Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How can you guys seriously blame Mark Sanchez for this?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes the whole team was pathetic but in terms of sanchez, I'd love to see them draft a qb or pick up a veteran next year and have them battle it out with Mcelroy in camp but I know it won't happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFreak89;4231886]Yes it was a little hard but c'mon man this is the NFL. If you think Kyle Wilson should have had that first INT (which he SHOULD have) than an OFFENSIVE player should have no excuse for at least getting his hands up when he knows there is a strong possibility he is getting the ball.[/QUOTE]

I really don't know what you are getting at here? Greene was standing still. Sanchez could have hit him between the numbers or thrown the pass in a certain direction to more or less guide him in the direction he wanted after the pass was caught. Instead, he threw the ball too high and way too hard.

What would you have rather had Green do? He made an effort at catching the pass, that's what anyone would do. He just couldn't because he couldn't react to where the pass was thrown that quickly. After the ball was tipped, that put the Patsy in a position to make a play on the ball.

There's many times when I look at balls thrown by Sanchez and think the receivers got to catch that ball evn when it wasn't exactly where it needed to be. That wasn't the case here. He threw it in a bad spot and even admitted as much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also I thought the Greene interception was thrown too high not too hard but w/e just my opinion. Burress and Holmes can bail you out on throws that are off target but when you have a rb like greene 10 yards in front of you, as a professional quarterback, you gotta hit him in the numbers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4231966]I really don't know what you are getting at here? Greene was standing still. Sanchez could have hit him between the numbers or thrown the pass in a certain direction to more or less guide him in the direction he wanted after the pass was caught. Instead, he threw the ball too high and way too hard.

What would you have rather had Green do? He made an effort at catching the pass, that's what anyone would do. He just couldn't because he couldn't react to where the pass was thrown that quickly. After the ball was tipped, that put the Patsy in a position to make a play on the ball.

There's many times when I look at balls thrown by Sanchez and think the receivers got to catch that ball evn when it wasn't exactly where it needed to be. That wasn't the case here. He threw it in a bad spot and even admitted as much.[/QUOTE]

how are you feeling right about now?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Ego Trip;4231908]He said he should've put it in the number, yes that's true and yes he took the blame. He always has, you expect him to start throwing his teammates under the bus NOW?
    It's the NFL catch the ball.[/QUOTE]

It's virtually impossible to catch the ball when it was thrown in that position. The only way he could have caught that pass was to suddenly grow about another 3 or 4 inches. That isn't going to happen. I think Sanchez thought he was throwing the ball to Plax, but even then he still threw it way too hard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;4231975]how are you feeling right about now?[/QUOTE]

Like sh$t. Much the same as you feel. How do you feel?!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4231986]Like sh$t. Much the same as you feel. How do you feel?![/QUOTE]

I used to get really infuriated now I get more numb after losses like this. I was just thinking back to the thread from yesterday and how dead on that was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;4231993]I used to get really infuriated now I get more numb after losses like this. I was just thinking back to the thread from yesterday and how dead on that was.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean the "what can go wrong?" thread?

Well, I guess the answer was everything went wrong. But it certainly doesn't make me feel vindicated or anything like that. The Jets lost. I wanted them with all of my heart and soul to win. I had been praying about it all week. So this really sucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4232002]What do you mean the "what can go wrong?" thread?

Well, I guess the answer was everything went wrong. But it certainly doesn't make me feel vindicated or anything like that. The Jets lost. I wanted them with all of my heart and soul to win.[B] I had been praying about it all week. [/B]So this really sucks.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time, God's not a Jets fan :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;4232005]Don't waste your time, God's not a Jets fan :([/QUOTE]

LOL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFreak89;4231861]You mean to tell me that Greene is the hard nosed runner and LT is the one who catches balls out of the backfield???

Damn, someone should have told Schotty that at halftime :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I want to see Sanchez play a full season with a competent Offensive Coordinator first.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4232032]I want to see Sanchez play a full season with a competent Offensive Coordinator first.[/QUOTE]

I want to see Sanchez throw one deep ball before the season is over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4231943]
    -Holmes falls / Folk misses FG --> no points on opening drive
    ....[/QUOTE]
    While I don't blame the whole loss on Sanchez entirely, I think the team failed on a lot of levels, I mean, I think the coaching has to take a lot of the heat, as well, because they put their players in some bad positions, like Eric Smith, who isn't capable of doing what they're asking of him, and they KNOW this, and yet, they still use him like they did tonight, setting up a whole bunch of failure, but I digress... This above sequence of events is largely wrapped up in Sanchez's inaccuracy, imo.

