Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Jet Fan Here........

No Jet Fan Here........

So I am sitting at Prime 112 in South Beach this evening, ordering a nice steak from a waiter with an obvious Boston accent. He is speaking with a gentleman with a rather homely woman next to him, and I say to him Hey Jets playing some of your home town boys this Sunday. I can tell by your accent you must be a Boston fan. He says yea, grew up in Rhode Island, and the fellow he is waiting on says, Are you going to the game? I said no, gave tickets to my boy and he is going with some friends. The customer says, Jets arent going to win that game and I say well we will see. (Who needs an argument at dinner?) The customer, a bespectacled gentleman in his late 40's I say, says are you here on vacation, I say yes, couple of days, and you?? He says we are here on business. He says, those tickets up there in New York, pretty expensive arent they. I say not so bad, I am in the mezzanine in the corner and see diagonally across the field. Okay, so he pays the bill, reminds me Jets will lose on his way out, and that is that. So the waiter brings my steak over and says, Hey I am going to the Dolphins-Redskins game sunday, on the field. I say cool, how did you pull that off. He says "do you know who that was who you were talking to?? I say, nope , no clue who?? He says " thats Daniel Snyder, he invited me to come onto the field, he owns the Redskins. Yikes. Had I known, I would have at least busted his chops about stealing Moss and then Coles from us, and ask him how the Haynesworth experiment turned out. Haha. Guy was actually pretty regular billionaire.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

If an NFL owner knows the Jets are going to lose, then we're going to lose. Those guys know a lot more than we do, something's up, I don't like it.

I'm not going to go on Sunday. Maybe I'll go and grab a knish, see the first quarter, and then head home, be in bed by halftime.

Damn. I really thought we were going to win.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4227902]If an NFL owner knows the Jets are going to lose, then we're going to lose. Those guys know a lot more than we do, something's up, I don't like it.

I'm not going to go on Sunday. Maybe I'll go and grab a knish, see the first quarter, and then head home, be in bed by halftime.

Damn. I really thought we were going to win.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Dont listen to Snyder hes made some really bad football decisons over the years.
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 11-12-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4227903]Dont listen to Snyder hes made some really bad football decisons over the years.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but come on. He's friends with Bob Kraft which means Bob guaranteed him a win which means that Belichick has found the weakness to exploit and Brady is ready to kill us. No owner of another NFL franchise would be that bold towards a stranger, saying it twice including once before he left.

This is really not a good sign.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4227908]Yeah, but come on. He's friends with Bob Kraft which means Bob guaranteed him a win which means that Belichick has found the weakness to exploit and Brady is ready to kill us. No owner of another NFL franchise would be that bold towards a stranger, saying it twice including once before he left.

This is really not a good sign.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

If you believe Snyder then you really arent a true fan. I would have told him im a Jets fan and you dont know jack **** jerk.

Daniel Snyder brought up the cost of tickets? For real?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

lol, Dan Snyder

You didn't recognize him from those stupid ladies' NFL apparel commercials?

**** Dan Snyder

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=ssp242;4227898]So I am sitting at Prime 112 in South Beach this evening, ordering a nice steak from a waiter with an obvious Boston accent. He is speaking with a gentleman with a rather homely woman next to him, [/QUOTE]

Were you all sitting at the same table? Seems strange that he is waiting on a billionaire.... yet at the same time he has time to make small talk to you about football and take your order....

With this a drive thru?

:dunno:

-

interesting.

what's so interesting to me is his clear anti - jets attitude...kind of validates his seemingly jets vendetta over the years.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4227915]lol, Dan Snyder

You didn't recognize him from those stupid ladies' NFL apparel commercials?

**** Dan Snyder[/QUOTE]

That's him? Jesus.

I caught Harbaugh.

Who else is in them?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4227933]That's him? Jesus.

I caught Harbaugh.

Who else is in them?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's him with his hot middle aged wife at the dinner table. Redskins TE Chris Cooley used to do one last season too. His wife is smoking.

Still waiting for the one with Rex and his wife, and instead of a jersey she's wearing Jets slippers. That would be genius.

