Thread: Two words: the schedule

Well go undefeated the rest of the year and still get a wildcard

Look at our schedule, its a joke.

But look at the Pats schedule, its bafflingly easy.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Yep...12-4 with a 5 seed and another playoff run that falls short of the superbowl.

Doesn't matter. This team doesn't deserve it anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets play the Giants, Pats play Indy. Same teams otherwise.

Veteran

Two words: the schedule

Tonight I was stoked like everyone else. I was ready to see the Jets finally take a leap over the Patriots in the division. And wow, who wouldn't think this. All the "experts" on all the networks picked us, New England has been stumbling and our offense was finally up off the ground. The hype for this game was huge as it always it, with both the NFL and NBC promoting it as a 12 round, knock down fight. I dawned my green today and couldn't wait to go to bed tonight with a smile on my face. I'm sure we all did, we took to the hype like fish to a big worm.

I just wish I looked the schedule one more time to remind myself of the truth.

Out of the five wins we have three are against teams with losing records. The other two are just one game above .500, and one these teams we got extremely lucky with (Dallas). We have not beaten a playoff team. Three of our four losses come against playoff teams and one who will most likely be one this year (Oakland).

I love my Jets. Me posting this doesn't make me a non-fan. However, unless this team has something sleeping that I cannot see, it is painfully obvious that we do NOT have the personnel to hang with the real dogs in this league.

if they can split the giants/eagles and win out the rest we'll be in good shape (just trying to be realistic obviously I'm hoping we win out)

Veteran
    Don't want to make a mod mad but I don't see how my posting pointing out the toughness of our opponents gets merged with another saying we will make the wildcard.

wild card if they're lucky. they can't win 3 games on the road.