Thread: Sanchez - Aerial Photos of Defenses

Sanchez - Aerial Photos of Defenses

Can someone explain to me why virtually every QB in this league looks at the aerial pictures the coaching staff gets of the defensive looks the opposing teams are using....and somehow, inexplicably, I have never seen Sanchez once reviewing these on the sidelines during the games...I get he's been in the league a grand total of 2 1/2 years and has seen every defensive scheme imaginable .......but yet Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers all seem to find these pictures extremely useful in trying to dissect a defense....however, we as fans are left watching our QB sitting on the bench with a baseball hat on eating a hot dog, looking dazed or simply wandering the sidelines aimlessly.....

lol, this is getting ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Can someone explain to me why virtually every QB in this league looks at the aerial pictures the coaching staff gets of the defensive looks the opposing teams are using....and somehow, inexplicably, I have never seen Sanchez once reviewing these on the sidelines during the games...I get he's been in the league a grand total of 2 1/2 years and has seen every defensive scheme imaginable .......but yet Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers all seem to find these pictures extremely useful in trying to dissect a defense....however, we as fans are left watching our QB sitting on the bench with a baseball hat on eating a hot dog, looking dazed or simply wandering the sidelines aimlessly.....
    LOL... good point.. I see this as a coaching opportunity, what the hell is our QB coach doing when the defense is on the field?! Its on him to get those shots, and go over them with Sanchez.. Even Schotty should be involved in this.. What the hell is Shotty doing when the defense is on the field? Shouldn't he or someone be coaching up Sanchez???

Its not like Sanchez was confused because of their coverage last night. Looking at pictures would not have done anything. The mistakes in the passing game yesterday were few. Holmes didn't hear an audible, Keller ran a wrong route, Green dropped a pass, and Sanchez took 3-4 stupid sacks (rather than throwing it the ball away). The Jets were moving the ball with ease both on the ground and through the air. Stupid mistakes gave the Pats life. It was a bad day, **** happens. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Its not like Sanchez was confused because of their coverage last night. Looking at pictures would not have done anything. The mistakes in the passing game yesterday were few. Holmes didn't hear an audible, Keller ran a wrong route, Green dropped a pass, and Sanchez took 3-4 stupid sacks (rather than throwing it the ball away). The Jets were moving the ball with ease both on the ground and through the air. Stupid mistakes gave the Pats life. It was a bad day, **** happens. It sucks.
    Good Post!

Because it's impossible to fix a guy via photos who is incapable of getting past his second progression or making an accurate throw..........

Schitty is to busy devising a game plan while the game is going on.

Hall Of Fame
    Im not sure but I think the original poster was talking about more than just this game. I almost never see anyone coaching Sanchez up when the defense is on the field.. Why?

The same could be said about the Jets.

The snap Brady wasn't ready for.
    The safety - Brady should have thrown the ball away.
    The ball right in Gronk's arms and dropped.
    The too many men in the huddle
    The shot hopped balls to an open Welker
    Gronk stepping out of bounds
    Chad stepping out of bounds
    Ihedigbo and Mccourtey colliding on the tackle

In other words, the list of mistakes on both sides of the ball is long. If you're going to say "it gave the Pats life", the same could be said about "giving the Jets life".

The Patriots made mistakes too. They just didn't collapse under their weight.
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 11-14-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    Im not sure but I think the original poster was talking about more than just this game. I almost never see anyone coaching Sanchez up when the defense is on the field.. Why?
    Because we have a glorified DC of our HC. Sanchez averages 2 miscues a game but doesn't receive any coaching in game to remedy it. At most you may see an argument between him and Shotty. As the HC, if your QB is failing and just going threw the motions while the D is playing, either you or someone from the coaching staff you hired should be with the QB to fix the fail.

Jets Insider VIP
    We need satellites!!!!

Queue SAR - "We tried to give someone in the upper deck the equivalent of the Hubble Telescope but by the time he transmits the image down to the sideline from that great distance..."

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmurf View Post
    Because we have a glorified DC of our HC. Sanchez averages 2 miscues a game but doesn't receive any coaching in game to remedy it. At most you may see an argument between him and Shotty. As the HC, if your QB is failing and just going threw the motions while the D is playing, either you or someone from the coaching staff you hired should be with the QB to fix the fail.
    At the very least, our QB coach Matt Cavanaugh should be coaching him during the game.. What are we paying him for?

If we dont make the playoffs, heads better roll

i may be offbase here, but i always remembered sanchez and schotty talking on the sidelines a lot more during games. now, sanchez goes back to the bench with mangold and his guys, and talks with the players. sometimes i think the players have had it with schotty and distance themselves from him. is schotty alienated from the players or am i just a conspiracy theorist?

I heard that Sanchez only likes photos that he is prominently displayed in.

He does look for the old man that holds his baseball cap......to shield the blinding 10:00PM sun

Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    I heard that Sanchez only likes photos that he is prominently displayed in.
    He is in them, on his back, looking up with his eye paint smeared, with that look that someone just told him they ate all his Halloween candy....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    At the very least, our QB coach Matt Cavanaugh should be coaching him during the game.. What are we paying him for?

If we dont make the playoffs, heads better roll
    Luckily Schottys contract is up after the season

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A thread like this is why God invented the Dump.