Thread: thank goodness for the short week

thank goodness for the short week

losing to those phaigs ****ing sucks. it literally hurts.

good thing we have Tim Teblow coming up.

even if we lose on Thursday, doesn't matter. anything to take my mind off last night :steamin:

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4233150]losing to those phaigs ****ing sucks. it literally hurts.

good thing we have Tim Teblow coming up.

even if we lose on Thursday, doesn't matter. anything to take my mind off last night :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Losing Thursday night would not be good.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4233170]Losing Thursday night would not be good.[/QUOTE]

obviously not.

but then i'd be pissed about losing to the Broncos.

which is not nearly as bad as being crushed by the Pasts* at home on SNF :mad:

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4233179]obviously not.

but then i'd be pissed about losing to the Broncos.

which is not nearly as bad as being crushed by the Pasts* at home on SNF :mad:[/QUOTE]

I don't know man.

My distaste for all things Tebow runs pretty deep.

He'll need God on his side Thursday to prevent an arse fv ck of epic proportions...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4233255]I don't know man.

My distaste for all things Tebow runs pretty deep.

He'll need God on his side Thursday to prevent an arse fv ck of epic proportions...[/QUOTE]

i think Tebow is just what our defense needs to take out its frustrations from last night. he doesn't have the arm to challenge our corners, and he doesn't have the speed to beat our LBs.

he's a tough kid, but i don't know if he'll make it out of this game in one piece :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4233255]
    He'll need God on his side Thursday to prevent an arse fv ck of epic proportions...[/QUOTE]

our nonexistent pass rush can be pretty scary.

Over the years, I have seen so many of these Jet "trap" games. Right now, I'd bet we lose this one. You can just feel it.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4233357]Over the years, I have seen so many of these Jet "trap" games. Right now, I'd bet we lose this one. You can just feel it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call this a trap game. We just got our asses kicked.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4233357]Over the years, I have seen so many of these Jet "trap" games. Right now, I'd bet we lose this one. You can just feel it.[/QUOTE]

it's not really a trap game, i don't think. it's actually an absolute must-win. dropping to 5-5 with all losses coming against the AFC and no chance of winning the division would essentially end our season.

i think the short week is beneficial in the sense that it forces the team to get over last night's loss and get back to work ASAP. win at Denver, stop the bleeding, and then you have 10 days to regroup for the stretch run. lose, and might as well call it a season.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4233375]I wouldn't call this a trap game. We just got our asses kicked.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4233385]it's not really a trap game, i don't think. it's actually an absolute must-win. dropping to 5-5 with all losses coming against the AFC and no chance of winning the division would essentially end our season.

i think the short week is beneficial in the sense that it forces the team to get over last night's loss and get back to work ASAP. win at Denver, stop the bleeding, and then you have 10 days to regroup for the stretch run. lose, and might as well call it a season.[/QUOTE]

It's a trap game because Denver is not the Patriots and Tebow has a fraction of Brady's ability as a QB. On paper, we should win big because our level of talent surpasses that of the Broncos...by a mile. I just have a gut feeling that we'll get beaten.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not only is this not a trap game, I have zero confidence in the coaching staff to defend against Tebow's gadget plays.

short week...short week...short week...

gotta be a Stokes joke in there somewhere.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4233411] I have zero confidence in the coaching staff to defend against Tebow's gadget plays.[/QUOTE]

And his circus treat eating army of admirers.

They are going to do something crazy on third downs.

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4233555]short week...short week...short week...

gotta be a Stokes joke in there somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the energy to be outraged.

_

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4233352]our nonexistent pass rush can be pretty scary.[/QUOTE]

Could work to our advantage vs Tebow. Thinkin' we want him to try passing.

[QUOTE=frostlich;4233703]Could work to our advantage vs Tebow. Thinkin' we want him to try passing.[/QUOTE]

Somehow bad players seem to have career days against the Jets. Lets hope Tebow isnt 1 of them.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=32green;4233582]And his circus treat eating army of admirers.

They are going to do something crazy on third downs.

-[/QUOTE]

LOL

[I]"FUNNEL CAKE! FUNNEL CAKE! GET THE MIDDLE! [B]MIDDLE![/B]"[/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    I know its too late to get into the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes, but is there some kind of passrusher sweepstakes we could buy a ticket for? :(

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum;4235177]I know its too late to get into the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes, but is there some kind of passrusher sweepstakes we could buy a ticket for? :([/QUOTE]

Yeah we're too good to Suck for Luck, but there's this unheralded beast passrusher in Hawaii named Kojob. Now if we could only come up with a cool sweepstakes name for drafting him....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4235202]Yeah we're too good to Suck for Luck, but there's this unheralded beast passrusher in Hawaii named Kojob. Now if we could only come up with a cool sweepstakes name for drafting him....[/QUOTE]

things that rhyme with Kojob? I'm on it....