Thread: Have You Ever Saved a Life?

Have You Ever Saved a Life?

Other than doctors, firemen and cops not many of us ever get to save a life. I had the chance once and got lucky. I went to the coney island aquarium one day when my kids were little. I went in to see big seal/killer whale show in the grandstands that had just started with just my two year old and wife waited outside with newborn.

Anyhow go up to grandstand and sat on rail in first row, nobody was sitting in that row as most people were in second row with feet on first row as rail kinda blocked view. Anyhow right after I sit down I noticed behind me a bit to left a mother with a few kids is not paying attention to her two year old. She is standing up on bench leaning forward and just as I turn to stay something she goes head first over rail and is going to a certain death to the concrete below. Time went to a standstill as I was holding my two year old and Mom was too far to reach and she was looking in shock. I let the girls head and shoulders pass me on purpose as I only had one chance and I had to grab her clean or she could pull me over too. So I let go of my kid, reach both arms out brace my knees against rail and do a clean grab of her right above hips put her back up and deposit her back to mother who is in shock. Then I reach back and grab my kid. I left right away as I only came up there to catch a minute of show and wife was waiting downstairs. Women never even had a chance to thank me as she was in shock. Funny thing was I had just sat down and I don't think women even saw me squeeze in last minute. Felt good to catch the kids and the rush lasted for hours. I wonder if cops,firemen and doctors get same rush. I did CPR on one guy and pulled another as a car was going to hit him. But both times who knows, maybe I helped maybe I did not. But the little girl was a clean catch.

Anyhow of you have good stories about saving a life?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4232420]Other than doctors, firemen and cops not many of us ever get to save a life. I had the chance once and got lucky. I went to the coney island aquarium one day when my kids were little. I went in to see big seal/killer whale show in the grandstands that had just started with just my two year old and wife waited outside with newborn.

Anyhow go up to grandstand and sat on rail in first row, nobody was sitting in that row as most people were in second row with feet on first row as rail kinda blocked view. Anyhow right after I sit down I noticed behind me a bit to left a mother with a few kids is not paying attention to her two year old. She is standing up on bench leaning forward and just as I turn to stay something she goes head first over rail and is going to a certain death to the concrete below. Time went to a standstill as I was holding my two year old and Mom was too far to reach and she was looking in shock. I let the girls head and shoulders pass me on purpose as I only had one chance and I had to grab her clean or she could pull me over too. So I let go of my kid, reach both arms out brace my knees against rail and do a clean grab of her right above hips put her back up and deposit her back to mother who is in shock. Then I reach back and grab my kid. I left right away as I only came up there to catch a minute of show and wife was waiting downstairs. Women never even had a chance to thank me as she was in shock. Funny thing was I had just sat down and I don't think women even saw me squeeze in last minute. Felt good to catch the kids and the rush lasted for hours. I wonder if cops,firemen and doctors get same rush. I did CPR on one guy and pulled another as a car was going to hit him. But both times who knows, maybe I helped maybe I did not. But the little girl was a clean catch.

Anyhow of you have good stories about saving a life?[/QUOTE]

I killed a $hit eating dog near a PATS* fan.

i talked a kid out of becoming a CPA.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4232420]Other than doctors, firemen and cops not many of us ever get to save a life. I had the chance once and got lucky. I went to the coney island aquarium one day when my kids were little. I went in to see big seal/killer whale show in the grandstands that had just started with just my two year old and wife waited outside with newborn.

Anyhow of you have good stories about saving a life?[/QUOTE]

This should be made into a movie.

More like a short film I guess.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4232455]This should be made into a movie.

More like a [B]short[/B] film I guess.[/QUOTE]

Starring Stokes? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Was there an awkward silence after she asked "How can I ever thank you"?

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2;4232445]i talked a kid out of becoming a CPA.[/QUOTE]

well done sir.:yes:

[QUOTE=FF2;4232445]i talked a kid out of becoming a CPA.[/QUOTE]

I want to thank you for that.

Jets Insider VIP
    No but I have been saved from drowning on 3 separate occasions in my life.
    Maybe you could ask those 3 people :P

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4232464]Was there an awkward silence after she asked "How can I ever thank you"?[/QUOTE]

lmao...

"i was thinking B.J." :D

Driving home late from college with my roomate, I was going about 50mph just north of the Tapan Zee. Heavy volume but not traffic.

The straps on the log truck in front of me broke. The logs probably were 8ft in length maybe a foot wide. The first log bounced off the highway and was about eye level to me. We could see the the log spinning, like a spiralling football, as it approached the windshield.

Without looking I swerved into the left lane and avoided the log and any cars that were in that lane.

Does that count?

I've saved my own life plenty of times.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4232685]I've saved my own life plenty of times.[/QUOTE]

in college, pulling the trigger after many a long night of drinking/substance abuse...

i'm my own ****ing hero :yes:

I save my own every day.

All Pro
    I saved millions of lives.

I ghostwrote a college paper that kept an athlete from flunking a course.
    Because he didn't fail he stayed in school and also on an Olympic team.
    Because he stayed on the Olympic team as one of its linchpins, he beat a vaunted Soviet squad.
    Because the Soviets lost, that set the collapse of the Evil Empire in motion.

Try 'n top that!

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4233154]I saved millions of lives.

I ghostwrote a college paper that kept an athlete from flunking a course.
    Because he didn't fail he stayed in school and also on an Olympic team.
    Because he stayed on the Olympic team as one of its linchpins, he beat a vaunted Soviet squad.
    Because the Soviets lost, that set the collapse of the Evil Empire in motion.

Try 'n top that![/QUOTE]

My uncle adam did some chick named eve and now all you sobs owe me.