Thread: Greene is not being used correctly

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene is not being used correctly

Why is it that we abandon the run with Greene when we get to the redzone? He was running really well last night, and we could have forced our will on that Dline. Shotty is a complete moron, like his father.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...the entire O is not being used correctly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;4232314]Why is it that we abandon the run with Greene when we get to the redzone? He was running really well last night, and we could have forced our will on that Dline. Shotty is a complete moron, like his father.[/QUOTE]

Well put... He is a moron...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We ran the ball 25 times last night as a team and that includes the couple of scrambles for Sanchez. Everytime Greene ran on first down, he came out. Why he didn't have 30 carries is beyond me. We had started to run the ball with some authority lately and it seemed like we abandoned it. I understand we had a great first drive with the passes but when will they ever give Greene a chance to actually get into a rhythm? Maybe then, and only then will we se that he can be a very capable back!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4232367]We ran the ball 25 times last night as a team and that includes the couple of scrambles for Sanchez. Everytime Greene ran on first down, he came out. [B][SIZE="5"]Why he didn't have 30 carries is beyond me. We had started to run the ball with some authority lately and it seemed like we abandoned it.[/SIZE][/B] I understand we had a great first drive with the passes but when will they ever give Greene a chance to actually get into a rhythm? Maybe then, and only then will we se that he can be a very capable back!![/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have not one, not one, not one offensive weapon/player being used correctly.

I just do not understand. I truly don't. But, you pointing this out, just hammers that point home.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;4232314][B]Why is it that we abandon the run with Greene when we get to the redzone?[/B] He was running really well last night, and we could have forced our will on that Dline. Shotty is a complete moron, like his father.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 1st and 10 2nd and 10 pass pass pass....run it mix it up and do some play action fake. How many times did we have a 5 WR set when it was obviousl we were passing?!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenSpleen;4232314]Why is it that we abandon the run with Greene when we get to the redzone? He was running really well last night, and we could have forced our will on that Dline. Shotty is a complete moron, like his father.[/QUOTE]

The problem with spawn of Shottenheimer is this:

Whenever snotty pulls Greene on 2nd or 3rd down for LT 97% of time that means pass. Every fing time it's pass. Half of the NFL is trying to trick the defense into not showing run or pass. Not our snotty...he brings LT in and than usually empties the backfield. What follows is a sack or hurry. Just re watch the game and it's crazy!!! Sanchez right now at this stage of his career needs that deception. Snotty takes that away from. If I know it's pass every time u think bellicheat knows it's pass?

Furthermore like you said above he does it every time on the goal line. Shonn Greene needs to be in the game on the goal line every fing 2nd down. You want to throw fine, you want to pass fine but lets try and not write on a notepad that says PASS and hold the sign up for every coach to see when we bring LT in.

OR

Please run LT more so we can build that deception back on second down.

snotty is just awful.

DJR44

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schott really believes that he needs empty backfields and 5 routes to be able to pass. You can get just as much yards and success with simple two-three man routes down the field. The empty stuff has been a problem since Schotty has gotten here. We work against Sanchez too much its like he is using Ask Madden.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because we were 2-3 including a lucky win over Dallas when we were throwing the ball all over the field. Why wouldn't you go back to that?

Frigging rediculous? Schotty has gotta go, he is just incompetent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of players being mis-used, why is Keller not a focal point of the offense? I have to admit to being jealous of Gronkowski, dude's a monster. Would be cool if we went into one game where Keller was the first read on some of the passing plays. When him and Sanchez are on the same page it's tough to defend.