Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refs

Refs

Anybody know what crew we're getting on sunday night. my feeling is that if we get a flag happy crew it could be a long night. if we dont see a lot of PI and holds i like our chances.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    RT @RapSheet Welker on Revis being physical: "I kinda know way itís going to be played & what to expect. Hopefully referees do, too" #nyj
    10 minutes ago

All League
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4227227]Anybody know what crew we're getting on sunday night. my feeling is that if we get a flag happy crew it could be a long night. if we dont see a lot of PI and holds i like our chances.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    RT @RapSheet Welker on Revis being physical: "I kinda know way itís going to be played & what to expect. Hopefully referees do, too" #nyj
    10 minutes ago[/QUOTE]

Gene Steratore

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4227233]Gene Steratore[/QUOTE]

Oh no. God help us.

Gene Steratore is the ref per this site

[url]http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2011-crews/week-10/[/url]

I've never had an issue with any of his games, he's very solid

Jets Insider VIP
    Brady usually starts his whining about 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. Welker is starting on Friday?

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4227233]Gene Steratore[/QUOTE]

if my memory serves, he's not awful with PI calls, but does like to throw the roughing the passer flag. and we all know that between MS and TB who is going to get those calls.

[QUOTE=nycuse;4227243]if my memory serves, he's not awful with PI calls, but does like to throw the roughing the passer flag. and we all know that between MS and TB who is going to get those calls.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35305/officially-speaking-2010-referee-stats[/url]

Here are some DPI and RTP stats by ref, Steratore is middle of the pack in both, thank god we don't have Hocchuli who makes **** up so he can show off his biceps on national TV

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=IM3;4227236]Gene Steratore is the ref per this site

[url]http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2011-crews/week-10/[/url]

I've never had an issue with any of his games, he's very solid[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. Gene Skelatore is one of the worst refs out there. His crew isn't one of the most flag happy ones, but they're maddeningly inconsistent even by NFL standards. I cringe whenever I see him officiating any game I'm watching.

[QUOTE=IM3;4227245][url]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35305/officially-speaking-2010-referee-stats[/url]

Here are some DPI and RTP stats by ref, Steratore is middle of the pack in both, thank god we don't have Hocchuli who makes **** up so he can show off his biceps on national TV[/QUOTE]

in fairness, i'd prob do the same.

Jets Insider VIP
    According to this link Steratore calls the 2nd to the fewest penalties. the only Jets game he officiated this year is At Oakland and the Jets were called for 7 penalties for 61 yds while Oakland was called for 7 for 65 yards.

Jets Insider VIP
    We'll need to revisit this thread Monday....I hope it's not a postmortem.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4227243]if my memory serves, he's not awful with PI calls, but does like to throw the roughing the passer flag. and we all know that between MS and TB who is going to get those calls.[/QUOTE]

And this.

Jets Insider VIP
    could be much worse

like Winter, Boger, Carey, McCauley, Coleman, Hochili or Anderson --- TV face time junkies who tell their crews to throw as many flags as can be thrown

Steratore was the ref in the Broncos game last year. He was terrible for 3 quarters (example: the atrocious unnecessary roughness call on Leonard) , and then it was as if McDaniels missed the 4th quarter installment payment. He worries me.

[QUOTE=IM3;4227245][url]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35305/officially-speaking-2010-referee-stats[/url]

Here are some DPI and RTP stats by ref, Steratore is middle of the pack in both, thank god we don't have Hocchuli who makes **** up so he can show off his biceps on national TV[/QUOTE]

Agree Hocchuli is called Hercules by the women in attendance at my parties.

refs all across the board this year have been the worst since 2001

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4227279]refs all across the board this year have been the worst since 2001[/QUOTE]

very true also.

so who would be our ideal ref for this game?

Lets not be those fans.... The officials will have a much smaller role in the outcome of this game than the players and coaches. Hey Cromartie, if you are being called tight, stop grabbing. If they are calling roughing the passer try and pull up quicker. The Jets have better talent and are playing better, if this game comes down to one call by an official, then the Jets did plenty wrong prior to that.

That being said it is perfectly acceptable to cry foul during the game, it can get emotional. But nobody respects the fans that blame the officials.

how bout we play this game without the refs...hehehehehe :demon:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4227279]refs all across the board this year have been the worst since 2001[/QUOTE]

NFL refs are far and away the worst officials in all of sports. I've been saying this for years. It's to the point where I get angry at calls watching games where I'm not even rooting for either team. The level of inconsistency on a play-to-play and game-to-game basis is just infuriating, and has only gotten even worse since the new player safety rules started being enforced. The league needs to go to full-time professional refs in the worst way - at least the head ref in each crew. They badly need to get younger guys in there too.