Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight wasn't on Mark, it wasn't on the defense, it wasn't on Schotty...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonight wasn't on Mark, it wasn't on the defense, it wasn't on Schotty...

It was on the NY JETS. plain and simple.

This was a result of the entire team making a culmination of mistakes and not making plays...you can point to 4, 5, 6 maybe even 10 things that went wrong...but the bottom line, is the NY Jets as an entire team let this one go.

Offense, defense, specials and coaches...

This team has to forget this and quickly. They have to play in Denver in no time and there's no time to dwell.

A horrible loss, but as a team they must move forward.

Onward to Denver.

You think tonight was a gut check for this team? We will REALLY find out what this team is made of come Thursday night.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 11-14-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4231937]It was on the NY JETS. plain and simple.

This was a result of the entire team making a culmination of mistakes and not making plays...you can point to 4, 5, 6 maybe even 10 things that went wrong...but the bottom line, is the NY Jets as an entire team let this one go.

This team has to forget this and quickly. They have to play in Denver in no time and there's no time to dwell.

Onward to Denver.[/QUOTE]

Bullsht it wasnt on Shotty, he deserves as much as the blame as Eric Smith and Kyle Wilson.

There was no rhythm on offense. too much throwing on first down... Too much throwing in the first half, not taking advantage of matchups, it Sucked

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LETSGOJETS;4231945]Bullsht it wasnt on Shotty, he deserves as much as the blame as Eric Smith and Kyle Wilson.

There was no rhythm on offense. too much throwing on first down... Too much throwing in the first half, not taking advantage of matchups, it Sucked[/QUOTE]

i think your missing the point...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Onward to Denver.

You think tonight was a gut check for this team? We will REALLY find out what this team is made of come Thursday night.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it any better....

There's not one phase of the game we were better than the Pats tonight, I'm glad the game is Thursday, a win erases some of the stench from this stinker.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't on Schotty! Are you kidding us? 16 points against 1 of the worst defenses! No shots down field till Kerley hauls 1 in late in the 4th. Offense was bad outside 1st drive and couple plays.

Offensive line was absolute garbage.

Pass rush was a joke! and embarassment!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last 30 years of crappy coaching has many of the fans done, including myself. We are stuck with Rex for a few more years, then we will have to deal a new coach, players,... F()ck this

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4231991]The last 30 years of crappy coaching has many of the fans done, including myself. We are stuck with Rex for a few more years, then we will have to deal a new coach, players,... F()ck this[/QUOTE]

ok cool..

see ya

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not on Mark? New nickname for the guy: "Mr. Pick Six/Idiot INT".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Onward to Denver.

You think tonight was a gut check for this team? We will REALLY find out what this team is made of come Thursday night.[/QUOTE]

Of course. That goes without saying. But if we are going to repair this you must point out where the responsibility lies. Although there's plenty to go around, the vast majority of responsibility lies with Mark Sanchez. The QB didn't do his job last night.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look Mark struggled all night but shoddy abandoned the run again way to quickly.

Mark is not a world beater at this point of his career and the beginning of the season showed that. But he gets no support from a OC that insists on trying to make him one. Which given we have no pass rush just plays right into Belli's hands.

Shoddy is just incapable of calling more than one good game in a row. Has cost 2 coaches their jobs and on his way to a third.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4232110]Of course. That goes without saying. But if we are going to repair this you must point out where the responsibility lies. Although there's plenty to go around, the vast majority of responsibility lies with Mark Sanchez. The QB didn't do his job last night.[/QUOTE]
    How the heck does the offensive coordinator get a bye in this?
    A majority of the fault lies with him leaving the Mulligan out there, putting them into position to have to throw against one of the worst defenses they will face this year. 70% is on schitty to blame anyone else more show an utter lack of football knowledge. Was Mark perfect nope far from it but maybe if they went max protect not emptying the backfield a few times in the first half....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rammagen;4232116]How the heck does the offensive coordinator get a bye in this?
    A majority of the fault lies with him leaving the Mulligan out there, putting them into position to have to throw against one of the worst defenses they will face this year. 70% is on schitty to blame anyone else more show an utter lack of football knowledge. Was Mark perfect nope far from it but maybe if they went max protect not emptying the backfield a few times in the first half....[/QUOTE]

Where in my post does it say I'm not blaming Schotty? We lost so badly that there certainly enough blame to go around. I just think the vast majority lies with Mark Sanchez. The QB did not show up last night, INEXCUSEABLE.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez has shown no improvement this year and I dont know if that has to do with him, Scotty or a combination of both but obviously our O is widly inconsistent and something has to give and you cant really get rid of the QB at this point as there are no immediate better alternatives so....:rolleyes:

Also, our D will never be dominant until we get a pass rusher that doesnt cause us to play all these wild schemes and blitzes.

We will beat the Broncos Thursday but these issues will never let us get past really good teams on a consistent basis. Make no mistake we are NOT as godd as the last two seasons. The only consolation is there is not one dominant team in the AFC that cant be beat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two words... ROLL OUT....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4232102]Not on Mark? New nickname for the guy: "Mr. Pick Six/Idiot INT".[/QUOTE]

Borgo- that pick six came with 6 minutes on the clock down by 14, irrelevant.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4232211]Borgo- that pick six came with 6 minutes on the clock down by 14, irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

With Brady down by 14 and six minutes to go, would you have said the game was out of reach? If we score, we still have a shot at an onside kick. Although a win was unlikely, that pick six completely ended our chances. Sanchez seems to have a propensity for throwing bad picks in key spots.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I missed the game. I almost remember Sanchez being 9-14 in the first half. I remember a little bit about the play calling inside the ten all night, oh yeah, FIVE WIDE EVERY TIME!

I remember Greene face donking a pass, Wilson dropping a sure pick pix, D'Brick playing his worst game ever, Smith still sucking, Mcnight setting up an easy TD, Folk missing a chippy, the cb's missing their assignments, all night.

Blame Sanchez, that's easy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4232223]With Brady down by 14 and six minutes to go, would you have said the game was out of reach? If we score, we still have a shot at an onside kick. Although a win was unlikely, that pick six completely ended our chances. Sanchez seems to have a propensity for throwing bad picks in key spots.[/QUOTE]

In a normal game, yes we would still have a chance, not last night. What makes you think the defense could have stopped them? The defense was shot. The McNight fumble and Greene pick finished the d off.

Here's a thought, maybe if Tomlinson makes the previous catch, the pick six never happens.

Keep blaming Sanchez, its easy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4232235]In a normal game, yes we would still have a chance, not last night. What makes you think the defense could have stopped them? The defense was shot. The McNight fumble and Greene pick finished the d off.

Here's a thought, maybe if Tomlinson makes the previous catch, the pick six never happens.

[B]Keep blaming Sanchez, its easy.[/B][/QUOTE]

Not that it's easy. He's just not playing that well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that's what you see than fine.

What I saw was a qb get in the face of his te in the first half for running the wrong route when everyone on this board assumed Sanchez over threw Keller.

I saw Sanchez get in Holme's face when Sanchez made a kill call at the line and threw a quick out only to have Holmes streak up the sideline.

I Sanchez running for his life because his all pro tackle couldnt block my daughter last night.

What you need to do to really evaluate a qb is to watch the coaches tape. From the tv view there is no way to tell who is open, what the play call is, who missed their assignments, ect.

I know, no matter what Sanchez sucks.