]

His problems look more mental to me… but I can definitely see a phony report coming after the season saying that he was playing with a major injury all year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB's get way too much blame.

The O-line was as bad as the Jets line vs the Ravens, Dombrowski who relpaced McNeil who left the game got beat like a rented mule. Never gave Rivers a chance.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;4227256]QB's get way too much blame.

The O-line was as bad as the Jets line vs the Ravens, Dombrowski who relpaced McNeil who left the game got beat like a rented mule. Never gave Rivers a chance.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much word for word what I was going to write. Once McNeil went down it was lights out for Rivers. I think Dombrowski gave up 3 sacks in that 2nd qtr alone. Once they made the proper adjustments with the OL and shifting some help towards that left side I thought Rivers looked fine.

If anything I'd give him credit, guy was taking some serious shots out there. Of course he acts like a d-bag and is a hot head but I think if you write that he "sucked" last night you may have turned the game off in the middle of the 2nd qtr and didn't watch the rest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In fairness, it isn't all him. Norv is in the running for the worst gameday coach in the league and his surrounding cast is not what it used to be. Losing Sproles in hindsight was a huge blow for them. The talent on D has been slowly eroded over the years from injuries and free agency losses, Gates is starting to show his age, Mathews appears headed towards bust territory, and the wide receivers outside of Vincent Jackson (who is at times useless) are average at best. I still don't know what he was thinking not going after that pass in the end zone. Looked like he completely gave on the play. I was Rivers I'd have been PISSED. And once McNeill went down last night, they were done. Rivers never had a chance after that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4227055]That said, can anyone name a worse coach than Norv Turner? He is easily the worst head coach in the league.[/QUOTE]

Jim Caldwell and Tony Sparano say hi.... :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4227082]Schotty called a terrible game.[/QUOTE]

You are Soooooo RIGHT!!!! It was as if he wasn't even the OC:P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4227060]they say Rivers is hiding an injury... I believe it.[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

He has no power stepping into his throws. Gotta be a chest or shoulder injury...