All Pro
    You can't believe snyder, he's only good for throwing money! Jets are playing football like wounded prey, lights out.
    Last edited by TechJet; 11-12-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    cool story bro

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ssp242;4227898]So I am sitting at Prime 112 in South Beach this evening, ordering a nice steak from a waiter with an obvious Boston accent. He is speaking with a gentleman with a rather homely woman next to him, and I say to him Hey Jets playing some of your home town boys this Sunday. I can tell by your accent you must be a Boston fan. He says yea, grew up in Rhode Island, and the fellow he is waiting on says, Are you going to the game? I said no, gave tickets to my boy and he is going with some friends. The customer says, Jets arent going to win that game and I say well we will see. (Who needs an argument at dinner?) The customer, a bespectacled gentleman in his late 40's I say, says are you here on vacation, I say yes, couple of days, and you?? He says we are here on business. He says, those tickets up there in New York, pretty expensive arent they. I say not so bad, I am in the mezzanine in the corner and see diagonally across the field. Okay, so he pays the bill, reminds me Jets will lose on his way out, and that is that. So the waiter brings my steak over and says, Hey I am going to the Dolphins-Redskins game sunday, on the field. I say cool, how did you pull that off. He says "do you know who that was who you were talking to?? I say, nope , no clue who?? He says " thats Daniel Snyder, he invited me to come onto the field, he owns the Redskins. Yikes. Had I known, I would have at least busted his chops about stealing Moss and then Coles from us, and ask him how the Haynesworth experiment turned out. Haha. Guy was actually pretty regular billionaire.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how Synder got a boston accent since he's from Maryland?? Did he look like this?? [IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFMx6qZxXpSmqo7Hg8DXZ0Pq-jUnT1xihbGs3ibOVe5Ygi77FwQw[/IMG]

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4227999]I wonder how Synder got a boston accent since he's from Maryland?? Did he look like this?? [IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFMx6qZxXpSmqo7Hg8DXZ0Pq-jUnT1xihbGs3ibOVe5Ygi77FwQw[/IMG][/QUOTE]

The original post says the waiter had a Boston accent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Savage69;4227999]I wonder how Synder got a boston accent since he's from Maryland?? Did he look like this?? [IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFMx6qZxXpSmqo7Hg8DXZ0Pq-jUnT1xihbGs3ibOVe5Ygi77FwQw[/IMG][/QUOTE]

The waiter had a Boston accent... and was talking to the patrons sitting in a one table restaurant, apparently.

Try to keep up.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4228006]The waiter had a Boston accent... and was talking to the patrons sitting in a one table restaurant, apparently.

Try to keep up.

:D[/QUOTE]

It's too early on a Sat after a late Friday party night..My bad..:P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Savage69;4228012]It's too early on a Sat after a late Friday party night..My bad..:P[/QUOTE]

The original post was sort of a roller coaster ride, to be fair.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ssp242;4227898]So I am sitting at Prime 112 in South Beach this evening, ordering a nice steak from a waiter with an obvious Boston accent. He is speaking with a gentleman with a rather homely woman next to him, and I say to him Hey Jets playing some of your home town boys this Sunday. I can tell by your accent you must be a Boston fan. He says yea, grew up in Rhode Island, and the fellow he is waiting on says, Are you going to the game? I said no, gave tickets to my boy and he is going with some friends. The customer says, Jets arent going to win that game and I say well we will see. (Who needs an argument at dinner?) The customer, a bespectacled gentleman in his late 40's I say, says are you here on vacation, I say yes, couple of days, and you?? He says we are here on business. He says, those tickets up there in New York, pretty expensive arent they. I say not so bad, I am in the mezzanine in the corner and see diagonally across the field. Okay, so he pays the bill, reminds me Jets will lose on his way out, and that is that. So the waiter brings my steak over and says, Hey I am going to the Dolphins-Redskins game sunday, on the field. I say cool, how did you pull that off. He says "do you know who that was who you were talking to?? I say, nope , no clue who?? He says " thats Daniel Snyder, he invited me to come onto the field, he owns the Redskins. Yikes. Had I known, I would have at least busted his chops about stealing Moss and then Coles from us, and ask him how the Haynesworth experiment turned out. Haha. Guy was actually pretty regular billionaire.[/QUOTE]

Good story, thank you. Snyder always struck me as an impassioned fanatical fan rather than a typical owner - one prone to make business decisions based on emotion. Likewise, I am not surprised that he thinks the Pats will win, he has a contrarian view. Thankfully he has been wrong more often than not.

Dan Snyder is a contrary indicator