Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turning point of the game

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4232334]same thing happened against indy in the afccg.[/QUOTE]

Yep...

But speaking big picture, I still put the majority of the blame on the offense. If we actually managed to score a couple TD's in the first half like we should've, we end up putting a ton of pressure on the NE offense.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jzelada121;4231992]I say its when sorry arse Holmes fell down instead of scoring a freaking TD to start the game, it was all downhill from there.[/QUOTE]

Yep...which underscores another problem. Personally, I think Holmes slipped b/c he had to reach to far to catch that ball.

Sure the pass was accurate enough to catch it, but still not accurate enough.

This has always been a game of inches and subtleties. Championship QBs put that ball in a spot where Holmes can catch and run with it. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers....all make that throw.

Look at the "great" catch Plax made. He had to layout for it even though he was open. If that ball is on the money, he runs like the wind.

[QUOTE=jzelada121;4231992]I say its when [B]sorry arse Holmes fell down instead of scoring a freaking TD to start the game,[/B] it was all downhill from there.[/QUOTE]

Agreed big play. Holmes has been a huge disappointment and isn't being used properly.

[QUOTE=SouthTown;4232370]In retrospect, we should have known what kind of night it was going to be when Folk misses that chip shot FG right out of the gate....that was it right there, the way the night went after that is no surprise...[/QUOTE]

Horrible miss and his 1st of season. Why couldn't he have missed vs. Miami or Bistons?!

[QUOTE=Jerricho89;4232371]Actually, the Jets benefited by not recovering, because they got the safety on that series, and scored a TD on the ensuing drive.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Jetfan16; 11-14-2011 at 03:17 PM.

the turning point was when santonio holmes fell instead of jogging into the endzone

which led to folk's miss

which sealed the game for me

No turnovers and Jets win. Simple as that. They just aren't ready for primetime yet. Pats are still their daddy. They need to grow up.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4232186]I'd throw in the fumble that somehow Brady outfought Mo for. :([/QUOTE]

How in the hell Brady came up with the football at the bottom of that pile is mind boggling.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4232380]Yep...

But speaking big picture, I still put the majority of the blame on the offense. If we actually managed to score a couple TD's in the first half like we should've, we end up putting a ton of pressure on the NE offense.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The game was lost way before Brady put them up 2 scores.

The Pats offense gets a little antsy when they are down, and we never really forced that issue on them. We had the lead for like 40 seconds of the game.

I'm prefacing this by saying I think Westhoff is the best in the biz...

But why the hell did we boot the ball out of the endzone on that last kickoff before half? We were kicking from the 50. You have to take advantage of that, or at the very least, kick it to the edge of the goal line and force them to burn some clock in the return. That really baffled me.

I think it's the very 1st drive of the game to be honest.

March down the field with authority.
    Stall instead of getting a td.
    Miss a chip shot FG.
    Air going out of full balloon.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4233093]I think it's the very 1st drive of the game to be honest.

March down the field with authority.
    Stall instead of getting a td.
    Miss a chip shot FG.
    Air going out of full balloon.[/QUOTE]

Folk missed a 30-yarder against NE in the playoffs last year after Harris returned an interception to the 12-yard line early in the game. But the Jets went on to win anyway.

Undrafted Free Agent
    For turning point I say a combo of Missed FG (really should have posted 7 points) and Wilson dropped Int. Those things go the other way. We are singing a different tune. Would have pissed Brady off and I think led to more mistakes. He was running on max confidence all game. As he should have the way we played him.

If I have to pick one, it had to be the McKnight fumble... everything else was gravy after that...

[QUOTE=JFB;4232364]No "all of the above" option?

Jets made so many errors last night that it's hard to pin the loss on just one.

Clock Management
    Fumbling punts/fumbling fumbles
    Droped INTs
    Penalties
    Missed tackles
    Missed FGs[/QUOTE]

Agree! You know, somehow the Patsies just seem to bring these mistakes out of us! It's like we're psyched out when we see the cheating hoodie and pretty boy!

[QUOTE=jxc;4232353]I guess calling a timeout that the coach ruled the "Dumbest play in NFL history" to blow a lead right before halftime would be the obvious choice so you left that one off?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Compounded by the 2nd dumbest play in my opinion when kicking off from the 50 yard line, Folk kicks it 10'000 rows into the stands....

I have 2 problems with this...First if the timeout was stupid so is kicking the ball into the stands where you also run zero time off the clock....

Next with our great kickoff coverage, why not pooch the ball high in the air to the 5 or so yard line....Run some time off and probably give the Pats a few yards longer to drive......

Veteran
    The turning point of the game:

Holmes catching the pass in stride with a clear look at the endzone and falling on his face.

The entire game can be summed up in that one play. Its what happened constantly throughout the night. Just when we had a chance we fell on our faces. It happened repeatedly after that the jets just couldn't get out of their own way.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4232186]I'd throw in the fumble that somehow Brady outfought Mo for. :([/QUOTE]

Uhm, why?

Jets got a safety the next play and scored a TD on the ensuing drive.

[QUOTE=CharlotteJetsGuy;4233181]If I have to pick one, it had to be the McKnight fumble... everything else was gravy after that...[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that McKnight fumble was turning point.

The time out is just a red herring. Seriously. It was 80 freakin' yards. If the Jets D was as good as Rex's fat mouth always says it is, it would have kept them off the scoreboard. Don't blame Eric Smith being awful at football on a time out.

[QUOTE=bman;4233079]No turnovers and Jets win. Simple as that. They just aren't ready for primetime yet. Pats are still their daddy. They need to grow up.[/QUOTE]

agreed horrible turnovers. those who ripped Sanchez see tips!