Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A loss to Denver....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A loss to Denver....

and our season is pretty much over. I am not "the sky is falling" kind of fan but if we lose to Denver that will be our 5th conference loss. With a lot of teams bunched up we won't have any tie breakers.

We need to run the table to get to 12 wins. I'm not sure we get in with any less.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4232200]We need to run the table to get to 12 wins. I'm not sure we get in with any less.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately I do not see that happening. Maybe I am just a little shell shocked from last night but I have a bad feeling about the Denver game.

[QUOTE=petejet;4232203]I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately I do not see that happening. Maybe I am just a little shell shocked from last night but I have a bad feeling about the Denver game.[/QUOTE]

I agree and don't see us winning out, too. Like two years ago, we're going to need help. Eventually, Rex' luck is going to run out.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4232200]We need to run the table to get to 12 wins. I'm not sure we get in with any less.[/QUOTE]

huh? You don't think an 11 win team is getting to the playoffs in the AFC this year?

Jets are basically competing with the Bills and the two North runner ups for the two wild cards. Tennessee is still relevant but they are very average.

Rex did it with mirrors, and a ton of luck, for the first two years. Now, everyone is wise to him, and all the personnel weaknesses are being exposed. Hopefully, Rex learns something from this entire debacle .

The Jets won't lose to Denver. It's Tim Tebow for cripes sake.

[QUOTE=Santonio;4232217]huh? You don't think an 11 win team is getting to the playoffs in the AFC this year?

Jets are basically competing with the Bills and the two North runner ups for the two wild cards. Tennessee is still relevant but they are very average.[/QUOTE]

If teams play pretty much as they are now, no I don't. Won't matter anyway. We won't win 11.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4232231]The Jets won't lose to Denver. It's Tim Tebow for cripes sake.[/QUOTE]

The same Tim Tebow who just won two straight games.

[QUOTE=petejet;4232196]and our season is pretty much over. I am not "the sky is falling" kind of fan but if we lose to Denver that will be our 5th conference loss. With a lot of teams bunched up we won't have any tie breakers.[/QUOTE]

I think the season already is over. Last night was our chance to win the division... Finally.. '

Another wild card is exactly what it is, another wild card, NOT what we've been wanting for a very long time. That's the division title and a home playoff game or two.

Unfortunately, we still play b$tch to the Patsies in the AFCE. That was made painfully obvious last night.

We have much better talent than they have and it's been that way for a while now, yet it never translates on the field.

IMO, what this season shows us is that we are another mini rebuilding mode. We'll probably never even miss the playoffs. But we'll need to find another QB, probably a new OC, and several new role players.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]The Jets won't lose to Denver. It's Tim Tebow for cripes sake. [/QUOTE]

Raider, Chiefs and Dolphins say "hi".

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4232242]I think the season already is over. Last night was our chance to win the division... Finally.. '

Another wild card is exactly what it is, another wild card, NOT what we've been wanting for a very long time. That's the division title and a home playoff game or two.

Unfortunately, we still play b$tch to the Patsies in the AFCE. That was made painfully obvious last night.

We have much better talent than they have and it's been that way for a while now, yet it never translates on the field.

IMO, what this season shows us is that we are another mini rebuilding mode. We'll probably never even miss the playoffs. But we'll need to find another QB, probably a new OC, and several new role players.[/QUOTE]

it's not that it never translates on the field, it just doesn't happen when it may actually be expected.

Agree on us having better personnel, that's why we're all so freakin miserable today.

But we lost 45-3 last year and the season certainly didn't end, so i'm not folding up the tent yet. There's no point in quitting, football season only comes around once a year.

[QUOTE=Santonio;4232250]it's not that it never translates on the field, it just doesn't happen when it may actually be expected.

Agree on us having better personnel, that's why we're all so freakin miserable today.

But we lost 45-3 last year and the season certainly didn't end, so i'm not folding up the tent yet. There's no point in quitting, football season only comes around once a year.[/QUOTE]

OK, but WHEN will this team ever make things easier for themselves? I would say never with the team as it is currently put together. They've shown on more than one occasion now that when it is right there for the taking, the team folds up shop.

Making things easier on yourself means winning games like last night, so you can make a clear claim to the division title. So you can have a home playoff game or two, so you can potentially grab the home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the number 1 seed.

These are things that it seems will always elude the Jets. They lack the necessary discipline and determination when it matters most.

10 wins can get the Jets a wildcard. Other teams will be losing games as well.
    However, going 5-2 is not a piece of cake. A couple of games are not easy - Giants, Eagles. Denver is not a loss though.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4232287]10 wins can get the Jets a wildcard. Other teams will be losing games as well.
    However, going 5-2 is not a piece of cake. A couple of games are not easy - Giants, Eagles. Denver is not a loss though.[/QUOTE]

I think thats a stretch. The Ravens and Bengals both have 6 wins so we have to catch them. The Ravens hold the head to head tie breaker over us. Bengals have a better conference record. Its going to be tough. But who knows? Hell if the Seahawks can beat the Ravens then I suppose its possible for the pats to drop a couple more games. Not expecting it though.

[QUOTE=petejet;4232293]I think thats a stretch. The Ravens and Bengals both have 6 wins so we have to catch them. The Ravens hold the head to head tie breaker over us. Bengals have a better conference record. Its going to be tough. But who knows? Hell if the Seahawks can beat the Ravens then I suppose its possible for the pats to drop a couple more games. Not expecting it though.[/QUOTE]

Bengals and Ravens still have to play twice, plus Cincy has another game vs Pit and plays Houston.

11 wins should be enough to secure a wild-card berth. Pittsburgh or Baltimore will most likely secure the five seed so I expect it will come down to either the Jets or the Bengals for the last wild-card spot. The Jets are a game back but have the easier schedule. We could do with Cincinnati dropping their next two on the road to Pittsburgh and Baltimore whilst we take care of Den, BUF and Was.

Only other dangers are the Bills (who we can sweep at home), Titans (not that good) and the scrubs in the AFC West who are currently at 4-5 and to whom we control our own destiny in terms of head to head tiebreakers if we win on Thursday and at home to the Chiefs in week 14.

[QUOTE=petejet;4232196]and our season is pretty much over. I am not "the sky is falling" kind of fan but if we lose to Denver that will be our 5th conference loss. With a lot of teams bunched up we won't have any tie breakers.[/QUOTE]

Nah, to be honest they could lose to Denver and still run the table. Just look at the schedule. At 11-5, they are absolutely getting in the playoffs.

Either way, they aren't losing to Denver anyway... We match up perfectly against them. When the Jets know you are running, you are going to have a very difficult time doing it. You'll see Ellis up for this game and and the Jets have 6 guys on the DL that are just very good against the run.

Veteran
    Even if we win that game we still would not win the division. Look at the pats remaining schedule they will probably win out and we're talking about can we win 5 of the next seven to make a wild card. We would have had the division for a couple of weeks and then the pats would pass us right by.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4232249]Raider, Chiefs and Dolphins say "hi".[/QUOTE]

Raiders (at the time they played them) chiefs and dolphins all suck.