Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greene/LT average 5.0 yards per carry...only 20 carries?

Jets Insider VIP

Greene/LT average 5.0 yards per carry...only 20 carries?

Why is there such a lack of commitment to the run, even when it's successful?

Greene averaged 4.7 yards on only 13 carries....and his long was 8. It's not like his average is being inflated by one single 40 yard run.

Sanchez throws for 306 yards?

I think the story of this game is simply...

1. No points on opening drive into redzone.
    2. Fumble by McKnight
    3. Two tipped/deflected passes for interceptions

Dat's it! You can't overcome those mistakes against even a mediocre Pats team when they still have Tom Brady. Patriots had 0 turnovers, Jets had 3. Not gonna win like that.

BUT STILL, only 13 carries for Greene? :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    [SIZE="1"]I posted this in the hamper, didn't I?[/SIZE]

:O

Football talk...teh hampur haz it.

When the Jets first offensive play was a pass I knew the they would lose. All they had to do was run, how stupid can Rex be?:huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4232439]Football talk...teh hampur haz it.[/QUOTE]

"best forum in the league, s--- my d---!"

You bring this vile into the hampur??

At least make it hi-ku form.

Shonn Greene
    Average 8 yards
    Brian Shottenheimer

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4232450]"best forum in the league, s--- my d---!"[/QUOTE]

why is no one talking about horizontal chop blocks? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4232433][SIZE="1"]I posted this in the hamper, didn't I?[/SIZE]

:O[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4232452]You bring this vile into the hampur??

At least make it hi-ku form.

Shonn Greene
    Average 8 yards
    Brian Shottenheimer[/QUOTE]

LMAO :D

It's tough to keep running the ball when you're down 2 scores. What did you want them to do keep running the ball down 2 scores in the 4th? I thought we were SUPPOSED to pass against the worst secondary in the league? Stupid Schotty should have known this board changed there mind and we were supposed to run last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4232511]It's tough to keep running the ball when you're down 2 scores. What did you want them to do keep running the ball down 2 scores in the 4th? I thought we were SUPPOSED to pass against the worst secondary in the league? Stupid Schotty should have known this board changed there mind and we were supposed to run last night.[/QUOTE]

You do what's working. Running was working.

If the other team's QB is a hall of famer in his prime, more important than matching up with their defensive weaknesses is keeping him off the field.

FROM THE FIRST SNAP AND SUBSEQUENT PASS-PASS-PASS FIRST DRIVE I KNEW WE WERE IN TROUBLE.

Run the effing ball 50% of the time or GTFO.

Running the ball keeps Brady off the field and eats up clock.

The game was sealed in that very drive:

How do you call a pass play on 2nd and 6 from the 6????

Are they probably expecting a run? Sure, but even if you gain 2 yards, you can at least run a play action on 3rd and 4 from the 4..............

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4232520]You do what's working. Running was working.[/QUOTE]

We couldn't run in the 4th quarter because of the score.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4232520]You do what's working. Running was working.[/QUOTE]It didn't first game. We learned then that we have to take advantage of the Pats' secondary. We didn't try first time, and this time we didn't perform. You beat the Pats through the air.

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4232541]It didn't first game. We learned then that we have to take advantage of the Pats' secondary. We didn't try first time, and this time we didn't perform. You beat the Pats through the air.[/QUOTE]

You can't have an advantage over any secondary when your QB is Sanchez.

This falsity must stop being prolonged.

You win games because you limit his opportunities to mess up. Relying on him for more than that is hella dumb.

That's typical Schotty though.... He isn't capable of just running it every play. He is so committed to a balanced offense that he can't just take what's working and run every play until they prove they can stop it.

And that goes for passing too. Even if it's clear that passing the ball is going to work, he can't just embrace that idea and go with it.

jetsteam thinks of good post
    in hampur jetsteam thread
    have more attention
    oh no
    alas
    what happened?
    jetstream move thread
    thread on landing strip
    no one read thread here

The Patriots have the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL. Passing was not a bad idea.

Veteran
    I like how in the beginning of the game we were getting 6 yards a clip running. 2nd and 4 after a 6 yard run we empty the backfield to have 5 recievers run 4 yard routes.

Every time we emptied the backfield they simply rushed the passer and got there way to quick. Mulligan had a horrible game, and so did Moore and Dbrick.

Still when your running like that you set up the pass with play action not empty the backfield and let them t off on the qb.

All League
    This is what struck me too. It seemed they were getting back to ground and pound the last 3 weeks, then they came out throwing this week?? Yes they moved the ball, but ended up stalling on the opening drive, and momentum and turnovers took over for the rest of the half which washed it out.

They would often have an effective run and pull Greene out after that run. Another attacking style I did not agree with, nor get. The one drive they didn't do that was when Sanchez fired a ball off Greene's face mask and the ball got tipped and intercepted. Then we never saw them gash the Pats with the run for the rest of the game. They were reluctant to leave Greene in for multiple plays or a drive, because of that one play. This is were the offense has no consistency, what so ever. Once again the Jets offense showed it is lost.

Greene is not a new age hybrid running back, and he shouldn't be asked to be one. Give him the ball 20-25 times a game and let him pound. Go look at the stats when we do that. It equates to a pretty good winning percentage. He is capable of blocking in pass protection.

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4233022]This is what struck me too. It seemed they were getting back to ground and pound the last 3 weeks, then they came out throwing this week?? Yes they moved the ball, but ended up stalling on the opening drive, and momentum and turnovers took over for the rest of the half which washed it out.

They would often have an effective run and pull Greene out after that run. Another attacking style I did not agree with, nor get. The one drive they didn't do that was when Sanchez fired a ball off Greene's face mask and the ball got tipped and intercepted. Then we never saw them gash the Pats with the run for the rest of the game. They were reluctant to leave Greene in for multiple plays or a drive, because of that one play. This is were the offense has no consistency, what so ever. Once again the Jets offense showed it is lost.

Greene is not a new age hybrid running back, and he shouldn't be asked to be one. Give him the ball 20-25 times a game and let him pound. Go look at the stats when we do that. It equates to a pretty good winning percentage. He is capable of blocking in pass protection.[/QUOTE]

Teams that run the ball a lot usually win games, but that's not why they win. They run in the 4th quarter BECAUSE they're winning which increases there run totals. We were down two scores when we finally got the ball back with 8 minutes or so left in the fourth quarter.

Did you want to go out and ground and pound at that point?