Thread: Buddy Ryan wouldn't have left Strickland and Smith out there

Buddy Ryan wouldn't have left Strickland and Smith out there

I bet the house Buddy would have given Cook and Cole a chance and see if they could do the job the other guys are doing. How Rex and Pettine could leave players out there who obviously aren't doing the job is beyond me. Rex needs to tighten this ship. Jets beat themselves today and usually when teams beat themselves that falls on the entire coaching staff. Truth hurts but this one falls on every single person in that locker room ... player and coach.

the problem is they're all 5'8, including Cook and Cole. Nobody on this roster other than Revis or Cro has a shot at covering Gronkowski with this BS pass rush

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4232093]the problem is they're all 5'8, including Cook and Cole. Nobody on this roster other than Revis or Cro has a shot at covering Gronkowski with this BS pass rush[/QUOTE]

dude you don't guard a guy like that 1 on 1 .... these guys still missed blown assignments especially Strickland. Strickland allowed Ocho to catch a 50 yard catch on a botched assignment. He also missed an assignment on Hernandez ... its not our fault that we have short guys guarding Gronk but its our fault we allowed some of these guys to be 1 on 1 with him. As for Eric Smith ... he played a terrible safety today ... forget 1 on 1 coverages he was awful in back end coverage.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4232091]I bet the house Buddy would have given Cook and Cole a chance and see if they could do the job the other guys are doing. How Rex and Pettine could leave players out there who obviously aren't doing the job is beyond me. Rex needs to tighten this ship. Jets beat themselves today and usually when teams beat themselves that falls on the entire coaching staff. Truth hurts but this one falls on every single person in that locker room ... player and coach.[/QUOTE]

Buddy Ryan would have put Schotty in the hospital already.;)

The offense, again couldn't score first and goal in the first quarter, and continued with the three and outs against the worst pass defense. Again, the offense turned over the bowl leading to 14 Pats points. A rare SP mistake by Westy putting McNight in to handle a punt return leading to more Pat points.

Yes the defense should have adjusted late in the game, but by that time the game was over. The offense couldn't do *hit against Pat defense.

The blame again goes to Schotty for this loss.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 11-14-2011 at 06:16 AM.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4232091]I bet the house Buddy would have given Cook and Cole a chance and see if they could do the job the other guys are doing. How Rex and Pettine could leave players out there who obviously aren't doing the job is beyond me. Rex needs to tighten this ship. Jets beat themselves today and usually when teams beat themselves that falls on the entire coaching staff. Truth hurts but this one falls on every single person in that locker room ... player and coach.[/QUOTE]

I would've been all for benching Mulligan, Smith, Strickland....

[QUOTE=2009fatman;4232098][B]Buddy Ryan would have put Schotty in the hospital already.;)[/B]

The offense, again couldn't score first and goal in the first quarter, and continued with the three and outs against the worst pass defense. Again, the offense turned over the bowl leading to 14 Pats points. A rare SP mistake by Westy putting McNight in to handle a punt return leading to more Pat points.

Yes the defense should have adjusted late in the game, but by that time the game was over. The offense couldn't do *hit against Pat defense.

The blame again goes to Schotty for this loss.[/QUOTE]

Hilarious and true!

Hall Of Fame
    Strickland and Smith weren't the problems. THE SCHEME WAS THE PROBLEM.

Hall Of Fame

agreed. I am surprised COLE does not get his chance to show what he has. The guy is intense and fast. Cook caught REX's eye and get little time on the field. SMITH must go!

Don't get the Smith hate. He is the SS. He's supposed to bring the wood and move into the box to stop the run. He is not supposed be a great cover guy. BTW, what S could cover Gronkowski?

Leonard, Rex's favorite player, is the problem. Great guy, smart, wonderful athlete, does not possess the size to be an NFL starting FS. Has anyone seen him up close and personal without his football equipment on. I dwarf him and I'm only 5'11". He should be returning punts and playing coverage special teams. He has overachieved to the detriment of the Jets D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4232886]Don't get the Smith hate. He is the SS. He's supposed to bring the wood and move into the box to stop the run. He is not supposed be a great cover guy. BTW, [B]what S could cover Gronkowski[/B]?

Leonard, Rex's favorite player, is the problem. Great guy, smart, wonderful athlete, does not possess the size to be an NFL starting FS. Has anyone seen him up close and personal without his football equipment on. I dwarf him and I'm only 5'11". He should be returning punts and playing coverage special teams. He has overachieved to the detriment of the Jets D.[/QUOTE]

Ronnie Lott in his prime?? :P

I'm going to say it, we did miss Brodney Poole out there

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4232886]Don't get the Smith hate. He is the SS. He's supposed to bring the wood and move into the box to stop the run. He is not supposed be a great cover guy. BTW, what S could cover Gronkowski?

Leonard, Rex's favorite player, is the problem. Great guy, smart, wonderful athlete, does not possess the size to be an NFL starting FS. Has anyone seen him up close and personal without his football equipment on. I dwarf him and I'm only 5'11". He should be returning punts and playing coverage special teams. He has overachieved to the detriment of the Jets D.[/QUOTE]

Here's my Smith hate: He is absolutely awful at safety. Rewatch the game.....most big plays and 3rd down conversions were tied directly to Smith not being able to cover ANYONE.

He is ALWAYS chasing someone with the ball, it's terrible. Decent at run stopping, and a good special teams player.......He completely washes that out by being slow as molasses and not being able to cover ANYONE on the field at the safety position.......He needs to be benched in favor of anyone else that can cover worth a lick back there (Pool)

I've had enough of him at safety, can't take him anymore.......Brady picked on him all game, and rightfully so

Strong safeties also need to cover so don't give me that
    Last edited by King Koopa; 11-14-2011 at 02:02 PM.

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;4232904]I'm going to say it, we did miss Brodney Poole out there[/QUOTE]

Too bad the coaches start Eric Smith over him because Smith can "lay the wood" on defenseless receivers

Pool is 100x the cover safety Smith is, has a knack for being a playmaker, and is also pretty solid at run support

It is maddening to me how the coaches cannot understand Pool/ Leonard is a way more effective combo

Hall Of Fame
    Who's Pettine?

Who the fck cares what Buddy Ryan would have done?

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4232935]Who the fck cares what Buddy Ryan would have done?[/QUOTE]

Buddy Ryan would have kicked Schottenheimers ass on the sidelines long ago. :D