If Sanchez hits Tone in stride, instead of throwing a high ball, Tone doesn't have to make an acrobatic leap to get the ball, secure it, and then try to run for the endzone. Leading to Tone being off balance. If that ball is thrown lower, hits Holmes in stride, it's a TD. Sort of difficult for me to see this series of events as anything but, a what if Sanchez had thrown a better pass. I respect if people see it this way, though.

Did you guys catch Wayne Hunter seemingly slightly blaming Sanchez for something during the Jets Postgame? "Mark ran it a little more than we wanted him to..." in regards to the o-line/oline's play. What was he even talking about? And did I misunderstand?

I don't know, I think Mark, this season, he's shown some good things, he's shown some not so good things... I think he'll settle down and be fine. Although, I'm becoming increasingly concerned about his reads, and his inability to read the field at times.

AFC Scouts have mentioned his reads being off, him not seeing people open, etc. And, then, again in this game... He's missing Tone open, in game after game... I don't know if he's not reading/seeing the whole field, or what, but, again, on one of his interceptions tonight, Tone came open on top, and I don't know why he didn't take that shot, instead of... bam. Turnover.

I have to wonder if the o-line's craptastic play is just so severely impacting Mark's ability to get comfortable, make reads, etc. I mean, even the analysts said Mark was, at one point, looking to make sure nobody was blitzing him, instead of looking down field to try to hit his receivers.

I just... I think it's time to see Mark with a new OC. This whole offense with a new OC. Tonight proved, once again, adjustments didn't get made, players weren't put in the best position to execute, the o-line is struggling, yet we keep spreading things out, the run is working and we abandon it, we continue to underutilize weapons during the course of the game, our QB is still making some reads that... yeah. Just wasn't pretty tonight.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;4232046]I want to see Sanchez throw one deep ball before the season is over.[/QUOTE]

We got rid of Braylon Edwards and Schitt4brains is too busy calling calling 5 yd passing plays on 3rd and 10.

Sign Moss and Schitcan Schotty. Maybe we'll have some kind of a vertical threat finally.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4231966]I really don't know what you are getting at here? Greene was standing still. Sanchez could have hit him between the numbers or thrown the pass in a certain direction to more or less guide him in the direction he wanted after the pass was caught. Instead, he threw the ball too high and way too hard.

There's many times when I look at balls thrown by Sanchez and think the receivers got to catch that ball evn when it wasn't exactly where it needed to be. That wasn't the case here. He threw it in a bad spot and even admitted as much.[/QUOTE]

Of course, Greene said in the next interview that he should have caught the ball, but I wouldn't expect you to mention that part as it doesn't fit your agenda.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shevys;4232056]Of course, Greene said in the next interview that he should have caught the ball, but I wouldn't expect you to mention that part as it doesn't fit your agenda.[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about? What agenda might you be speaking about?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4231839]Mark Sanchez has maybe the most talent in the NFL on his team.

He's just not good. He gets sacked right? Watch the replay fool, good QBs get rid of the rock and make it look easy. He's just not good. AT ALL!!!

Andre Carter had 4.5 sacks!!!!! It's not the line, its the slow minded QB.

He plays scared, never looks off the main target, is afraid to fit the ball into tight spots, fires the ball to guys 4 yards from him, cant throw the back shoulder, has no touch, super innacurate.....should I keep going because I can!!!

I'M DONE WITH MARK!!!!!! DONE![/QUOTE]

Let's not forget his developing knack for the ill-timed interception:

Two red-zone INTs this year that were completely his fault (Oakland, Buffalo)
    THREE pick-6s this year that were completely his fault (Dallas, Baltimore, NE)

To those of you saying he needs a new OC to be successful...I can only hope you're right at this point. I don't think you are, but I'll be glad to be wrong.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look Mark is not great and may never be but our problem is Shoddy. Greene's average was 4.7 per carry and LT was 5.2 but Shoddy insisted on calling pass after pass even when seeing his QB was out of sync all night. Every time we've beaten the pats it's by running all night and keeping the ball out of Brady's hands. Posession football.

Shoddy just doesn't get it at all.

If Sanchez can't figure out by now when to throw the ball away (or call a timeout) then the fault lays on him but it also lays at the feet of a coach who clearly can't coach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4231839]Mark Sanchez has maybe the most talent in the NFL on his team.

He's just not good. He gets sacked right? Watch the replay fool, good QBs get rid of the rock and make it look easy. He's just not good. AT ALL!!!

Andre Carter had 4.5 sacks!!!!! It's not the line, its the slow minded QB.

He plays scared, never looks off the main target, is afraid to fit the ball into tight spots, fires the ball to guys 4 yards from him, cant throw the back shoulder, has no touch, super innacurate.....should I keep going because I can!!!

I'M DONE WITH MARK!!!!!! DONE![/QUOTE]

+1 , you have described him to a T