Thread: Random Jets stuff from CHFF

Random Jets stuff from CHFF

[QUOTE]2. The Jetsí remarkable patience with Mark Sanchez is paying off.
    Rex Ryan is the only coach in the league thatís been winning big games without a franchise QB over the last three years. The fact that he got the Jets to back-to-back AFC title games with Sanchez ranked 28th and 27th in passer rating is one of the great achievements in league history, especially in this pass-first era.

There must have been a huge temptation to make a splash for a veteran quarterback while Sanchez was costing the Jets wins, but Mike Tannenbaum held the line.

And now, itís paying off. Sanchez only had 16 games with passer ratings over 80 in his first 32 regular season starts, but heís done it seven of eight weeks here in 2011.

Heís No. 16 in passer rating for the season (84.0), which isnít great Ė but the Jets donít need him to be, as they showed Sunday in holding the Bills to 11 points that could easily have been a shutout. [/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]
    Mark Sanchez is on pace for 26 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 3,550 yards and an 84.0 rating. In Tom Bradyís third year (he spent his first on the bench), he threw 28 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 3,764 yards and had an 85.7 rating.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]
    With a 59.4 Defensive Passer Rating, the Jets are on pace to field the NFLís best pass defense since the Super Bowl champion 2003 Patriots (56.2 DPR).[/QUOTE]

Just was reading some of their stuff and thought I'd share the Jets stuff I read on there. Enjoy!

[QUOTE=TheMo;4227403]Just was reading some of their stuff and thought I'd share the Jets stuff I read on there. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Awesome reading material for a football friday.

I approve of this thread. :D

[QUOTE=TheMo;4227403]2. The Jetsí remarkable patience with Mark Sanchez is paying off.
    Rex Ryan is the only coach in the league thatís been winning big games without a franchise QB over the last three years. The fact that he got the Jets to back-to-back AFC title games with Sanchez ranked 28th and 27th in passer rating is one of the great achievements in league history, especially in this pass-first era.

There must have been a huge temptation to make a splash for a veteran quarterback while Sanchez was costing the Jets wins, but Mike Tannenbaum held the line.

And now, itís paying off. Sanchez only had 16 games with passer ratings over 80 in his first 32 regular season starts, but heís done it seven of eight weeks[B] here in 2011[/B].

Heís No. 16 in passer rating for the season (84.0), which isnít great Ė but the Jets donít need him to be, as they showed Sunday in holding the Bills to 11 points that could easily have been a shutout. [/QUOTE]

I don't know what "CHFF" is, but that bolded part sounds eerily like . .:eek:

[QUOTE=OCCH;4227425]I don't know what "CHFF" is, but that bolded part sounds eerily like . .:eek:[/QUOTE]

LOL didn't even catch that! Excellent find :D CHFF is short for cold hard football facts. Wish they hadn't turned into a pay site, liked their stuff :(

[QUOTE=TheMo;4227438]LOL didn't even catch that! Excellent find :D CHFF is short for cold hard football facts. Wish they hadn't turned into a pay site, liked their stuff :([/QUOTE]

It's tough to look at stats this year because we went through a 3-game funk, and the season is only 8 games in.

I really believe this game is going to go a LONG way in determining just what type of team we're putting on the field. I'll take a win any way I can get it, but if we combine a stifling defense (which we are certainly capable of) with an efficient offense (which is definitely possible against this D), I'm gonna feel REALLY good about our prospects for the rest of the season (and beyond) . . .:yes::yes::yes:

[QUOTE=OCCH;4227457][B]It's tough to look at stats this year because we went through a 3-game funk, and the season is only 8 games in.[/B]

I really believe this game is going to go a LONG way in determining just what type of team we're putting on the field. I'll take a win any way I can get it, but if we combine a stifling defense (which we are certainly capable of) with an efficient offense (which is definitely possible against this D), I'm gonna feel REALLY good about our prospects for the rest of the season (and beyond) . . .:yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

Very true, which is why I think advanced stats are the way to go early on. I think even in the long run they are better indicators for success, but a lot of them help to isolate the different aspects of the game better (offense, defense).

N "if' L

Just for fun and since im bored at work on a Friday night.

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d822a795c/N-if-L-What-if-the-Tuck-Rule-went-differently?module=HP11_content_stream"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d822a795c/N-if-L-What-if-the-Tuck-Rule-went-differently?module=HP11_content_stream[/URL]

What if the Tuck Rule game turned out differently.....

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d8223e162/N-if-L-What-if-Favre-stayed-a-Packer?module=HP11_content_stream"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d8223e162/N-if-L-What-if-Favre-stayed-a-Packer?module=HP11_content_stream[/URL]

Favre stays in GB.....Sanchez is a Bill....etc.... :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;4227582][URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d8223e162/N-if-L-What-if-Favre-stayed-a-Packer?module=HP11_content_stream"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d8223e162/N-if-L-What-if-Favre-stayed-a-Packer?module=HP11_content_stream[/URL]

Favre stays in GB.....Sanchez is a Bill....etc.... :D[/QUOTE]

Umm...way to bury the headline. Rodgers to the Jets? This board would be such a circle-jerk-fest right now patsfans.com would look bland in comparison.