Thread: Redzone Scoring

Redzone Scoring

For a team that showed a lot of improvement scoring inside the redzone, last night was terrible. On almost every trip the Jets stayed in shotgun. Greene was running pretty well before the jets were forced into passing. I don't understand what Schotty was thinking. Sanchez is excellent off play action and he did not put the offense in the best situation to get points.

The play calling in the Red Zone is terrible.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4233185]The play calling in the Red Zone is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe we had 3 red zone drives with 2 TD's and one missed 23 yd FG, You take 66% TD's any day.

[QUOTE=IM3;4233191]Correct me if I am wrong but I believe we had 3 red zone drives with 2 TD's and one missed 23 yd FG, You take 66% TD's any day.[/QUOTE]

Stats are misleading. Greene should have been getting the ball on the other side of the 50 it protects Sanches and opens up play action. Inside the redzone you need to keep any defense honest with the run/ pass option unless you have Brady as your QB. The jets run a lot of "got to have it plays" ie fades and slants. They have been succeful this year but they need to have the D respect the run by staying out of shotgun.