Thread: Sanchez is not ready but we should trust him.

Practice Squad

Sanchez is not ready but we should trust him.

Ok so the guy makes some bad mistakes here and there but he will learn from them

I take you back to the 2006/2007 Draft when SF took Alex Smith in the first round ahead of Rogers.
    Alex had a hell of a time admittedly behind a weaker line, but SF fans thought he was a bust. Rogers took a few years on the bench but when he came into the team he made mistakes.
    I watched Alex all through his career at Utah and i knew they has a star as i did with our very own Pouha, it took him a few years but he is looking much better now.

My point is even though these guys has polar opposite starts to their seasons, they have really come good these last few seasons. Sanchez in our Franchise QB and i think its a case of sticking it out untill the end. His throws were pretty disgusting yesterday but a few of them were money. If he fails in his 5th season i would expect a change but for now im happy with him.
    He is not the one guarenteeing a superbowl.

Sanchez is not great. But with the right coaching, and maybe a head coach who gives a crap about offense, Sanchez can be a Phil Simms.

All Pro
    Sanchez could go play hopscotch off of a cliff right now for all I care. I'm tired of defending the guy only for him to sh*t the bed when the chips are on the line.

But putting my anger aside, I would like to see him work with another offensive mind before we run him out of town. We have too much invested in him to cut ties with him right now, so let's see if a new OC can get something out of him.

No we shouldn't trust him because he'll never be ready.

Over the past 20 years 75% of Super Bowl winners had either elite, Pro Bowl, or Hall of Fame QB's.

He will never be Hall of Fame or elite. He's too skittish.

You watch young QB's develop and at a certain point in time, you can see the game slow down around them or at least you get this crazy outlier with like 3 TDs and 400 yards and a 70 or 80% completion percentage as a "flash" of what the guy will do.

You don't waste time developing game managers.

The Jets are doing that now.

Sanchez needs a new start with a new OC. An OC who will get this guy to play every down ,every game on an even keel. Sanchez plays for the New York Jets not the Cincinnnati Bengals. He has 1 more year and then he could be an ex- Jet.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4233101]No we shouldn't trust him because he'll never be ready.

Over the past 20 years 75% of Super Bowl winners had either elite, Pro Bowl, or Hall of Fame QB's.

He will never be Hall of Fame or elite. He's too skittish.

You watch young QB's develop and at a certain point in time, you can see the game slow down around them or at least you get this crazy outlier with like 3 TDs and 400 yards and a 70 or 80% completion percentage as a "flash" of what the guy will do.

You don't waste time developing game managers.

The Jets are doing that now.[/QUOTE]

But Sanchez has had games where he looks like a Pro. He didnt even have a full career in college, i think it will take another 2 seasons befor he develops fully. In the playoffs he has been superb and in some Regular season games he has been amazing. Alex Smith made tons of mistakes in his first two seasons, then he was replaced by a back up but, look at him now.
    Its could be worse Sanchez could have been a Vince Young, Tim Tebow or Jamarcus Russell.

Sanchez is FAR from perfect. But he's a Bit of a gamer at times. If this Defense could ever get of the field versus Brady, then Sanchez would have a chance to win some more games. The Defense can't make the stop when it's needed most. But it's a team effort. Sanchez Has to STOP turning the ball over.

i still don't understand why every single thing that goes wrong with the passing game is sanchez's fault. greene can't catch, that sanchez's fault. keller runs a wrong route, that's sanchez's fault too. holmes misses an audible, blame sanchez. the o-line misses yet another blitz pickup - let's blame the qb. mulligan gets toasted. not his fault - blame the qb. LT drops one, blame sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    who else do we have?

[QUOTE=lolepop;4233299]who else do we have?[/QUOTE]

Next year, we're the Jets!!!!!!