Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every QB that faced the Pats had at least 250 yards except 1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Every QB that faced the Pats had at least 250 yards except 1

All except Sanchez. I didn't like the conservative first game but I wouldn't mind it so much this week as the oline and running game seems to be on the rise

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4227590]All except Sanchez. I didn't like the conservative first game but I wouldn't mind it so much this week as the oline and running game seems to be on the rise[/QUOTE]

How many QBs have 3 wins in the last 2 years versus them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4227590]All except Sanchez. I didn't like the conservative first game but I wouldn't mind it so much this week as the oline and running game seems to be on the rise[/QUOTE]

That's the key. TOP.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The only stat that's gonna matter is TOs.

If each team gets the same amount of possessions, I truly believe our defense will stop them more often than they'll stop us . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to get 250 yd passing when you go 3 & out on 7 of 11 possessions

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Blame Schotty for lack of trust in his qb.

Maybe someone should tell Schotty that Sanchez's success has come at end of the first half and end of 4th quarter when he's make plays happen on his own.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4227602]Blame Schotty for lack of trust in his qb.

Maybe someone should tell Schotty that Sanchez's success has come at end of the first half and end of 4th quarter when he's make plays happen on his own.[/QUOTE]

Let's pretend like Rex didn't say all week that the Jets were going to get back to ground and pound. It must be Schotty's fault. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other teams have had to throw the ball cause they dont have a JETS defense and the Pasts had scored so many points by half time that all those poor teams could do was throw the ball a ton in the 2nd half....and still lose!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    schitty has shown a distinct inability to design game plans against the teams the jets face. the patsies can't defend the pass so schitty calls run plays. and vice versa.

now i am totally on board with a ground and pound attack and to be sure, the early games this season were hampered because mangold was out. but that doesn't mean the jets have to run the ball only that they need to set up the runs with play action and screens. these are plays that schitty hasn't used for most of the past 5 seasons and are only now coming into use.

the jets have the personnel to cut through this patsie defense ike a knife through butter. it's frustration to see them get hampered each game day by the little schit.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man they are bad.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4227606]Let's pretend like Rex didn't say all week that the Jets were going to get back to ground and pound. It must be Schotty's fault. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Valid point. Not to mention Bart Scott sitting on the sideline while BenJarvisGreen slices the run defense for 100 yards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets hope the trend holds on Sunday night when the Jets run the ball down the throat of those cheating douchebags for about 250 yards and Mark only throws three short TD passes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if stats are important to you

watch baseball

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets don't go all out and attack that sad sack weak as Shi* secondary early and often they are retraded. The Pats will score, we are not shutting them right down. The only time we should be running the ball with any regularity is if we are up by 17 in the 4th quarter. They have the worst secondary in the league, we'll be playing right into their hands if we try and grind it out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    definitely "retraded"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4227606]Let's pretend like Rex didn't say all week that the Jets were going to get back to ground and pound. It must be Schotty's fault. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

When you ground an pound then you hit them with play action over the top. There was nothing remotely over the top in that first game. What a clown:P

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4227990]When you ground an pound then you hit them with play action over the top. There was nothing remotely over the top in that first game. What a clown:P[/QUOTE]

And when your ground and pound doesn't work for two quarters and you're behind, personally, I'd try something else. But I'm just the village idiot. :dunce:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We showed the rest of the league how to beat the Patriots. We just chose not to the first game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4228005]We showed the rest of the league how to beat the Patriots. We just chose not to the first game.[/QUOTE]

We showed the rest of the league how to beat the Pats OFFENSE. It's not the defense's fault we had 7 three-and-outs (out of 11 possessions) and were constantly on the field.

If we show an even remotely competent offense (like we have the past two games) I'm confident the defense will do what's necessary to ensure a W . . .

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4228035]We showed the rest of the league how to beat the Pats OFFENSE. It's not the defense's fault we had 7 three-and-outs (out of 11 possessions) and were constantly on the field.

If we show an even remotely competent offense (like we have the past two games) I'm confident the defense will do what's necessary to ensure a W . . .[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just find it ironic that, according to some, we gave the league the blueprint on how to beat the Patriots then we came out and allowed them to put up 446 yards of total offense and 30 points.