Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are The Gloves Off Now? Is It Safe To Blame Rex Ryan For A Change?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Are The Gloves Off Now? Is It Safe To Blame Rex Ryan For A Change?

He's loveable, he changed the culture of the team, blah blah blah.

This team is the living embodiment of Jekyll and Hyde. World beaters one week, doormats the next. Disciplined one week, a sloppy mess the next. Fantastic gameplanning one week, no gameplan at all the next.

When you see your coach resort to begging the fans to make noise and putting the team in fancy uniform combinations and resorting to Jedi mind tricks to make them focused, you know something's wrong. This isn't a team that lacks talent; it's a team that lacks discipline and focus. Can waltz into Foxboro in February and get a decisive playoff win one week and sleepwalk into Pittsburgh the next and lose the season. Can suffocate the Chargers and Bills and then take a nap against New England. Complete inconsistency. That's on the head coach.

We kill Schottenheimer. We kill Sanchez. We kill Bart Scott. We kill our safeties. We kill our missing pass rush. Hello. Time to kill the coach.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You forgot the punter....We always kill the punter...
    Last edited by ASH_1962; 12-18-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfotunately; the answer to your question is YES!!!!!

Good Grief!!!!!:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my God, Dump this garbage where it belongs please sooth..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do blame coaching, because this was a true team loss. You can't pin this loss on 1 player. So many players made miscues that contributed to the disaster that it's a reflection of the way the team was coached. They just didn't do the little things well while New England did.

Belichick outcoached Ryan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all eventually falls on Rex

3 years and no divison titles, if we miss the playoffs this year fans will start to turn on him, he won't lose his job, Schotty will, but he will be next

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LETSGOJETS;4231968]Oh my God, Dump this garbage where it belongs please sooth..[/QUOTE]

Rex Ryan lost tonight's game. I don't care how much his smack-talk entertains you.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too true. Sanchez was Rex's guy. He gave up a lot to get him. Big waste, time to look for a new qb. He has gotten worse and is in no way worth what Rex gave up to get him.

We are stuck because who else do we have?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4231970]I do blame coaching, because this was a true team loss. You can't pin this loss on 1 player. So many players made miscues that contributed to the disaster that it's a reflection of the way the team was coached. They just didn't do the little things well while New England did.

Belichick outcoached Ryan.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Big picture, you see a winning regular season record, a great postseason record, a culture change, a Top 5 defense, and an entertaining personality.

Small picture, you see a game that was a must-win where the team just didn't get off the bus. It's a theme that repeats itself in the worst moments each season.

Tonight, Belichick took a rag-tag bunch of defensive scrubs and suffocated our offense. What did Ryan do to distinguish himself?

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4231976]Rex Ryan lost tonight's game. I don't care how much his smack-talk entertains you.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You can't have the team not ready for the Pats' hurry up when we've seen them do it against us before.

You can't have the team not attack downfield against Molden and Arrington

You can't have your QB call a timeout which left the Pats with :17 extra seconds to score.

Rex failed terribly today. He deserves all the bad publicity for this teams stinker

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;4231972]It all eventually falls on Rex

3 years and no divison titles, if we miss the playoffs this year fans will start to turn on him, he won't lose his job, Schotty will, but he will be next[/QUOTE]

The warning signs were all there last season. Those 4 eked out wins against bad teams with the offense being a no-show until the fourth quarter and the defense giving up big yardage as they sleepwalked through a game they thought was a gimmie.

The only difference between last year's regular season and this year's regular season is that we couldn't come back in the Oakland or New England games whereas last year we did against Houston, Detroit, Denver, and Cleveland.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4231983]Exactly.

Tonight, Belichick took a rag-tag bunch of defensive scrubs and suffocated our offense. What did Ryan do to distinguish himself?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Tonight? nothing...

Last season? Leaps and Bounds... Calm Down, you are acting as if BB owns Rex,... we got em last year, they got us this year..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;4231984]You can't have the team not ready for the Pats' hurry up when we've seen them do it against us before.

You can't have the team not attack downfield against Molden and Arrington

You can't have your QB call a timeout which left the Pats with :17 extra seconds to score.

Rex failed terribly today. He deserves all the bad publicity for this teams stinker[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's a fact. But his Jedi force field is very strong, we love him so much for being the anti-Mangini and the anti-Edwards that most will continue to protect him from the criticism, will point it elsewhere.

