Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay Calm: A mature discussion on what is going on thread

Stay Calm: A mature discussion on what is going on thread

[SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Propose right here:

1) How can we get to a Super Bowl in the next two years

2) What needs to be done

My take:

[B]1) [SIZE="5"]REX NEEDS TO HAVE A PRIVATE MEETING WITH TANNY AND WOODY TO SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THE NEXT 2 YEARS AND IF SANCHEZ CAN BRING A SUPER BOWL OR NOT. [/SIZE][/B]

[B]2)[/B] [B][SIZE="5"]IF WE GO TO 8-6, THE LAST TWO GAMES SHOULD BE USED TO EVALUATE THE ROSTER AND TO CONSIDER USING 2012 AS A REBUILDING YEAR (as unthinkable as that is - given how slim a chance it is making the playoffs at that point)[/SIZE][/B]

Ok, so what's your take?

How about we evaluate the defense and their inability to make a ****ing stop when we were only down 7 with almost a full quarter left?

This thread is cause for me to remove my sig. Congratulations.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4231776]This thread is cause for me to remove my sig. Congratulations.[/QUOTE]

I larfed

[QUOTE=Chupa;4231773]How about we evaluate the defense and their inability to make a ****ing stop when we were only down 7 with almost a full quarter left?[/QUOTE]

21 of 37 points came directly off Jets Offensive Player turnover.

14 of 37 points are directly due to INT's.

Sanchez has scored almost as many touchtownd for his opponents as he has for the Jets (exageration, but not by as much as we'd like).

Our D let up 16 points.

Our O let up 21 points.

No defense for the D's complete inabillity to make a stop, but the O was no better, despite the stat-padded throwing yard numbers tonight.

And and lol at anyone who takes the OP seriously.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4231786]21 of 37 points came directly off Jets Offensive Player turnover.

Sanchez has scored almost as many touchtownd for his opponents as he has for the Jets (exageration, but not by as much as we'd like).

Our D let up 16 points.

Our O let up 21 points.

No defense for the D's complete inabillity to make a stop, but the O was no better, despite the stat-padded throwing yard numbers tonight.[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

Start with finally getting rid of the biggest problem with this team.

Brian Schottenheimer

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/totalrecall18ft.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4231769][SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Propose right here:

2) What needs to be done

My take:

[B]1) [SIZE="5"]REX NEEDS TO HAVE A PRIVATE MEETING WITH TANNY AND WOODY TO SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THE NEXT 2 YEARS AND IF SANCHEZ CAN BRING A SUPER BOWL OR NOT. [/SIZE][/B]

[B]2)[/B] [B][SIZE="5"]IF WE GO TO 8-6, THE LAST TWO GAMES SHOULD BE USED TO EVALUATE THE ROSTER AND TO CONSIDER USING 2012 AS A REBUILDING YEAR (as unthinkable as that is - given how slim a chance it is making the playoffs at that point)[/SIZE][/B]

Ok, so what's your take?[/QUOTE]

Rex needs to have a meeting to fire Shotty, Then talk about Sanchez. 1 thing at a time. Im not up on Sanchez, but There are worse quarterbacks out there. Alex Smith went from losing games by himself to managing the game, and the Niners are 8-1... Why cant Sanchez just manage the game?? Im sure he cant fck that up right? With our Running game, we should run a similar offense as the Niners.

If we get a playcaller who understands this, and calls the game according to our talent on offense, we are better and can win a superbowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4231769]Propose right here:

2) What needs to be done

My take:

[B]1) [SIZE=5]REX NEEDS TO HAVE A PRIVATE MEETING WITH TANNY AND WOODY TO SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THE NEXT 2 YEARS AND IF SANCHEZ CAN BRING A SUPER BOWL OR NOT. [/SIZE][/B]

[B]2)[/B] [B][SIZE=5]IF WE GO TO 8-6, THE LAST TWO GAMES SHOULD BE USED TO EVALUATE THE ROSTER AND TO CONSIDER USING 2012 AS A REBUILDING YEAR (as unthinkable as that is - given how slim a chance it is making the playoffs at that point)[/SIZE][/B]

Ok, so what's your take?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/tumblr_ldn0pfF8Se1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif[/IMG]

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4231786]21 of 37 points came directly off Jets Offensive Player turnover.

