Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: France-USA Friendly

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

France-USA Friendly

Anyone watching?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    just arriving at the pub, want to be able to see the 2nd half of the Bosnia, Croatia & Ireland games as well. Hoping the bartender will at least put the FRA-USA game on one screen. Good luck!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sheptr View Post
    just arriving at the pub, want to be able to see the 2nd half of the Bosnia, Croatia & Ireland games as well. Hoping the bartender will at least put the FRA-USA game on one screen. Good luck!
    The playoff rounds should be more exciting..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    0-0 at the half

France is relatively dominating though we haven't had many shots on goal.
    USA loses the ball quickly, but just as quick to get back to their defensive assignements; Solid game on defense.
    USA should have had a penalty called for them

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    fraiche histoire, mon frere

figured i'd post this here...

Costa Rica nearly beat Spain in a friendly yesterday, we were up 2-0 until the 82nd minute () when after making 6 subs the team sort of fell apart and Spain came back to tie it.

the first half finished with CR up 2-0, thanks to an awful mistake from Casillas and a beautiful goal from your boy Joel Campbell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-b8HFox6kc

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    fraiche histoire, mon frere

figured i'd post this here...

Costa Rica nearly beat Spain in a friendly yesterday, we were up 2-0 until the 82nd minute () when after making 6 subs the team sort of fell apart and Spain came back to tie it.

the first half finished with CR up 2-0, thanks to an awful mistake from Casillas and a beautiful goal from your boy Joel Campbell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-b8HFox6kc
    Yeah I was expecting some more smack talk from the local gringos.

Spain has been a cold streak as of late. I'm too lazy to look it up I think they've recently lost to Germany, italy and maybe another powerhouse. That being said I fully expect them to run the table at the Euro.

And that was a nice goal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Yeah I was expecting some more smack talk from the local gringos.

Spain has been a cold streak as of late. I'm too lazy to look it up I think they've recently lost to Germany, italy and maybe another powerhouse. That being said I fully expect them to run the table at the Euro.

And that was a nice goal.
    Trust me Germany is better right now. They make it look so easy like Barça did in 09-10. I'm going to have money on them to win the whole thing. But I do admit the only team that has any real shot of beating them is Spain.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Trust me Germany is better right now. They make it look so easy like Barça did in 09-10. I'm going to have money on them to win the whole thing. But I do admit the only team that has any real shot of beating them is Spain.
    I hope they meet in the Final.

Germany is playing brilliantly. I dunno how they do it. Every competition they're competitive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I hope they meet in the Final.

Germany is playing brilliantly. I dunno how they do it. Every competition they're competitive.
    agreed but this is a very different German team than years past. They used to be that team who played mind numbingly boring football who got 1-2 chances to score per game took them and conceded nothing. This is why Italy and Germany are universally hated national teams n'est pas? But this team looks more south american then any good european team I've ever watched. They are creative they force the play up the pitch, they are anything but boring. And the scary thing is they are still Germans so they do all this all the while keeping within tactical discipline.

They are scary good. The only way I see them getting beat is a bad referee or a day where they are off and Spain is very on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    agreed but this is a very different German team than years past. They used to be that team who played mind numbingly boring football who got 1-2 chances to score per game took them and conceded nothing. This is why Italy and Germany are universally hated national teams n'est pas? But this team looks more south american then any good european team I've ever watched. They are creative they force the play up the pitch, they are anything but boring. And the scary thing is they are still Germans so they do all this all the while keeping within tactical discipline.

They are scary good. The only way I see them getting beat is a bad referee or a day where they are off and Spain is very on.
    Yeah I know. If they weren't Germans, I'd actually like them.

All joking aside, how can you not like what they do on the field? I'm sure Argentina still remembers their 4-0 thrashing at the World Cup. I'm glad it's teams like Spain and Germany who are setting the standard, not teams who sit and wait.