Take away the post season success and look at the regular season and Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez are the same third-year player; inconsistent, unreliable, and inexperienced. Rex makes just as many boneheaded decisions as Mark does. Time to call him on it.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LETSGOJETS;4231989]Tonight? nothing...

Last season? Leaps and Bounds... Calm Down, you are acting as if BB owns Rex,... we got em last year, they got us this year..[/QUOTE]
    45-3?

Rex was owned by BB in the biggest regular season game last year also, I'm sick of getting embarrased by the Pats on national TV. They aren't as good as last year, this is a game we should have won

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LETSGOJETS;4231989]Calm Down, you are acting as if BB owns Rex,... [/QUOTE]

Well, leave aside last year's playoff game and he pretty much does.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LETSGOJETS;4231989]Tonight? nothing...

Last season? Leaps and Bounds... Calm Down, you are acting as if BB owns Rex,... we got em last year, they got us this year..[/QUOTE]

I'm calm. Not sitting here spitting blood or anything.

See, the Edwards and Mangini teams were weaklings and the Patriots were dynastic and so we could understand the big-picture and feel a certain way after losses.

But Ryan's team is very talented, can beat any NFL team any time they want to. The issue is that they simply don't show up sometimes. They just take the week off. Never seen anything like this. There are 'great' teams. There are 'suck' teams. There are 'mediocre' teams.

I've never seen a 'great/suck' team before. There's no middle ground with these Jets. If a team is good enough to spank the Patriots into oblivion in the playoffs one week, how can they no-show the next? Buffalo last week, New England the next? Over and over again, same ol' thing happening. It's all Rex Ryan. He can't get the team on an even-keel, always too high or too low.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, this one falls on Rex. It starts at the top.

The team was not prepared & it showed.

Missed FG.

Fumbled punt.

Poor clock management.

WR's running wrong routes.

Dropped passes.

The lack of pass protection.

The absolute worst thing I saw (multiple times) was when the defense wasn't lined up for the snap & Brady throwing to a wide open WR each time for a first down. Inexcusable.

Matt Mulligan should've never seen the field.

The Patriots' TE's devoured our secondary all night. We simply didn't have an answer for them.

Out-coached & out-played. That falls on Rex.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4231983]Small picture, you see a game that was a must-win where the team just didn't get off the bus. It's a theme that repeats itself in the worst moments each season.
    SAR I[/QUOTE]

But doesn't every team hit a wall? There's only one team that wins the whole enchilada, and even it may lose at times during the season when its fans think it shouldn't.

Outside of tonight's loss, when were the times this year when you thought the Jets came up small? And to be fair, you should list the times they exceed your expectations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETSET47;4232004]I agree, this one falls on Rex. It starts at the top.

The team was not prepared & it showed.

Missed FG.

Fumbled punt.

Poor clock management.

WR's running wrong routes.

Dropped passes.

The lack of pass protection.

The absolute worst thing I saw (multiple times) was when the defense wasn't lined up for the snap & Brady throwing to a wide open WR each time for a first down. Inexcusable.

Matt Mulligan should've never seen the field.

The Patriots' TE's devoured our secondary all night. We simply didn't have an answer for them.

Out-coached & out-played. That falls on Rex.[/QUOTE]

Bingo

Again the same situation as last year after 45-3. I'm ****ing sick of not winning this division. ****

The only saving grace again is we might get another crack at these guys in January.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4231955]He's loveable, he changed the culture of the team, blah blah blah.

This team is the living embodiment of Jekyll and Hyde. World beaters one week, doormats the next. Disciplined one week, a sloppy mess the next. Fantastic gameplanning one week, no gameplan at all the next.

When you see your coach resort to begging the fans to make noise and putting the team in fancy uniform combinations and resorting to Jedi mind tricks to make them focused, you know something's wrong. This isn't a team that lacks talent; it's a team that lacks discipline and focus. Can waltz into Foxboro in February and get a decisive playoff win one week and sleepwalk into Pittsburgh the next and lose the season. Can suffocate the Chargers and Bills and then take a nap against New England. Complete inconsistency. That's on the head coach.

We kill Schottenheimer. We kill Sanchez. We kill Bart Scott. We kill our safeties. We kill our missing pass rush. Hello. Time to kill the coach.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Well, my one criticism of Rex has always been that he doesn't keep the team focused on fundamentals of the game. Playing disciplined football, playing mistake free football. Keeping the team consistent. That criticism would certainly be valid here.

But I can't help but think if we only had a QB that did his job tonight, we could have possibly won this game any way.