Thread: Moss to the Pats?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Moss to the Pats?

He says the only team he would listen to is the Pats. I have to think if the Pats wanted him back they would have signed him a long time ago, but who knows.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moss is done. I hope the Pats aren't that desperate to even consider it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    michael lombardi just dismissed this. he said they still believe in the bldg (gilette) that 85 can learn the offense.
    hahahahhahahahah!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats need to trade down and draft a WR for value.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question: Is Ocho mentally deficient? How freaking hard could it be to learn the NE offense after 4+ months? He has to be as dumb as a doorknob.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    it has to be harder to learn than the Cheatriot defense which apparently takes about 14 seconds to fully master

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    uh...the other reason why moss was launched is because girlie boy brady can not throw deep with accuracy anymore. it was plenty evident in the gianints superbowl game and he's gotten a lot worse. couple that to the fact that moss is one dimensional and the patsie oline is suspect i would say there is zero chance that moss is a patsie.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard they had Russ Francis in for a workout.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4228655]Pats need to trade down and draft a WR for value.[/QUOTE]

hah!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4228652]michael lombardi just dismissed this. he said they still believe in the bldg (gilette) that 85 can learn the offense.
    hahahahhahahahah![/QUOTE]

So not only is Ochocinco not helping the Patriots at all, he is actually hurting them by making them not go after other receivers that could help them more? Awesome. On top of Haynesworth already being cut, looks like some excellent offseason acquisitions.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If not for Brady, the patsies would resemble bellicheat's Browns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4228822]If not for Brady, the patsies would resemble bellicheat's Browns.[/QUOTE]

Or Peytons Colts?? :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4228823]Or Peytons Colts?? :P[/QUOTE]
    Peyton-less Colts?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4228825]Peyton-less Colts?[/QUOTE]

Yep Dat one..:yes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4228762]uh...the other reason why moss was launched is because girlie boy brady can not throw deep with accuracy anymore. it was plenty evident in the gianints superbowl game and he's gotten a lot worse. couple that to the fact that moss is one dimensional and the patsie oline is suspect i would say there is zero chance that moss is a patsie.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I'm just confused. He lost it, which you saw was obvious in Superbowl XLII, the same year in which Moss set the NFL record with 23 TD passes and had just about 1500 yards? How's it possible that Brady's long ball suffered accuracy over the course of like three weeks (from those regular season stats to the Superbowl). That doesn't really make sense. They just don't have that deep ball threat that they used to, and this year Welker has been used to stretch the field like once or twice a game, but they don't have that burner or that physical guy that Moss was, but don't confuse that with Brady's sudden incompetence with the long ball. That being said, he's not getting younger and his arm probably isn't the same, but that degradation doesn't happen within a couple of weeks and is more gradual than from the 2007 season to the upcoming Superbowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They really NEED Moss or someone like him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sogreedy23;4229030]I'm sorry, I'm just confused. He lost it, which you saw was obvious in Superbowl XLII, the same year in which Moss set the NFL record with 23 TD passes and had just about 1500 yards? How's it possible that Brady's long ball suffered accuracy over the course of like three weeks (from those regular season stats to the Superbowl). That doesn't really make sense. They just don't have that deep ball threat that they used to, and this year Welker has been used to stretch the field like once or twice a game, but they don't have that burner or that physical guy that Moss was, but don't confuse that with Brady's sudden incompetence with the long ball. That being said, he's not getting younger and his arm probably isn't the same, but that degradation doesn't happen within a couple of weeks and is more gradual than from the 2007 season to the upcoming Superbowl.[/QUOTE]

He hasn't lost it.
    Since the playoff game loss to the Jets last year, teams now have a pretty good blueprint on how to beat the Pats:

#1 - Play man and press them on the outside.
    #2 - Jam the RBs and TEs
    #3 - Clog the middle with the safeties and make Brady throw into all that junk.

As the Pats don't have a burner that can stretch the field, the safeties don't have to help out with deep coverage. That means if you send 4, the pocket will break down as Brady relies upon quick timing passes. Once all that is disrupted he begins to get happy feet. Plus his o-line isn't as good as it used to be.