Thread: What a difference 6 quarters makes

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What a difference 6 quarters makes

Has it really only been six quarters since the Jets trailed 21-10 at halftime against San Diego. They seemed to be headed for a 3-4 record. The Division appeared to be out of reach. They would need to finish 7-2 just to have a chance at the wildcard.

A strong second half in the comeback win against San Diego, followed by a dominant win in Buffalo, along with 2 New England losses, and here we are. 6 quarters of Jet football later, and we are tied for first, with an opporutnity take take control of the Division at home on Sunday.

6 quarters of football has changed our entire outlook on the season. What a difference 6 quarters can make.

Has a Jet regular season ever improved so much in such a short amount of time?

:)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it happens all the time. Maybe you don;'t remember Rex's concession speech a couple years ago. That's why people need to keep off the ledge. It's silly really. Football is all emotion confidence and timing. With Rex it seems we always get these things figured out eventually. This year it just happened a little early. To think some people actually wanted him fired...or worse to shut up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4226853]Yes it happens all the time. Maybe you don;'t remember Rex's concession speech a couple years ago. That's why people need to keep off the ledge. It's silly really. Football is all emotion confidence and timing. With Rex it seems we always get these things figured out eventually. This year it just happened a little early. To think some people actually wanted him fired...or worse to shut up.[/QUOTE]

You are probably right about the 09 season turning around between the Falcon loss and the Colts win 2 weeks later. My son reminded me of the 09 turnaround (maybe I should listen to him more before posting), but I think there is a difference this year. Expectations were a lot higher coming in to this season, so I think the emotional highs and lows have been greater, but I hear what you are saying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Expect the euphoria to reach a peak when we beat the Pats this week.

Personally I am worried about the next Buffalo game when we will likely be heavy favorites at home. The Jets to sweep a division series or any game where they are heavily favored are giant warnings for those with a knowledge of our team history.

For now everything is good in the world and we should enjoy it.