Our D let up 16 points.

Our O let up 21 points.

No defense for the D's complete inabillity to make a stop, but the O was no better, despite the stat-padded throwing yard numbers tonight.

And and lol at anyone who takes the OP seriously.[/QUOTE]

Only one was Sanchez's fault greene has to take the flak for the other one. The bottom line is we didnt stick to what this team is built for and thats ground and pound. 20 run plays and 49 pass plays tells you it all and thats on Schotty.

Hall Of Fame

Our D let up 16 points.

Our O let up 21 points.

And and lol at anyone who takes the OP seriously.[/QUOTE]

Dude this was a group effort tonight.. Kyle Wilson and Eric Smith deserve as much of the blame if not more..

Unbelievable effort tonight for the Dline and the Oline.. Why even suit up? Why even get out of bed?

[QUOTE=LETSGOJETS;4231800]Rex needs to have a meeting to fire Shotty, Then talk about Sanchez. 1 thing at a time. Im not up on Sanchez, but There are worse quarterbacks out there. Alex Smith went from losing games by himself to managing the game, and the Niners are 8-1... Why cant Sanchez just manage the game?? Im sure he cant fck that up right? With our Running game, we should run a similar offense as the Niners.

If we get a playcaller who understands this, and calls the game according to our talent on offense, we are better and can win a superbowl.[/QUOTE] Why should we settle for a pathetic game manager the 49ers didn't thats why they got a QB of the future waiting. I'm all for drafting a QB next year and let Sanchez manage the game for the next year or 2. But the kids gotta go.

My thoughts upon my return from the game:
    *Do we have the only offense in the league that can watch two opposing defensive backs hit each other and knock each other out of the game then decide on the next play to call a run? I could not believe it. Please fire him already.

*I've never seen so many poorly designed offensive plays. The Patriots are playing everybody back and we are running like 3 guys out there for a pass and everybody is covered on almost every play. Mark had nobody to throw to most of the night. The Pats have the worst defense in the league and we couldn't win either game.

*The last interception was horrible. That play was right in front of me and I saw the defender waiting for him to throw over the middle. Sanchez needs to read that defender.

*On defense, we somehow still don't know how to handle the Patriots two-minute offense that they use against us every game every year. Also, missed sacks (Maybin) and missed INTs (Cromartie, Wilson). Then again, our defense is on the field all game long every week because our offense is inept.

I think today is on the coaches just as much as the players, if not more. Tonight is a total embarrassment; I'm tired of losing these prime time games against the Pats.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 11-14-2011 at 12:30 AM.

The NFL has become a 'passing league'. The Jets have two SB MVP's for WR's and a legitimate threat at TE with Keller, and still can't mave the ball effectively.

The other thing is, you have to be able to score points to win games. A good defense will keep a team in a game, but you need to score points to win.

Jet fans can't see what everyone else in the NFL Knows. Sanchez sucks he one of the worst QBs in the NFL. If the Jets had an average QB they would go 14-2 every year.

Klecko for HEAD COACH.

All League
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;4231820]Why should we settle for a pathetic game manager the 49ers didn't thats why they got a QB of the future waiting. I'm all for drafting a QB next year and let Sanchez manage the game for the next year or 2. But the kids gotta go.[/QUOTE]

And what's your excuse for Schotty before we drafted Sanchez...guess what? Shotty's 5th QB will play exactly the same way as the 4 before him. Time to see what our QB looks like with a different OC before we decide to dump him

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;4231820]Why should we settle for a pathetic game manager the 49ers didn't thats why they got a QB of the future waiting. I'm all for drafting a QB next year and let Sanchez manage the game for the next year or 2. But the kids gotta go.[/QUOTE]

HE cant manage the game if we are calling plays better suited for Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Cant do it.

If the Niners goto the superbowl this year, you will change your tune.. Also the Niners have no quarterback waiting.. They have Smith and thats it.. That guy from Reno sucks.

I guess you never know, he might develop, but he did not look good in pre season

[QUOTE=Dynasty;4231833]Jet fans can't see what everyone else in the NFL Knows. Sanchez sucks he one of the worst QBs in the NFL. If the Jets had an average QB they would go 14-2 every year.[/QUOTE] +1... I think most of us see this now just a select few that can't accept that we wasted some draft picks for him.