Thread: Official Thread begging to get rid of Sanchez

Official Thread begging to get rid of Sanchez

Enough is enough. Really, it hasn't panned out.

The cap space is destroyed by this clown. He's surrounded by amazing talent and he can't do anything.

Excuses and passes are all he continually gets but for $17 million this year you gotta go.

Here's how it works:

The Jets cap space is destroyed by trying to accommodate how terrible Mark Sanchez is. Watching that game last night made it abundantly clear. Simply put, Brady would be near 4,000 yards now with the the talent the Jets have at Wideout, RB, and TE. Schottenheimer complicates everything by acting like Sanchez should be doing anything but throwing short slants and hooks to open up the running game. Moron comes out firing on the first drive and doesn't run it at all.

There's NO DOUBT the Jets' defensive personnel has suffered since they were 9-7 and 2 years ago. The running game, O-line, D-line, LB's, and defensive secondary talent levels have REGRESSED because of the $17 million Sanchez is eating of cap room right now on top of paying Holmes and Burress to make him look decent.

You can point at somebody's potential all you want, but at $17 million this year you either show up or GTFO.

The sickest thing is that they could've had Orton or Hasselbeck this past off-season and I have no doubt in my mind that either of them would have immediately improved this team.

Sanchez doesn't just look lost, even his completions are inaccurate, he looks straight up cowardly dancing around and pump faking.

You can't draft some kid with a questionable toolset (mediocre arm, short height) to begin with from No Worries Land on the West Coast and expect him to play in arguably the most mentally demanding division in the NFL (playing Belichick twice a year is horrendous). On top of that you can't come out and act like that's not Tom Brady out there. How do you not run the ball 30+ times to keep your D off the field and fresh? Greene was averaging nearly 6 yards a carry up until halfway through the 3rd quarter.............

If you need to see how the Jets should be using Sanchez, you simply had to have watched the Niners-Giants game yesterday. Alex Smith is NEVER put into position to have much of an impact on their game.

Rex really needs to put his foot down and DEMAND they get back to their 2009 style of football.

Then he needs to get on Tannenbaum's $@% about getting him a game-manager QB and possibly trade Sanchez to Carroll for a 7th round pick just to get him off the books.

Woody Johnson should be tearing Tannenbaum, Rex, and Schottenheimer apart today demanding to know why he's paying this cowardly inept QB $17 million of his family's fortune this year.

I beg you Jets Insiders, bump this thread for sticky. Let's show them we want to win a Super Bowl and we have no faith in this clown anymore!

cmon man

dump

Hall Of Fame
    Trade Revis and a first-round pick for Andrew Luck.

All Pro
    Sanchez has to work with another offensive mind before we run him out of town. My patience is running thin however with him.

and oh yea IBTD (in before the dump)

Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    cmon man.
    dump
    Oh Yeah, because it is so obvious LIsh$thead knows better.

I would not be in favor of cutting Sanchez. I've seen enough glimpses of success to simply not cut him. There's more to it than that.

I would like to see another blue chip QB gets drafted. Then, I would to see him thrown into the TC fray. Let Sanchez compete for the starting job with McElroy, and another blue chipper. Let the best man win. And if Sanchez fails, then you cut him.

But maybe putting his potential replecement right in front of him lights a fire under his A$$? It certainly couldn't hurt to try that.

That would be my solution.

I've not been the biggest fan of Sanchez since we got him, but I have been supportive and have held out hope that he would have progressed beyond where he is now. I don't know that we need to get rid of him, but better tailor the gameplan to work with the talents that he does have: he's pretty mobile, he has good ball-faking/play-action skills, and he can throw on the run.

1) Stop putting it on his shoulders to carry this team. It will never happen on a consistent basis. Sure, he has had some good games here and there, but you cannot continue to game plan on the off chance that he looks like he finally gets it.
    2) Run the ball. Run the ball. Run the ball.
    3) On the occasion you do pass, you do it with play action and getting him on the move. Quick slot or out passes.
    4) If you can establish that, and do it pretty effectively, that'll give you a chance for the home run ball once or twice a game.

Sanchez looks really small out there. He is easily confused (ok, only year 3...but c'mon). He tries to force the ball. He is not an accurate passer on most occasions.

However, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Rex & Co. better figure out how to make the most out of what they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I would not be in favor of cutting Sanchez. I've seen enough glimpses of success to simply not cut him. There's more to it than that.

I would like to see another blue chip QB gets drafted. Then, I would to see him thrown into the TC fray. Let Sanchez compete for the starting job with McElroy, and another blue chipper. Let the best man win. And if Sanchez fails, then you cut him.

But maybe putting his potential replecement right in front of him lights a fire under his A$$? It certainly couldn't hurt to try that.

My solution is wouldn't be to cut him until after this season. His cap hit next year is fairly large as well.

But he is not more than a game manager.

The goal is to win a Super Bowl, not make the playoffs.

History dictates Sanchez is not going to win a Super Bowl. Every QB since 2000 who has won a Super Bowl, with the exception of Dilfer in 2000 and Brad Johnson is easily a top 10 QB.

Sanchez is not that and I don't see him turning into that.

At the end of this season, you can draft whoever you want, but somebody like Orton will not cost you games.

And look at Orton's numbers two years ago with WORSE personnel at the skill positions than the Jets have:You tell me:

What are the odds of Sanchez having a 62% completion percentage next year?

Perhaps the biggest issue is that even on completions, Sanchez is generally inaccurate. I see no indication he can handle the East Coast and how things work here.

Unhappy

I agree with you Mainejet. But the Jets need a dominant defensive front. Pass rush is non existent. Also Schotty has to go. I gave him credit for the Buffalo game but that was probably his best game since he's been here. The Jets have some work to do personnel wise. Our safety's are too slow. Also LB play has fallen off. Last night was the first time in the thirty years I left before the game ended. I now believe I will never see the Jets in another SB let alone win one.

Oh Yeah, because it is so obvious LIsh$thead knows better.
    your personal attack has not been reported.

but you are pushing it.