Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What can go wrong?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What can go wrong?

Maybe it's just the same old Jets fan in me, but I can't help thinking that somehow things will go wrong tomorrow.

EVERYTHING is currently tilted in our favor. Tom Brady is off his game a little bit. Their defense can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. They've lost two straight. They have some injuries to deal with.

We've won 3 straight now. We are playing great defense right now. We just came off the most impressive defensive performance any team has had all season IMO. Our running game has finally hit it's stride. Our OL has been playing great and is getting healthier. We are getting back Devito and Ellis, two guys I think will play a very important role in tomorrow's proceedings. Sanchez even played quite well after some 1st quarter bonehead plays. Our special teams is playing quite well right now.

What more could possibly be in our favor?

It's so one sided in our favor right now, that I feel the need to remember the same ole Jets. I want to temper my optimism and confidence with knowing how this team has betrayed us on so many occasions.

And before you say that was before Rex Ryan, remember the AFC championship game? I thought after the Jets kicked Patsy A$$ in Fagsboro, there was no stopping them. I even put down several bets with bookies after I found out the Jets were going into Pitt as dogs.

Then, the team decided to take the entire first half off and although they fought quite valiantly in the 2nd half, it wasn't enough. Does anyone think if the Jets had played 4 quarters of football in that game, we could be world champions right now? I do. It kills me when I think about that game. We were SO close.

Look, I know I'm being a major drag right now. I'm just inquiring what can go wrong tomorrow? Will the inconsistency with this team show up like earlier this season? Will Sanchez have another bad game? Will we play such undisciplined football that we get penalized up the ying yang? Will there be some incredible bad bounce of the football tomorrow that causes us to lose a tight game?

Make no mistake about it, putting my thread and pessimistic thoughts aside, I think this game is going to be very close. I flatly do not agree with all of the people on this board. I think this game will go right down to the wire, unless the Jets do something to shoot themselves in the foot.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I like turtles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4228499]Maybe it's just the same old Jets fan in me, but I can't help thinking that somehow things will go wrong tomorrow.

EVERYTHING is currently tilted in our favor. Tom Brady is off his game a little bit. Their defense can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. They've lost two straight. They have some injuries to deal with.

We've won 3 straight now. We are playing great defense right now. We just came off the most impressive defensive performance any team has had all season IMO. Our running game has finally hit it's stride. Our OL has been playing great and is getting healthier. We are getting back Devito and Ellis, two guys I think will play a very important role in tomorrow's proceedings. Sanchez even played quite well after some 1st quarter bonehead plays. Our special teams is playing quite well right now.

It's so one sided in our favor right now, that I feel the need to remember the same ole Jets. I want to temper my optimism and confidence with knowing how this team has betrayed us on so many occasions.

And before you say that was before Rex Ryan, remember the AFC championship game? I thought after the Jets kicked Patsy A$$ in Fagsboro, there was no stopping them. I even put down several bets with bookies after I found out the Jets were going into Pitt as dogs.

Then, the team decided to take the entire first half off and although they fought quite valiantly in the 2nd half, it wasn't enough. Does anyone think if the Jets had played 4 quarters of football in that game, we could be world champions right now? I do. It kills me when I think about that game. We were SO close.

Look, I know I'm being a major drag right now. I'm just inquiring what can go wrong tomorrow? Will the inconsistency with this team show up like earlier this season? Will Sanchez have another bad game? Will we play such undisciplined football that we get penalized up the ying yang? Will there be some incredible bad bounce of the football tomorrow that causes us to lose a tight game?

Make no mistake about it, putting my thread and pessimistic thoughts aside, I think this game is going to be very close. I flatly do not agree with all of the people on this board. I think this game will go right down to the wire, unless the Jets do something to shoot themselves in the foot.[/QUOTE]

I dont think that we would have beaten Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers was at another level in that postseason, so even though we held them to 9 points in the regular season, I dont think that would have mattered.

Although I do feel the same about this game. I am really worried about this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4228500]I like turtles.[/QUOTE]

So do I. Certainly do not have any reason to dislike them. But I'm struggling to find the relevance?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4228503]I dont think that we would have beaten Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers was at another level in that postseason, so even though we held them to 9 points in the regular season, I dont think that would have mattered.

Although I do feel the same about this game. I am really worried about this one.[/QUOTE]

I share your pain. But I do disagree with your thoughts about Green Bay.

I truly believe that team hasn't been tested yet. No defensive minded HC has out together a great gameplan designed to take Rodgers off this game and to force him to do things he normally does not do well. I think we would have had a great chance of winning that game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4228505]I share your pain. But I do disagree with your thoughts about Green Bay.

I truly believe that team hasn't been tested yet. No defensive minded HC has out together a great gameplan designed to take Rodgers off this game and to force him to do things he normally does not do well. I think we would have had a great chance of winning that game.[/QUOTE]

What are things he doesnt normally do well? He can scramble for yards, he can throw on the run, he can throw from the pocket, he can audible to plays.

Out of all our possible Super Bowl attempts, the one team I feel that we would beat were the Atlanta Falcons in 1998. Maybe Washington in 1982; that would have been a fun matchup, the Hogs against the Sack Exchange, Riggins vs. McNeil, Theismann vs Todd, Monk vs. Walker, and of course Moseley vs. Leahy
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 11-12-2011 at 11:59 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4228499]Maybe it's just the same old Jets fan in me, but I can't help thinking that somehow things will go wrong tomorrow.

