Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-4 and $10 million under the cap.

5-4 and $10 million under the cap.

This team failed to bring in the players needed to win.

Pass rusher- Give Brady all that time he will kill you.
    Blocking TE
    Safety
    Legit Back-up QB- If we had one Sanchez could have been pulled last night.

Look, we've been through this, having the $$ is great, but having the talent available is the issue.

Who would you sign to rush the passer that's available or who was available?

Blocking tight end, did you want Hartsock back??

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4232723]This team failed to bring in the players needed to win.

Blocking TE
    Safety
    Legit Back-up QB- If we had one Sanchez could have been pulled last night.[/QUOTE]

Pass Rusher - Yes
    Blocking TE - Sure
    Safety - Definitely
    Legit Backup QB - Sure. but not for the reason you provided....we need one for insurance in the event of an injury.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4232740]Pass Rusher - Yes
    Blocking TE - Sure
    Safety - Definitely
    Legit Backup QB - Sure. but not for the reason you provided....we need one for insurance in the event of an injury.[/QUOTE]

Agree but pulling Sanchez last night and sitting him down might help his development. Brunell is a taking up a roster spot thats it hes done as a player.

Hall Of Fame

Blocking TE
    Safety
    Legit Back-up QB- If we had one Sanchez could have been pulled last night.[/QUOTE]

I think the lack of a viable back up QB is interesting. I do not think this coaching wants a viable back up QB on this team because they dont want to have any sort of QB controversy, or have another QB that can remotely be considered a starter in any way shape or form. Unfortunately the only QB who would not be considered a threat to Sanchez would be a 41 year old "coach". Any other younger more experienced QB would be serious competition for Sanchez right now, and I dont think the Jets want to have to deal with a QB controversy or have to worry about Sanchez's psyche.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4232757]I think the lack of a viable back up QB is interesting. I do not think this coaching wants a viable back up QB on this team because they dont want to have any sort of QB controversy, or have another QB that can remotely be considered a starter in any way shape or form. Unfortunately the only QB who would not be considered a threat to Sanchez would be a 41 year old "coach". Any other younger more experienced QB would be serious competition for Sanchez right now, and I dont think the Jets want to have to deal with a QB controversy or have to worry about Sanchez's psyche.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

All League
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4232733]Look, we've been through this, having the $$ is great, but having the talent available is the issue.

Who would you sign to rush the passer that's available or who was available?

Blocking tight end, did you want Hartsock back??[/QUOTE]
    plaxico sucks. the jets had the space to bring back edwards, but they cheaped out. they were willing to commit 25 million to 2 cb's, but not 15-20 million for good wr's sanchez is experienced with? and yes, i think hartsock is much better than matt the turnstile mulligan.

edit: as far as pass rusher, i agree with you.

Blocking TE
    Safety

How about the OL?

I yelled it all off-season:

Should've signed Hasselbeck.

We'd be even further under the cap if Dirty wasn't a $17 million hit this year (which is absolutely absurd).

All League
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4233106]I yelled it all off-season:

Should've signed Hasselbeck.

[B]We'd be even further under the cap if Dirty wasn't a $17 million hit this year (which is absolutely absurd).[/B][/QUOTE]

Mangus is that you?

All League
    I would have brought in Brandon Manumaleuna if we were so dead set on using a blocking tight end so much. Once regarded as one of the best at that skill

All Pro

Blocking TE
    Safety

What great pass rusher or safety did they pass on?

Fair enough, they need help at both positions, but who should they have brought in?

[QUOTE=chirorob;4233165]What great pass rusher or safety did they pass on?

Fair enough, they need help at both positions, but who should they have brought in?[/QUOTE]

Taylor Mays could have helped us at Safety.

All League
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4233197]Taylor Mays could have helped us at Safety.[/QUOTE]

No, he couldn't have

He's Eric Smith 2.0

All League

Blocking TE
    Safety

You forgot deep threat.
    - Plexico is starting to work, but he has never been and will never be a deep threat like Edwards was.
    - Holmes - very fast, but more of a slasher than an over the top guy
    - Kerley - good pick, but slot guy
    Other than that, the Jets have NOTHING at WR that is a threat to do anything but injure their kidney

Edwards Salary - $3.5m would have been doable under the cap. I am sure there are other guys that could have been brought in.

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4233204]No, he couldn't have

He's Eric Smith 2.0[/QUOTE]

No hes not. STOP

All League
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4233218]No hes not. STOP[/QUOTE]

He can't cover anyone. He's the same safety we want to bounce here. He plays up at the line but ask him to cover anyone and he's lost.

There's a reason why he was cut from the 49ers and is a bench/special teams player for the Bengals

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Zombo;4232889]plaxico sucks. the jets had the space to bring back edwards, but they cheaped out. they were willing to commit 25 million to 2 cb's, but not 15-20 million for good wr's sanchez is experienced with? and yes, i think hartsock is much better than matt the turnstile mulligan.

edit: as far as pass rusher, i agree with you.[/QUOTE]

If you think plax sucks, how do you feel about Holmes?

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4233209]You forgot deep threat.
    - Plexico is starting to work, but he has never been and will never be a deep threat like Edwards was.
    Other than that, the Jets have NOTHING at WR that is a threat to do anything but injure their kidney

Edwards Salary - $3.5m would have been doable under the cap. I am sure there are other guys that could have been brought in.[/QUOTE]

Deep threat is play calling. Holmes Plax and Kerley can all stretch the field.

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4233209]You forgot deep threat.

Edwards Salary - $3.5m would have been doable under the cap. I am sure there are other guys that could have been brought in.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting to mention one very important point here....Edwards was not offering the Jets his services at ANYWHERE near what he ended up taking in the end. Prior to the point where the Jets signed Burress he was delusional :steamin: I agree we would have liked him back but until he basically found out what he was really worth he priced himself off our team.