Thread: Comment of the night on Sanchez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Comment of the night on Sanchez

Via Jetworks in the game thread but think it deserves to be discussed once that closes...
    [B]
    Sanchez excels at certain things, sucks at others.

* He isn't good at quick reads and short drops.
    * He is good at throwing down the seam and on the move.

Out of the two sentences above, what do you see more of from him? And who's the driving force behind it?

There's the answer.[/B]

I'm not being a Sanchez apologist but today, watching Alex Smith and the Niners before our game is the perfect time to bring up the importance of playing to your QB's strengths.

Do any of us really think Alex Smith is that much better than Sanchez?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Klecko just summed it up on the post game----Sanchez couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BlueDevilJet29;4231802]Via Jetworks in the game thread but think it deserves to be discussed once that closes...
    [B]

Out of the two sentences above, what do you see more of from him? And who's the driving force behind it?

There's the answer.[/B]

I'm not being a Sanchez apologist but today, watching Alex Smith and the Niners before our game is the perfect time to bring up the importance of playing to your QB's strengths.

Do any of us really think Alex Smith is that much better than Sanchez?[/QUOTE]

Glad you feel that it needs to be discussed. It's starting to become obvious that he just isn't comfortable in this offense. I'm sure there are multiple reasons for that, but the overall philosophy is definitely grating on him, I think. I also think Rex may be more to blame for that more than Schotty. And I hate Schotty.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4231809]Joe Klecko just summed it up on the post game----Sanchez couldn't hit the side of a barn.[/QUOTE]

If Klecko is your barometer for anything but DL commentary, you'll be losing a lot of talking points. Sanchez seemed to hit Greene just fine on that INT. Must have had a hard time seeing it as the ball hit him in his facemask.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Klecko knows more about football then you so please, don't insult him. As far as Sanchez and the offense go---it has little to do with that--Its a function of him being very average. Sorry.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BlueDevilJet29;4231802]Via Jetworks in the game thread but think it deserves to be discussed once that closes...
    [B]

* He is good at throwing down the seam and on the move.[/QUOTE]

Please add: He does not have good pocket presence.

Because he doesn't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4231847]Klecko knows more about football then you so please, don't insult him. As far as Sanchez and the offense go---it has little to do with that--Its a function of him being very average. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Think so? Why, because he played?:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;4231850]Please add: He does not have good pocket presence.

Because he doesn't.[/QUOTE]

You know what, last year I would have argued that point mightily. Now, not so much. He used to be pretty good in the pocket from what I remember. This year he has certainly been shaky in the pocket.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4231850]Please add: He does not have good pocket presence.

Because he doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. His pocket awareness is terrible, you would think that would be one area that we would see improvement in year three. He just seems lost sometimes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't the coaches KNOW that they have to play to their star QB's strengths? They have to know better than we do as fans...

Another thing - Sanchez may not have a pocket because his o-line can't block worth shieet, but he's not the greatest at sensing pressure either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]

There's the answer.[/B]

Do any of us really think Alex Smith is that much better than Sanchez?[/QUOTE]

Alex Smith- good under Harbaugh and Norv, two good offensive minds. Bad under others.

Sanchez can't shake Schotty to get a real coordinator. I don't see how Sanchez or any QB can truly develop and improve under Schotty.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable that you guys are ready to give up on Sanchez after tonight. QBs have bad games. Let's draft another QB and watch our window close. moronic.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the fair thing that can be said about Sanchez is that he hasn't developed in the way you would expect of a top-tier, third year starting QB.

He's made gradual progress every year, but the third year as starter is usually a breakout year for elite QB's (Joe led the niners to a 13--3 record and his first SB, Elway went to his first SB in his third full year as a starter, Eli pulled off the miracle in the desert in his third full year as a starter and Brady led the Pats to 14--2 and his second ring after a so-so second starting season).

That's not to say he won't develop, just that it hasn't happened yet. It took a long time for John Elway to become "John Elway."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Norv will be fored at years end. What a pick up that wouold be. hope Rex didnt blow it w/ that comment about Norv.