Make no mistake about it, putting my thread and pessimistic thoughts aside, I think this game is going to be very close. I flatly do not agree with all of the people on this board. I think this game will go right down to the wire, unless the Jets do something to shoot themselves in the foot.[/QUOTE]

snap out of it..:zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4228507]What are things he doesnt normally do well? He can scramble for yards, he can throw on the run, he can throw from the pocket, he can audible to plays.

Out of all our possibel Super Bowl attempts, the one team I feel that we would beat were the Atlanta Falcons in 1998. Maybe Washington in 1982; that would have been a fun matchup, the Hogs against the Sack Exchange[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not going to say I watch Aaron Rodgers enough to know what he doesn't normally do well, but there is something. NO QB is perfect. What is the we blitzed the living sh$t out of him and gave him no time to scan the field? I have yet to meet one QB that does well when he's constantly trying to throw the ball from his A$$. Every QB is susceptible to having a bad game when they are getting constant pressure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4228513]Well, I'm not going to say I watch Aaron Rodgers enough to know what he doesn't normally do well, but there is something. NO QB is perfect. What is the we blitzed the living sh$t out of him and gave him no time to scan the field? I have yet to meet one QB that does well when he's constantly trying to throw the ball from his A$$. Every QB is susceptible to having a bad game when they are getting constant pressure.[/QUOTE]

I think we could beat this year's Packers because their defense is not as good as it was and our pass rush has greatly improved from last year.

But last year, I dont think we had the capabilities to pressure Rodgers consistently.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe McKnight might vomit on the ball and fumble like he's done dozens and dozens and dozens of times in the NFL and the Pats might scoop it up for a TD.

That's what your rooting for, yes?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://I.imgur.com/QXqA4.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4228516]I think we could beat this year's Packers because their defense is not as good as it was and our pass rush has greatly improved from last year.

But last year, I dont think we had the capabilities to pressure Rodgers consistently.[/QUOTE]

Their offense last year was also less potent if only due to injuries. Less is relative in the way I am using for the record. Still a great offense, but not as ridiculous as this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;4228520][IMG]http://I.imgur.com/QXqA4.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Or, you could have just said obvious troll is obvious :D

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4228519]Joe McKnight might vomit on the ball and fumble like he's done dozens and dozens and dozens of times in the NFL and the Pats might scoop it up for a TD.

That's what your rooting for, yes?

_[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. GFY

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just have to hope for the best man. Would any long time Jet fan honestly be stunned if they came out tomorrow totally flat and got rolled by the Pats? I mean you'd be disappointed for sure, but would you really be stunned?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give this a shot;

1) Schotty, although I think they have pulled in the reins on him.

2) Tom Brady plays like the all-time great he is.

3) An angry, disrespected Patriots team comes out firing and jumps out to an early 2 score lead. Metlife fans resort to a SOJ mentality and fail to provide a home-field advantage for the remainder of the game. The Jets will claw back if this happens though.

4) When will Mark have his two inevitable brain farts during the game? If they are at the worst possible time, Jets are in trouble. I like Mark, tons of potential and he has balls in crunch time, but this happens almost every week.

5) The Pats undeservedly have a key drive extended by a "sneezing on Brady" personal foul.

6) The obvious stuff like turnovers, injuries, etc.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 11-13-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4228526]Absolutely. GFY[/QUOTE]

Why so serious?

How you feeling about your McKnight predictions about him getting cut in training camp, about him not making it onto the active roster, about him sucking big time, about him never playing a down in the NFL ever again?

Does it make you sad that he's going to make the Pro-Bowl as a KOR?

100+ yard KOR TD. 40+ yard average on KORs. Blocked FG for a game winning TD? QB pressure as a CORNERBACK forcing an interception (let me remind you--he's NOT a CORNERBACK). Catching balls, running strong.

The guy's a player.

Come on, give us some more of your wisdom.

You're rooting against him, aren't you?

You're hoping he's the reason we lose to the Pats aren't you?

Most here have admitted that they didn't like the guy first off, but most have been able to admit that they may have been wrong.

You?

COMMON. :rolleyes:

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4228533]I'll give this a shot;

4) When will Mark have his two inevitable brain farts during the game? If they are at the worst possible time, Jets are in trouble. I like Mark, tons of potential and he has balls in crunch time, but this happens almost every week.

[/QUOTE]

I think Mark's brain freezes occur when things go off script for some reason and he doesn't yet have the tools to improvise. I think this is a result of him being such a diligent student, he studies the gameplan all week long and is totally confident in it, then one little thing goes wrong and he freaks out. Like last week when Keller got hurt and was out of the game briefly, he seemed to freak out because probably that part of the gameplan called for him to throw to Keller and he had to but was unable to adjust quickly and threw an interception, then fumbled. When Keller returned in the 3rdQ he settled down. So hopefully Keller doesn't try to do another cartwheel or something similar and Sanchez won't lose his concentration.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 11-13-2011 at 12:48 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont watch the game. Just curl up in the corner of your bedroom and be scared. You can read about it after... If jets lose you can say "I knew they'd lose" and feel some satisfaction that you didn't watch.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;4228529]You just have to hope for the best man. Would any long time Jet fan honestly be stunned if they came out tomorrow totally flat and got rolled by the Pats? I mean you'd be disappointed for sure, but would you really be stunned?[/QUOTE]

No, and that is really the point. That's really what I'm getting at here. Any team can show up flat, but it just seems like the Jets have raised it to an art form.

This is a game where the Jets have everything going in their favor, and the Patsies look, well, mortal. It's a game they should win.

I guess I'll just continue to hope for the best and expect the worst. Go figure.