Thread: Horrific and embarrassing loss

Horrific and embarrassing loss

This is the worst loss of the Rex Ryan era. And we've had a few awful ones. But tonight was just so bad. Sanchez was so awful. Rex was so clearly outcoached. The gameplan was amateurish. The effort was entitled? This is in my opinion easily the worst loss under Rex. The #1 seed in the AFC was there for the taking.

The division is lost. 3 road games. Can we do it? I'm just going to pretend tonight didn't happen. There is no good to take from this. A franchise destroyer

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=1e1ep.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

This sums it all up.

[QUOTE=Vin;4232024][img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=1e1ep.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

This sums it all up.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez's regression is troublesome

Folk too. Now we have to worry about him? The funny thing is no one is good in the AFC. The Texans are probably the big faves right now. Maybe they deserve to be

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4232020]This is the worst loss of the Rex Ryan era. And we've had a few awful ones. But tonight was just so bad. Sanchez was so awful. Rex was so clearly outcoached. The gameplan was amateurish. The effort was entitled? This is in my opinion easily the worst loss under Rex. The #1 seed in the AFC was there for the taking.

The division is lost. 3 road games. Can we do it? I'm just going to pretend tonight didn't happen. There is no good to take from this. A franchise destroyer[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Did you not watch last year's 45-3 debacle? This was at least a close game until the 4th quarter. Last year was a clusterf*ck from the first whistle to the last. I even think the Baltimore whooping was, in many ways, worse than this one.

I understand why some think this is worse, since it hurts as it's against a rival whom we all thought was ripe for the picking. We just thought wrong. So did the Jets.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4232020]This is the worst loss of the Rex Ryan era. And we've had a few awful ones. But tonight was just so bad. Sanchez was so awful. Rex was so clearly outcoached. The gameplan was amateurish. The effort was entitled? This is in my opinion easily the worst loss under Rex. The #1 seed in the AFC was there for the taking.

The division is lost. 3 road games. Can we do it? I'm just going to pretend tonight didn't happen. There is no good to take from this. A franchise destroyer[/QUOTE]

told u guys u were underestimating the Pats. I was fully convinced they'd be just as motivated for this game than we would be. Brady getting his revenge after getting embarrassed at home. Pats are and will always be the team to beat until they officially lose the division. The Jets beat themselves tonight ... McKnight's fumble, Plax's offensive pass interference, penalties, folk missing a chip shot, so on and so on.

What troubles me the most isn't the offense believe it or not. The Pats defense played well against the Giants last week. The O line is an issue no doubt but what troubles me the most if that our defense looked average. The Pats offense struggled a lot against the Giants and Steelers but against us they couldn't get off the field at times. Their hurry up kept us in a base defense and these are things you'd think we adjust to. Our defense plays as if its a 4-3 at times ... We leave the most typical mismatches out there with Eric Smith vs Gronk, Strickland vs Gronk ..... and our pass rush was anemic. Brady was so locked in today yet early in the game we did't make the plays that matter. Going into the end of the first half ... I don't care what Sanchez did with the timeout. We were up by 3 and Brady's just drives down and gets 7 before the half ends. Thats a killer .... This is where our defense should have stepped up. Again we have the ball down 7 in the 4th and this is the 3rd game where we've allowed teams to have big drives on us in the 4th .... Oakland, Pats the 1st time and now this Pats game. People want to say the defense is tired and all that but we supposedly have incredible depth in the front line .... guys shouldn't be tired this year in these situations. Add that with the fact that hurry up mode is only effective if they are getting repeat 1st downs. Our defense hasn't been what its supposed to be. After watching the Cowboys do to the Bills what we did ... I'm not impressed with the win against Buffalo as much as I was last week. I don't believe we've beaten a playoff team all season ... chances are Dallas, San Diego, and Buffalo may not even make the playoff's.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4232080]told u guys u were underestimating the Pats. I was fully convinced they'd be just as motivated for this game than we would be. Brady getting his revenge after getting embarrassed at home. Pats are and will always be the team to beat until they officially lose the division. The Jets beat themselves tonight ... McKnight's fumble, Plax's offensive pass interference, penalties, folk missing a chip shot, so on and so on.

