Thread: Sanchez - a style problem

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez - a style problem

Drops too deep , pumps too many times, is unsure of his receivers , waits until after the wr breaks then throws (instead of throwing to a spot)- a lot of this is Schotty's fault , but the difference was the three turnovers (Two by Sanchez).

Unfortunately a lot of other qb's show the same faults - e.g. Flacco, but the Elite guys show none of these characteristics.:mad:

Almost forgot- why the deep drop if you don't throw deep?????
    Last edited by jetliner; 11-14-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: omission

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He blows. We need to get rid of him some how.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;4232306]He blows. We need to get rid of him some how.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the style issue is that he's TERRIBLE.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone think it's interesting that Baltimore has an under performing offense and they happen to be one of the few teams that use the exact same system as us?

After the season it's time to move on from this thing...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4232345]Anyone think it's interesting that Baltimore has an under performing offense and they happen to be one of the few teams that use the exact same system as us?

After the season it's time to move on from this thing...[/QUOTE]

what system?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4232374]what system?[/QUOTE]

The one based around young QB's who aren't very good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetliner;4232292]Drops too deep , pumps too many times, is unsure of his receivers , waits until after the wr breaks then throws (instead of throwing to a spot)- a lot of this is Schotty's fault , but the difference was the three turnovers (Two by Sanchez).

Unfortunately a lot of other qb's show the same faults - e.g. Flacco, but the Elite guys show none of these characteristics.:mad:

Almost forgot- why the deep drop if you don't throw deep?????[/QUOTE]

I saw a great old video of Bill Walsh coaching technigue to a youg Joe Montana. The drop back is like a dance.

On three steps you are almost always going to your first read. After all the play is designed so that your first read will be open and on a 3 step drop you are throwing to a spot. so unless their is a Defender on the spot or in front of the reciever, you trust your practice reps and you just throw it. If it is not open, you move to the second read and throw it to him or away.

On 5 step drops that ball is also supposed to come out on the 5th step to the primary reciever. Once again, Walsh stressed the plays are designed for the primary reciever to be open. You could, conceivable have more time to go through more progessions on a 5 step, but if the #3 is not open it is time to either throw it away or scramble with your eyes down field. Walsh taught that the pocket was not a safe place for the QB after the 3d read.

My question is why does it seem so rare that Sanchez takes a drop and once he hits his spot he fires to an open receiver. Is he simply afraid to throw the ball? Are the receivers covered? The jets passing game has absolutley no timing.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 11-14-2011 at 10:36 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetliner;4232292]pumps too many times [/QUOTE]

this has been driving me crazy all season long. he looks like a complete amateur out there with all that pumping. maybe im not paying attention, but i don't see any other QB's out there doing it as much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4232399]I saw a great old video of Bill Walsh coaching technigue to a youg Joe Montana. The drop back is like a dance.

On three steps you are almost always going to your first read. After all the play is designed so that your first read will be open and on a 3 step drop you are throwing to a spot. so unless their is a Defender on the spot or in front of the reciever, you trust your practice reps and you just throw it. If it is not open, you move to the second read and throw it to him or away.

On 7 steps drops that ball is also supposed to come out on the 7th step to the primary reciever. Once again, Walsh stressed the plays are designed for the primary reciever to be open. You could, conceivable have more time to go through more progessions on a 5 step, but if the #3 is not open it is time to either throw it away or scramble with your eyes down field. Walsh taught that the pocket was not a safe place for the QB after the 3d read.

My question is why does it seem so rare that Sanchez takes a drop and once he hits his spot he fires to an open receiver. Is he simply afraid to throw the ball? Are the receivers covered? The jets passing game has absolutley no timing.[/QUOTE]

Sonny I will it keep it simple for you:yes:

I knew Bill Walsh.
    He was a friend of mine.
    And trust me, Schotty is no Bill Walsh!!!:P

But your points are DEAD ON!!!!