Thread: This is a horrible column

This is a horrible column

[url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204358004577030672536789492.html?mod=WSJ_NY_LEFTForthStories#articleTabs%3Darticle[/url]

Thanks for posting a link to this awful column.

Banned
    Travelling mostly, folks are back in Cali.
    Actually I found the prose invigorating, one man's opinion right.

Excellent, someone forward this to Revis

Banned
    Travelling mostly, folks are back in Cali.
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4227131]Excellent, someone forward this to Revis[/QUOTE]

You got Revis's email I'll send it to him, I've had to break bad news to people a lot in my line of work, so I think I could do it effectively.

He basically took stats against the Jets defense and labeled it as stats against Revis. This poor "journalist" did so much work for nothing, as far as team stats go, those pretty damn good. Only 3 TD's in 8 games for Welker, I'll take that all day.

Bringing up this article is like my cat bringing dead birds to me. So thanks.

the only way to fairly compare revis against the patsies is to look at how other corners have fared against the same receivers. and even there, the list is more about the jets defense as a whole as opposed to just about revis.

[QUOTE=Bisno;4227134]You got Revis's email I'll send it to him, I've had to break bad news to people a lot in my line of work, so I think I could do it effectively.[/QUOTE]

@Revis24 on twitter

The stats are also misleading. Anyone who has watched the Jets v Pats games know that Pats complete quick slants and WR screens against Revis. Outside of an amazing 1 handed catch by Randy Moss where DR pulled a hammy in converage I can't remember him being beaten for anything substantial.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bisno;4227128]Actually I found the [B][SIZE="5"]prose invigorating[/SIZE][/B], one man's opinion right.[/QUOTE]

Are you related to Borgo by chance?

Revs allowed one catch for 4 yards against Welker in that game.

LMAO at this article. No surprise its from a New York paper.

I mean really? This is what this jackaxx decided to write? Unreal.

I couldnt help but laugh at this dumb axx crap.

I would respect the author had he also thrown up the stats for another of the "ELITE" CB's in the league....like Champ Bailey or Asomugha.

Welker has TOM "Joe Montana couldnt hold the jockstrap" BRADY....dont they call him one of the best QB's in the HISTORY of the NFL?

You know what would be a better stat.....How many receptions and yards that REVIS has given up because of amazing passes.

Anyways....the column is oure hot garbage and as usual....THE MEDIA WILL DO ANYTHING TO DISCREDIT the NY JETS.

[QUOTE=CharlotteJetsGuy;4227199]The stats are also misleading. Anyone who has watched the Jets v Pats games know that Pats complete quick slants and WR screens against Revis. Outside of an amazing 1 handed catch by Randy Moss where DR pulled a hammy in converage I can't remember him being beaten for anything substantial.[/QUOTE]

You cant remember cause its never happened.
    And you are right, a lot of Welker catches have come on that LAME NBA-PICK-AND-ROLL play those scrubs use to get open. I mean, gimme a break.
    :zzz:

Here is all you need to know:

Defensive Backs in the NFL are judged by how many TOUCHDOWNS THEY GIVE UP.

Darrelle Revis is judged by how many COMPLETIONS he allows........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

All Pro
    As soon as a writer/analyst blames Revis for that Welker 70 yard catch, all his credibility goes right out the window for me.

Someone who can't recognize the fact that it was cover 3 and E. Smith was responsible for the deep middle should not be writing about football, simple as that.

Revis has been beaten before and he will be beaten again... but that play was not on him.

Jets Insider VIP
    the wall street journal

once the kingpin of legitimate financial journalism

now just another pile of murdoch toilet paper