Thread: Turning point of the game

Turning point of the game

a. Wilson drops INT that could have led 2 Td
    b. Kerley injured
    c. Greene drops ball that gets INT
    d. McKnight fumble
    e. none of the above

Two moments that stand out..

1. Defense giving up the touchdown before the half due to soft coverage, missed tackles and sloppy penalties. Momentum changed right there and we never got it back.

2. McKnight's fumble and Strickland conspiring not to recover the ball when it is looked easier to catch it than to do what he did.

[QUOTE=K_O_Brien;4231957]Two moments that stand out..

1. Defense giving up the touchdown before the half due to soft coverage, missed tackles and sloppy penalties. Momentum changed right there and we never got it back.

2. McKnight's fumble and [B]Strickland conspiring not to recover the ball when it is looked easier to catch it than to do what he did[/B].[/QUOTE]

I'd understand if he tried to scoop. its funny when i played football coach always said jump on it don't try to pick it up. Which is what he did yet he still didn't recover it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4231938]a. Wilson drops INT that could have led 2 Td
    b. Kerley injured
    d. McKnight fumble
    e. none of the above[/QUOTE]

yes... Not being able to intercept a ball thrown right to you X2

Not being able to recover McKnights fumble when we clearly had chances to simply fall on the football

Inexcusable!

-Sanchez calls timeout with 18 seconds left on the play clock, giving Brady time for a TD before halftime
    -McKnight fumble
    -Greene can't catch the ball gets intercepted

take your pick all 3 were huge. Just too many critical errors to win a game like this. Coaching needs to be more thorough.

All League
    I say its when sorry arse Holmes fell down instead of scoring a freaking TD to start the game, it was all downhill from there.

Veteran
    I think missing a chip FG to start the game after another long drive kinda planted the seed of doubt for this fragile Jet psyche.

We were lucky enought to recover from the Fraudalo Bills, but there is something about the Patriots that this team (Jets) just nut-up when something goes wrong and it's usaully down hill from there.

I'd throw in the fumble that somehow Brady outfought Mo for. :(

b. Kerley injured
    d. McKnight fumble

e. none of the above - the turning point was when Sanchez calls a TO with almost 30 seconds left on the play clock before the half....absolutely the worst decision a QB could make on a 3rd and 2 goal line play. If he wanted a TO, run down the freakin play clock to 1 sec, then call it...what a idiot! Rookie mistake in his 3rd year in the league...terrible!

Giving up that TD before the half... Only time we had the lead and the defense just gave it up far too quickly.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4232322]Giving up that TD before the half... Only time we had the lead and the defense just gave it up far too quickly.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened against indy in the afccg.

wrong on all counts. the turning point came during the first jets offensive series when b'brick was lined up in the slot. right there it was plenty obvious that schitty was up to his old jets tricks.

stupid play, stupid play, stupid play.

This may sound weird, but to me the turning point of the game was when Holmes caught the slant from Sanchez and the two Pats defenders (Ihedigbo and Mccourtey) collided leaving Holmes free to score and he tripped over his own two feet. We ended up missing the FG. A TD in that spot changes the tone of the game.

I guess calling a timeout that the coach ruled the "Dumbest play in NFL history" to blow a lead right before halftime would be the obvious choice so you left that one off?:rolleyes:

sounds like the turning point was when the jets took the field.

No "all of the above" option?

Jets made so many errors last night that it's hard to pin the loss on just one.

Clock Management
    Fumbling punts/fumbling fumbles
    Droped INTs
    Penalties
    Missed tackles
    Missed FGs

b. Kerley injured
    d. McKnight fumble

e. On opening drive when Sanchez could not score the TD then went to settle for a 24 yard field goal which the kicker botched. Deflated Jets and crowd plus stats say when Jets play Pats whoever scores first wins 75% of time.

If Jets came down field and scored a TD on opening drive I bet the game would have turned out a lot different.

All League
    In retrospect, we should have known what kind of night it was going to be when Folk misses that chip shot FG right out of the gate....that was it right there, the way the night went after that is no surprise...

[QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4232186]I'd throw in the fumble that somehow Brady outfought Mo for. :([/QUOTE]

Actually, the Jets benefited by not recovering, because they got the safety on that series, and scored a TD on the ensuing drive.

The early time out is being blown way out of proportion. I doubt that Brady really needed the extra 17 seconds; they probably would have scored anyway. You blame the defense for allowing that drive and taking those dumb penalties.

I think not being able to stop the Pats after closing to within 7 early in the 4th quarter was what really killed them.