Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best/Worst Sports Radio

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ozu;4226948]I like Adam Schein/Rich Gannon on Sirius. Always have good guests.[/QUOTE]

... + 1 ... they do an excellent job ... Kirwan & T-Rock are excellent as well ... really like Jim Miller on there also ...

... all the choices you named deserve to be tossed in a toilet bowl filled with excrement and flushed to where they belong ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ozu;4226948]I like Adam Schein/Rich Gannon on Sirius. Always have good guests.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. QUESTION: how can I find the schedule of Sirius coverage of all NFL teams especially the Jets? I listen to ch. 88 daily but when the Jets are playing and I want to hear the game, how can I find out where the game is being broadcast? Thank you

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4228474]The Herd for me. Colin Cowherd's "theories" and different perspectives are eye-opening and refreshing. Smartest guy on the radio in my opinion. The rest of them just regurgitate the same obvious stuff and cliches. Don't judge Colin on that stupid Sportsnation show. Listen to his radio show and you'll see what I mean. Really good stuff. His analogies are clever and funny.

IE: "Mike Vick is like that brand new fast car. Flashy and fun to drive but gets terrible gas mileage, has a poor safety rating, and costs a fortune to insure."[/QUOTE]

Don't marry a stripper then be surprized when she takes off her clothes in front of other guys.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4228640]Don't marry a stripper then be surprized when she takes off her clothes in front of other guys.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...Colin is really good IMO. Great at college football.

One of my favorite analogies of his ...

"Guys, its like the fat girl. We've all done one or two, but we don't talk about it. It's just understood."

Sal Palontonio is good. Know him personally...nice guy.

I must admit I didn't listen to any sports radio or watch any sports b/c I was upset over jets lost

[QUOTE=sg3;4228573]Bill Mazer, actually[/QUOTE]

Bill Mazer was more the king of Sunday night recap shows on TV. Watched Sports Extra every Sunday night at 10:30 with Jerry Iznerber commentary and the co host was Lee Leonard.

I am a Football guy so I love Mike and Mike # 1 because they talk NFL all week during the season, not just Monday and Friday.
    Like Joe and Evan during the NFL season, but Evan sucks on Saturday's, he talks baseball for 3 hrs in November. He's way over the top with the Mets, he's your Kay who I also hate.
    I can listen to 1050 from Noon-2pm, those guys are all over the place, not just baseball.
    Cant stand Kay but him and Lagreca talk a lot of NFL so I listen. Jody Mac is also good on the weekend, talks Football in the fall.
    Ian O'Connor is a arrogant biased douche who talks about books on Sunday morning 2 hrs. before a big NFL game. Why is 1050 not doing an NFL show the whole morning?
    And I can't listen or watch you know who, while I am cooking or cleaning the kitchen I watch the SNY shows.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4228610]I agree with you. QUESTION: how can I find the schedule of Sirius coverage of all NFL teams especially the Jets? I listen to ch. 88 daily but when the Jets are playing and I want to hear the game, how can I find out where the game is being broadcast? Thank you[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.siriusxm.com/newyorkjets[/url]

[url]http://www.siriusxm.com/nflschedule[/url]

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4228648]Agreed...Colin is really good IMO. Great at college football.

One of my favorite analogies of his ...

"Guys, its like the fat girl. We've all done one or two, but we don't talk about it. It's just understood."[/QUOTE]

I like Colin as you said he doesn't spit out the same crap "Like the horrible Mike and Mike do" and he doesn't take himself seriously