What troubles me the most isn't the offense believe it or not. The Pats defense played well against the Giants last week. The O line is an issue no doubt but what troubles me the most if that our defense looked average. The Pats offense struggled a lot against the Giants and Steelers but against us they couldn't get off the field at times. Their hurry up kept us in a base defense and these are things you'd think we adjust to. Our defense plays as if its a 4-3 at times ... We leave the most typical mismatches out there with Eric Smith vs Gronk, Strickland vs Gronk ..... and our pass rush was anemic. Brady was so locked in today yet early in the game we did't make the plays that matter. Going into the end of the first half ... I don't care what Sanchez did with the timeout. We were up by 3 and Brady's just drives down and gets 7 before the half ends. Thats a killer .... This is where our defense should have stepped up. Again we have the ball down 7 in the 4th and this is the 3rd game where we've allowed teams to have big drives on us in the 4th .... Oakland, Pats the 1st time and now this Pats game. People want to say the defense is tired and all that but we supposedly have incredible depth in the front line .... guys shouldn't be tired this year in these situations. Add that with the fact that hurry up mode is only effective if they are getting repeat 1st downs. Our defense hasn't been what its supposed to be. After watching the Cowboys do to the Bills what we did ... I'm not impressed with the win against Buffalo as much as I was last week. I don't believe we've beaten a playoff team all season ... chances are Dallas, San Diego, and Buffalo may not even make the playoff's.[/QUOTE]

The pass protection burned me the most. Sanchez was under duress all night. I just don't get how we can't run or pass block against a poor D. This was just a terrible game for our D

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4232081]The pass protection burned me the most. Sanchez was under duress all night. I just don't get how we can't run or pass block against a poor D. This was just a terrible game for our D[/QUOTE]

I don't get how the Jets left Gronk 1 on 1 in man coverage every single time with the likes of Eric Smith and Donald Strickland. Is amazes me to see the same team that weak flooded linemen and linebackers in zones underneath and pass rushers chipping Tightends and slot receivers just literally 7 days ago and this week ... NONE OF THAT. Its almost like we had more respect for Buffalo's offense and inside receivers than we did for the Pats. I'm shocked that we just gave Brady the same defensive looks time and time again with man 2 man coverage across the board and just let him pick and choose. In fact the amazing thing about the Jets is that after watching the Giants and Steelers just playing bump and run coverage across the board with 2 deep or flooded zones underneath EVEN when the Pats went bunch ... the Jets actually had corners backed off the line. What the hell did Rex and Pettine study? The Steelers and Giants when successful never backed off the line of scrimmage against the Pats receivers. They chipped slot guys and chipped tightends with linebackers in the inside and then sent 4 to 5 on Brady every time.

The Jets with BETTER corners than both of those teams actually played back. I thought Pettine and Rex were trying to get too cute with the looks and not give Brady the same looks and etc. Trust your personnel and actually play it smart. How Gronk could be left 1 on 1 with Eric Smith time and time again is beyond me. Even if its happening by quarter 3 there should be an adjustment being made. Pettine out-thunk himself ... Rex is running too loose of a ship. Guys aren't afraid to get penalized and miss assignments cause nobody gets benched after they make big mistakes. Strickland could forget to move to Ocho on a busted coverage that causes 50 yards and still not get benched. He could get beat time and time again by whoever he's on but he stays on the field. Eric Smith could make penalties after penalties and give up big plays in coverage and never will you see Emanuel Cook given the chance to see if he can do better. All these teams like the giants and packers use their depth. We actually have the depth now and refuse to use them unless an injury comes about. If you miss an assignment and your name isn't Revis or Cro in the secondary ... you should be removed. What do the bench players have to play for? They sit and watch guys mess up and they never get the chance to see if they can do better. This is why this team fails in the regular season. Guys aren't being held accountable the way they should be. Especially on defense ... Jimmy will always be out there no matter what ... Smith will always be out there no matter what they do ... Strickland apparently will never leave the field although we have Cole, Trufant and other DB's to use. Eric Smith and Jimmy don't need to play with any urgency ... Coughlin would never allow that, Bellichick would never allow that. Rex needs to tighten up the ship just a bit and let players know if they can't do the job then there's a guy behind them who will be given the chance to do it. Buddy Ryan would have never kept Eric Smith or Strickland in that game tonight ...

I still blame this on Shoddy. How can he seriously watch Greene pop off 6-8 yards a pop and then call passing plays. Even when he saw Sanchez struggling after the second qtr and still reverted back to the plan they had at the beginning of the year.

