Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regardless of what happens rest of the season, these two I don't want to see next yr

Regardless of what happens rest of the season, these two I don't want to see next yr

Brian Schottnheimer (obviously)

Eric Smith

Seriously, Eric Smith is not even an average NFL Safety. Jets will have the cap room and draft picks to upgrade.

All League
    You can probably add Hunter to that list too if you want

All League
    And Matt Mulligan and I am all in

Well, Safety is an area I really thought we should have upgraded right after Sherry left. For whatever reason, Tanny just probably couldn't fulfill all of the needs the team had. So it's a patience thing. I'm sure they'll get ot it at some point, hopefully next April.

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4232040]You can probably add Hunter to that list too if you want[/QUOTE]

lol

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4232043]Well, Safety is an area I really thought we should have upgraded right after Sherry left. For whatever reason, Tanny just probably couldn't fulfill all of the needs the team had. So it's a patience thing. I'm sure they'll get ot it at some point, hopefully next April.[/QUOTE]

Jets are lousy at the Safety position and the Pats offense is designed to destroy us at that weakness with the tight ends. Not a coincidence Belichick did that.

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4232040]You can probably add Hunter to that list too if you want[/QUOTE]

OMG, was he awful tonight. But what's worse is I don't think we get any better if we bring Ducasse in. He appears to be a bust.

I could add to that list, but those three (Sch*tty, Smith, and Mulligan) would suffice.

Eric Smith is going to be great vs Denver and a key partof our defense, but this guy is like Scott and Pace, can't cover anyone. He's usefulif used in the correct spots, but he's such a liability in coverage.

I don't want to see Schotty and Mulligan, both are terrible and complete wastes. I don't get how we dont take one ****ing deep shot against Molden, maybe they panic and you get a flag, gotta try it

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4232048]OMG, was he awful tonight. But what's worse is I don't think we get any better if we bring Ducasse in. He appears to be a bust.[/QUOTE]

Probably true but why not replace Mulligan with Ducasse? Let him get some limited game experience some run blocking, some pass blocking and see if you can get some improvement over the season.

[QUOTE=JetFreak89;4232057]Probably true but why not replace Mulligan with Ducasse? Let him get some limited game experience some run blocking, some pass blocking and see if you can get some improvement over the season.[/QUOTE]

But then if Ducasse lines up as the 6th blocker it's obviously a run. See Schotty is the master of deception.

[B]What a Schitty situation we are in.[/B]

All League
    [QUOTE=IM3;4232052]Eric Smith is going to be great vs Denver and a key partof our defense, but this guy is like Scott and Pace, can't cover anyone. He's usefulif used in the correct spots, but he's such a liability in coverage.

I don't want to see Schotty and Mulligan, both are terrible and complete wastes. I don't get how we dont take one ****ing deep shot against Molden, maybe they panic and you get a flag, gotta try it[/QUOTE]

Talk about being inconsistent! We took shots against BUF and they WORKED OUT! How do you not do it again playing against a guy who was probably working in the post office last year :steamin:

[QUOTE=JetFreak89;4232061]Talk about being inconsistent! We took shots against BUF and they WORKED OUT! How do you not do it again playing against a guy who was probably working in the post office last year :steamin:[/QUOTE]

[B]Because Schotty is the master of deception. You obviously aren't getting it.[/B]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetFreak89;4232061]Talk about being inconsistent! We took shots against BUF and they WORKED OUT![/QUOTE]

How many points did we score in the first half against the Bills defense that gave up 44 today?
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 11-14-2011 at 02:27 AM.

[QUOTE=IM3;4232052]Eric Smith is going to be great vs Denver and a key partof our defense, but this guy is like Scott and Pace, can't cover anyone. He's usefulif used in the correct spots, but he's such a liability in coverage.

I don't want to see Schotty and Mulligan, both are terrible and complete wastes. I don't get how we dont take one ****ing deep shot against Molden, maybe they panic and you get a flag, gotta try it[/QUOTE]

Smith is ok in run support and that will help against one-dimensional Teabag but he is such a liability against any QB who can throw the ball. Ditto for Leonhard. Smith only looked half-way decent in the playoffs last yr because he was covering fat-ass Jacob Tamme and Leonhard set our expectations so low for pass coverage from the Safety position.

Hindsight is 20/20 but we really should have gone after Otogwe when we had the chance. That and we should have also fired Scharty years ago.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4232048]OMG, was he awful tonight. But what's worse is I don't think we get any better if we bring Ducasse in. He appears to be a bust.[/QUOTE]

D-Brick was worse tonight. He was beaten badly by Andre Carter, and Brick is a damn good tackle. The Jets were just flat all night. It happens.

Smith got abused. No two ways about that.

I'm shocked the Jets didn't put up points against the rag tag Defense New England put out there. They were just flat tonight. Bad game almost all around. Revis played exceptional as always. But he was one of the lone bright spots.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4232036]Brian Schottnheimer (obviously)

Eric Smith

Seriously, Eric Smith is not even an average NFL Safety. Jets will have the cap room and draft picks to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

awful coaching ,,we came out hot and that was that just flat after thant....just awful adjustments...res and the staff take the blame for the scheme are guys were ready not the other way around....we should have been up 7 -0 right off the bat just plain bad play calling:steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4232036]Brian Schottnheimer (obviously)

Eric Smith

Seriously, Eric Smith is not even an average NFL Safety. Jets will have the cap room and draft picks to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I would add Kyle Wilson but I cant because he is so young and has shown flashes of upside..

2 fine choices are smith and shotty.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4232047]Jets are lousy at the Safety position and the Pats offense is designed to destroy us at that weakness with the tight ends. Not a coincidence Belichick did that.[/QUOTE]

whats funny both the losses for the pats was exposing the TE and we havent learned a thing due to our arrogance of the coaching staff...we dont adjust when we have to...thats the worst part..one of the best TE WR in the game and we dont adjust to help them just run slants and throw to 81 3 times a game..awful showing and if we do that thursday TEBOW and his Shi$$ty will have there way regardless.....we need to step our coaching...the players are there but what we do with them is up to the staff

[QUOTE=BigJet85;4232088]whats funny both the losses for the pats was exposing the TE and we havent learned a thing due to our arrogance of the coaching staff...we dont adjust when we have to...thats the worst part..one of the best TE WR in the game and we dont adjust to help them just run slants and throw to 81 3 times a game..awful showing and if we do that thursday TEBOW and his Shi$$ty will have there way regardless.....we need to step our coaching...the players are there but what we do with them is up to the staff[/QUOTE]

I'm done with Eric Smith. So done.

I've been watching this scrub get smoked by TE's and friggin Fullbacks week after week year after year and for some reason some Jets fans still like the guy for some reason. 6 years of watching Eric Smith get torched I've had enough already. He blows.

Leonhard sucks too and is even worse in coverage which is an accomplishment.