Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Sports Radio

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Skip Bayless?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;4226934]So who do you like?[/QUOTE]

Mike kaye is good at times...he's a good guy put some guys on his show.

I like not love..Benigno, Brandon Tearney, Steve Somers, Rumbo and luco, Al greco, Farrell was funny. Couple other guys don't remember there name. None are great....this is NY and shouldn't settle for less. I do sports radio. Arod and Sweeney Show.

I switch off immediately if Stephen a. Dummy or fatscessa is on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexamillion5592;4226945]Michael Kaye- horrible, don't listen to him

Steve Somers- he's okay. not a big fan of his schtick

Joe Benigno (sp.)- he's decent. like him because he likes the same teams as me (jets, mets, rangers,knicks)

Mike Fatcessa- hate his views on the jets and thinks very highly of himself. Been listening to him for years and years and there's no other alternative. I like his views on the Knicks and I like the fact that he's hard on the Mets.

Stephon A. Smith-Unlistenable

Carlton the rat- Him and boomer are my favorite show on the radio. I'm a loyal listener and I think Carton is hilarious and they are entertaining.

The Heard-Been listening to him more. Only ESPN personality I listen to for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Rome- sucks

Mike and Mike- only listen to them when Boomer and Carton are on commercial. They're not bad

Farrell...stone guy on Serius- Hated him on the early days on Daily News Live and the Wheelhouse

Mad Dawg- Don't listen to him anymore.
    ---etc[/QUOTE]

Agreed on most points...rome

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4226917]Michael Kaye
    Steve Somers
    Joe Benigno (sp.)
    Mike Fatcessa
    Stephon A. Smith
    Carlton the rat
    Boomer
    The Heard
    Rome
    Mike and Mike
    Farrell...stone guy on Serius
    Mad Dawg
    ---etc[/QUOTE]

Love Boomer and Carton--don't take themselves too serious and I think Carton is funny, but that could eventually wear off. One thing he gets props for--when he does an interview he never pulls punches--always asks THE questions fans want answered rather than the stupid softballs most media guys throw up-- and has no problem calling anyone out.

I happen to like the whole Michael Kaye Show with Don and Joey--as long as Kaye isn't pontificating about the Yankees. When they start busting each others chops--I find that enetertaining. Like the spots with Rex and Snackchez and other Jets. A better listen than Francessa for the time slot.

Mike and Mike has grown tired and boring--unless it's a football Friday or a show dedicated strictly to football. Would rather listen to Boomer and carton during the time slot.

Benigno and Roberts is actaully a decent listen--although JB is a bit annoying with his "bro's'.

I put Francessa and The Herd almost in the same category--I listen without taking anything too seriously because they are purposefully trying to stir up fans angst to drive ratings. I listen with a grain of salt and sometimes I get an interesting tidbit or 2. Francessa is at his best when he lets Simms talk for 40 minutes straight without too many interuptions. His repetitive verbose repeated reduntant yaking, however, is obnoxious. Cowherd is just creepy.

Steve A. Smith is a fraud--talking gansta one minute and as an erudite professor the next, depending on who he's interviewing or talking to.

Haven't heard the Dog in years.

I don't understand Lupica's delivery--he is constantly giggling, laughing and high-pitched chortling with virtually with every sentence he speaks. What's so funny? And way too pompous.

Jim Rome is my most hated media personality of all time. I will literally listen to him solely for the purpose of reinforcing how much I hate him.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a slightly different perspective on things being I don't live in the NY area. Whenever, I get the chance to listen on the computer - I'll listen to [B][I]anyone[/I][/B] who is talking NY sports. I really don't expect anything from these guys as far as astuteness is concerned. Instead, I simply just want to hear a discussion about the teams I grew up with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;4227161]I've got a slightly different perspective on things being I don't live in the NY area. Whenever, I get the chance to listen on the computer - I'll listen to [B][I]anyone[/I][/B] who is talking NY sports. I really don't expect anything from these guys as far as astuteness is concerned. Instead, I simply just want to hear a discussion about the teams I grew up with.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I drive to and from work everyday--almost an hour each day.

I NEED to hear about my teams so even if they guys talking about it suck--I'll still listen.

Frustrating when Francessa starts talking about horse racing and the a hockey pregame is on ESPN radio.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loved Mac and Tierney. Its too bad they didnt get the 11-1 slot on ESPN instead they let them get walloped by Mike Francesa

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dino Costa is hands down the worst sports radio host i've ever heard

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4226917]Farrell...stone guy on Serius

---etc[/QUOTE]
    Is this Scott Ferrall?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4227213]Is this Scott Ferrall?[/QUOTE]

Yes the guy who pours beers! awesome!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big fan of Brandon Tierney, disapointed he lost his slot on 1050.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4227222]Yes the guy who pours beers! awesome![/QUOTE]
    Ferrall is awesome. He knows his hockey. But I used to get headaches listening to his program back in the day. The background rock music, the beer pouring and his voice usually kept me from listening to his entire show. I swear I had to take Tylenol afterwards.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4227283]Big fan of Brandon Tierney, disapointed he lost his slot on 1050.[/QUOTE]

Is he the one that sounds like a girl?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ctjetfan;4227288]Is he the one that sounds like a girl?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. He comes across more as a know-it-all former jock who's sitting at the bar.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGQdpo85Sdg[/url]
    Last edited by simijet; 11-11-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CharlotteJetsGuy;4227206]Dino Costa is hands down the worst sports radio host i've ever heard[/QUOTE]

No way dude, he's very good and I love how he's always making fun of Francesca.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4226925]Worst--Stephen A. Smith I can't believe he's back! He knows nothing outside of Basketball and his voice is really annoying![/QUOTE]

Stephen A. Sh*t doesn't know anything about basketball either. He was a huge Isiah Thomas defender during the years he was the Knicks' GM and actually argued moves like giving long-term deals to scrubs like Jerome James were actually good moves.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4226955]I just don't see how Carton is funny. I would think he would appeal to people under 25. His humor is juvenile. You can tell he listened to Howard Stern growing up, and does an extremely poor version.

[/QUOTE]

+1

I don't get it either. This guy is the luckiest f*ck in radio. Imus gets canceled due to the Rutgers thing and of all the people WFAN gives this horrific Howard wannabe the morning slot in the most listened to sports radio station in the world.

He walked across a bridge in a jets jersey and thong. Wow, I'm laughing so hard that is so amazingly funny. Someone call the Academy I found the next host for the Oscars.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with most here and wish Boomer would get a new sidekick. Hopefully one that speaks like he has a higher IQ than a chimp and doesnt call his boss "Booms". I don't listen to any other radio except on game days if I am working, then its Bob Wischusen and Marty Lyons on ESPN.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    well down here in South Florida Micheal Irvin is terrible.

On a national level never got the appeal of Mike and Mike think it's a boring show.The only reason it's popular because ESPN is behind it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CharlotteJetsGuy;4227206]Dino Costa is hands down the worst sports radio host i've ever heard[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt. We had that loser in Denver and now Chris Russo for some reason decides to feature that no talent on his Sirius channel...