Thread: Devin Hester

All Pro

Devin Hester

He just returned another punt for a TD.

Question for everyone on the board:

Is he hall of fame worthy? Will he get into the hall of fame?

What he does with every kick is downright absurd. I believe he should go to Canton, but I'm curious to here some opinions...

isn't billie white shoes johnson in the hall? he didn't do much but return kick offs and punts.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    isn't billie white shoes johnson in the hall? he didn't do much but return kick offs and punts.
    No, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson is not in. Devin Hester should be - he is the best ever at what he does and he can completely change games. Even though he is a one dimensional player, I think he should get in someday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    No, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson is not in. Devin Hester should be - he is the best ever at what he does and he can completely change games. Even though he is a one dimensional player, I think he should get in someday.
    So should Ray Guy best punter ever..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So should Ray Guy best punter ever..
    Maybe there is more to the argument than best ever - it is also the way Hester can change games. I think the potential big plays that a punt returner can make are game changers to a greater extent than a punter. When you watch the Bears play, they always seem to have good field position - either big return by Hester or short punts out of bounds.

But to answer you question, if a kicker like Jan Stenerud is in, I would not have a problem with Ray Guy. I think a guy like Hester is more deserving though.

Just my opinion.

All Pro
    Just imagine Hester playing for Westhoff.

All League
    Yes. Whenever your the undoubted best of all time at your position, you belong in the HOF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Maybe there is more to the argument than best ever - it is also the way Hester can change games. I think the potential big plays that a punt returner can make are game changers to a greater extent than a punter. When you watch the Bears play, they always seem to have good field position - either big return by Hester or short punts out of bounds.

But to answer you question, if a kicker like Jan Stenerud is in, I would not have a problem with Ray Guy. I think a guy like Hester is more deserving though.

Just my opinion.
    I agree they should have a selection for great special team players.. Hester gets my vote..

All League
    Until Ray Guy is in the HOF, nobody else should be in just for their work on special teams.

Rookie
    He's the first player to get a rating of 100/speed @ Madden....so yes, he should

Banned
    he should have his own wing