Shoddy is just incapable of calling 2 good games in row and seems at awe of Belli and Brady.

Rex is culpable only to the point of not forcing Shoddy to run and firing this idiot after last year's loss.

[QUOTE=jetvol1;4232107]I still blame this on Shoddy. How can he seriously watch Greene pop off 6-8 yards a pop and then call passing plays. Even when he saw Sanchez struggling after the second qtr and still reverted back to the plan they had at the beginning of the year.

Shoddy is just incapable of calling 2 good games in row and seems at awe of Belli and Brady.

Rex is culpable only to the point of not forcing Shoddy to run and firing this idiot after last year's loss.[/QUOTE]

Schotty blame can only go so far in a loss like last night. There's so much to go around that it is impossible to think Schotty was 100% to blame.

I frankly didn't think the playcalling was all that bad. I more blame Sanchez. His play last night was inexcuseable.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetvol1;4232107]I still blame this on Shoddy. How can he seriously watch Greene pop off 6-8 yards a pop and then call passing plays. Even when he saw Sanchez struggling after the second qtr and still reverted back to the plan they had at the beginning of the year.

[B]Rex is culpable only to the point of not forcing Shoddy to run and firing this idiot after last year's loss.[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with your points about Schotty - he called a terrible game, but Rex is culpable for a lot more than Schotty and the offensive playcalling. This entire team looked unprepared. How many times did the defense look confused out there. Belli & Brady were toying with them in the 2nd half. How many times were Pats receivers running free because the DBs didn't know the playcall. We had no answer for the no huddle -- we had seen it before from the Pats but did not seem to be prepared for it.

Offense sucked, defense sucked, Sanchez sucked, Schotty sucked, Pettine sucked -- I could go on and on. But this one needs to fall on Rex. When the entire team lays an egg, you have to laak at the guy in charge, and thats Rex.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4232114]Schotty blame can only go so far in a loss like last night. There's so much to go around that it is impossible to think Schotty was 100% to blame.

I frankly didn't think the playcalling was all that bad. I more blame Sanchez. His play last night was inexcuseable.[/QUOTE]

Play calling was horrible. With Greene poping of 4.7 ypc and LT and 5.2 why on second down at the 5 do you run two pass plays.

Buffalo was a one of shoddy's best games calling plays but he just can't put two in a row together.

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4232118]I agree with your points about Schotty - he called a terrible game, but Rex is culpable for a lot more than Schotty and the offensive playcalling. This entire team looked unprepared. How many times did the defense look confused out there. Belli & Brady were toying with them in the 2nd half. How many times were Pats receivers running free because the DBs didn't know the playcall. We had no answer for the no huddle -- we had seen it before from the Pats but did not seem to be prepared for it.

Offense sucked, defense sucked, Sanchez sucked, Schotty sucked, Pettine sucked -- I could go on and on. But this one needs to fall on Rex. When the entire team lays an egg, you have to laak at the guy in charge, and thats Rex.[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue but i think the offensive enept playcalling set the stage. Playing keep away from Brady is the only way we've ever found to beat him. Eventually he'll figure some way to start eating our D.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4232020]This is the worst loss of the Rex Ryan era. And we've had a few awful ones. But tonight was just so bad. Sanchez was so awful. Rex was so clearly outcoached. The gameplan was amateurish. The effort was entitled? [B] This is in my opinion easily the worst loss under Rex. [/B] The #1 seed in the AFC was there for the taking.

Not even close. For me, it was the D not showing up in the first half of last year's AFC Championship Game. Talk about a joke and not showing up.

In the 3rd quarter when the defense was dead tired from New Englands no huddle why didnt Rex call a timeout?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetvol1;4232134]Hard to argue but i think the offensive enept playcalling set the stage. Playing keep away from Brady is the only way we've ever found to beat him. Eventually he'll figure some way to start eating our D.[/QUOTE]

I think we agree more than we disagree. I am not defending Schotty. We had an opportunity down by 4 with the ball at midfield early in Q3 to establish the run, open up the play action and take control of the game. Instead, 3 straight incompletions and a punt. Everything spiraled out of control from there. I am not defending Schotty. I would like to see what our offense would look like with a different OC. But Rex is the guy in charge and there was a lot wrong beyond just Schotty.