Thread: Why do we abandon our base offensive package?

Jets Insider VIP

Why do we abandon our base offensive package?

We seem to be very successful in our base offensive package. Sanchez under center, Greene and Connor in the backfield, Tone and Plax out wide and keller at te.

From this formation, we have been running well with Greene. We can kill teams with playaction out of this formation and also straight up pass with some good receiving threats(tone, plax, keller).

But we never stay in this package for more then 2 plays at most.

The minute LT comes in, we go to sh!t. LT in, then come 4 wides w/ sanchez in shotgun. Now if its 3rd and 8, ok, lets run this.

But we run this on 1st down, we run this on 2nd and 6 etc etc etc. We cannot pass block well from this formation. It leads to many sacks.

A great example was yesterday, in the 2nd quarter, we get the ball 1st and 10. We ran 2 plays out of the base formation and got a 1st down. Then we run w/ greene for 4 yards and its 2nd and 6. In comes LT, in comes the shotgun 4 wide package.

Why the hell would we take our base offense out when it just got us a 1st down and then another 4 yards to set up 2nd and 6?

if you want to throw there, why not keep Sanchez under center and run playaction.

We should be running 80% of our plays out of our base offensive package. Can someone tell me why we abandon this formation so often during the games?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4232266]We seem to be very successful in our base offensive package. Sanchez under center, Greene and Connor in the backfield, Tone and Plax out wide and keller at te.

From this formation, we have been running well with Greene. We can kill teams with playaction out of this formation and also straight up pass with some good receiving threats(tone, plax, keller).

The minute LT comes in, we go to sh!t. LT in, then come 4 wides w/ sanchez in shotgun. Now if its 3rd and 8, ok, lets run this.

But we run this on 1st down, we run this on 2nd and 6 etc etc etc. We cannot pass block well from this formation. It leads to many sacks.

A great example was yesterday, in the 2nd quarter, we get the ball 1st and 10. We ran 2 plays out of the base formation and got a 1st down. Then we run w/ greene for 4 yards and its 2nd and 6. In comes LT, in comes the shotgun 4 wide package.

Why the hell would we take our base offense out when it just got us a 1st down and then another 4 yards to set up 2nd and 6?

if you want to throw there, why not keep Sanchez under center and run playaction.

We should be running 80% of our plays out of our base offensive package. Can someone tell me why we abandon this formation so often during the games?[/QUOTE]

Schitty is an incompetent fool that makes the same mistakes over and over. The Jets moved the ball well in the first half...until....Scharty decides to kill 3 or 4 drives by unnecessarily going shotgun 4/5 wide on 1st or 2nd down resulting in sacks. How many fn' times do we have to watch this crap? Keep Mark UNDER CENTER, run the ball, and throw off playaction. It's so simple and Scharty doesn't get it. Total moron.

My favorite is when we go empty backfield. The defense immediately checks to a blitz and we get killed every single time...

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4232330]My favorite is when we go empty backfield. The defense immediately checks to a blitz and we get killed every single time...[/QUOTE]

that formation is the worst. i'd rather sanchez bootleg it in those formations. at least he wouldn't get sacked.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4232266]We seem to be very successful in our base offensive package. Sanchez under center, Greene and Connor in the backfield, Tone and Plax out wide and keller at te.

We should be running 80% of our plays out of our base offensive package. Can someone tell me why we abandon this formation so often during the games?[/QUOTE]

I have been yelling the same thing. Leave LT out of there. Get Greene more carries. Shotty has a crush on LT.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4232330]My favorite is when we go empty backfield. The defense immediately checks to a blitz and we get killed every single time...[/QUOTE]

Its so ****ing annoying

Its as if one thing works Schitty goes well its not going to work again, how about attacking the guy who came in for McCoruty deep the first play he is in. How about sticking with the same personell on the field for more than one play in a row. How about stop lining up Mulligan and Connor out wide, stop running one man play action routes. Sanchez deserves some of the blame but the OC is not putting him in the best position to succeed.

No reason Mulligan should see the field outside of goal line plays. NONE

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=IM3;4232341]
    No reason Mulligan should see the field outside of goal line plays. NONE[/QUOTE]

Matthew Mulligan - turning scrubs into Pro Bowlers since 2009

Veteran
    [QUOTE=IM3;4232341]Its so ****ing annoying

[B]Its as if one thing works Schitty goes well its not going to work again[/B], how about attacking the guy who came in for McCoruty deep the first play he is in. How about sticking with the same personell on the field for more than one play in a row. How about stop lining up Mulligan and Connor out wide, stop running one man play action routes. Sanchez deserves some of the blame but the OC is not putting him in the best position to succeed.

No reason Mulligan should see the field outside of goal line plays. NONE[/QUOTE]

His playcalling is random. There is no purpose to what he calls. He just picks plays off his sheet without any regards for the situation, what is working, and the defensive weaknesses. Scharty drives me nuts 14 games a year.

We have a good OC.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4232266]Why the hell would we take our base offense out when it just got us a 1st down and then another 4 yards to set up 2nd and 6?[/QUOTE]

Because our OC is a f*cking moron.

Jets Insider VIP

Agreed all around.

I'd understand this if we were still tinkering with the offense during Sanchez and Rex's 1st year. But that's over, we know his comfort zone, and we know what we're good at. I thought after the bills game and especially the mammoth opening drive, we'd gone back to basics. WLF :steamin:

I thought we kept Schotty cuz we're all in with Sanchez and we didn't want to complicate things with a new systemm..blabla?? :rolleyes:

Ground
    Pound
    Play action