Thread: All is not lost

All is not lost

I'm trying to look at it from other fan's persepctives. You think Ravens fans are pleased with their 3rd flop of the season? Eagles fans are basically in riot/FIRE EVERYBODY mode. The Bills have looked like the Colts the last two weeks. The Giants have to be wondering if they can even hang onto their division lead with their upcoming brutal stretch. The Bengals just realized they have a rookie QB. The AFC West is so awful the Broncos are back in the race. The Steelers have underwhelmed almost all year. The Pats problems did not go away last night just because we played a terrible game. Every AFC team has flaws and more importantly, 3 losses. This is the worst the AFC has been since the late 80s. The Packers are going to be double digit favorites over whoever we send.

Hard to believe the team we saw last night could make a run to the SB, but it's been far bleaker under Rex. Just have to make it into the playoffs and get hot, same formula as last two years.

The division may be gone, but there's plenty of reason for optimism because there just aren't great teams in the AFC. True, Houston's D has done a complete 180, but I've seen Rex coach circles around Kubiak before.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ravens are really a strange team. When you have a Ray Rice you need to use him. They could beat the best, and lose to the worst.

yeah, road playoff games mean I can use my new basement bar with 3 HDTV's.... not, wanted that one last night in the worst way... just think of the playoff tailgate.....

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4232967]Ravens are really a strange team. When you have a Ray Rice you need to use him. They could beat the best, and lose to the worst.[/QUOTE]

Yep. They are capable of a stinker on any given week. Not that we aren't but I just don't know who I am supposed to fear in the AFC right now. The Texans are much improved, but they would be a pretty weak 1 seed in my opinion given their inexperience and coaching

All is not lost. I believe this team will make the playoffs as a wild card, again.

didnt you start a thread last night saying this loss was a "franchise destroyer"?

:huh::huh:

there's 3 phases of a season in football. The preseason, regular season, and a post season. Last I saw, were at the halfway mark of the regular season. It has no impact other than home field advantage in the post season. So regardless of how this season ends, the slate is clean going into the post season. Sorry, but it's not time to panic yet.

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;4233210]there's 3 phases of a season in football. The preseason, regular season, and a post season. Last I saw, were at the halfway mark of the regular season. It has no impact other than home field advantage in the post season. So regardless of how this season ends, the slate is clean going into the post season. Sorry, but it's not time to panic yet.[/QUOTE]

Getting a bye or a home field game really helps the cause. The biggest concern to me is not the implications of a disappointment in not winning the div. The concern is that we played the Pats at home, in a huge game and the fact that the Pats have a friggin awful defense and we did not beat them when many things were going our way.

What the loss says to me along with the way this team has played the last few years is they have a very very tough time playing really well for 4 games or so in a row. The number they will need to win the super bowl.

You know having a day to digest the disaster last night...there were a lot of weird things last night in that game

Holmes falls down when he had a clear td on the first drive
    Folk misses a chip shot fg
    Wilson drops a pick on the 1st drive,the Jets drop 3 as well
    Maybin hits Brady in the back and doesn't bring him down
    Brady then looks like Randall Cunnigham running around
    Andre Carter who most people probably don't know is in the league anymore had 4 and a half sacks
    Sanchez having a brain fart and calling timeout at the end of the half

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4233220]Getting a bye or a home field game really helps the cause. The biggest concern to me is not the implications of a disappointment in not winning the div. The concern is that we played the Pats at home, in a huge game and the fact that the Pats have a friggin awful defense and we did not beat them when many things were going our way.

What the loss says to me along with the way this team has played the last few years is they have a very very tough time playing really well for 4 games or so in a row. The number they will need to win the super bowl.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the last paragraph. I'm not sure we can put 4 good games together in a row. But I'm not so sure any of the other AFC teams can either.

All League
    i think that for marks next "jets west" he should bring someone in to help him with reading defenses and setting up audibles. last night just brought that to light for me... the kid has been playing more scared than confident this year and it shows... :yes: