Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Start Talking Denver

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's Start Talking Denver

The Jets sucked last night. Time to move on there's a game in a little over 72 hours.

So what to make of Denver.

Here's my take.

The Jets defense is perfectly suited to stop Denver IMO.

#1) Tebow likes to run but he's not a burner he's a guy who breaks tackles and tries to power it. Advantage Jets.

#2) The Broncos are almost completely unable to pass the ball effectively. Their most effective weapon? Eric Decker. Hmm ok, Advantage jets

#3) Denver RB's are banged up. Moreno is IR'd and McGahee has a hammy. Lance Ball? Ok, advantage Jets.

In terms of our offense, I really think this is a game where we need to RUN RUN RUN. Pop in a play action pass, but control the damn ball and punch them in the mouth. LT's status is uncertain, but between Greene, McKnight, and Powell (if LT is inactive) I expect the Jets to dominate on the ground.

Now HERE is where it gets tricky.

The Jets have opted to fly out to Denver on Weds. WAY short rest, and flying out west to Denver's thin air the day/night before the game could be an issue.

If we had normal rest I think this would be a laugher. But given that it's not it's going to be closer then I'd like to think.

I know we've said numerous times over the course of the season, "THIS IS THE GAME that we will find out what this team is."

Well honestly, this is the game that is this teams defining moment of the season. Coming off a total crapper on national television, on historically short rest, we will really find out if this team has what it takes. So in short, this is absolutely 100% the game that is this teams defining moment of 2011 IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am about as a conservative predictor as there is but I can't fathom how we'd lose this game. If we do then the panic button will be fully pressed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id like to see some changes on the defensive side of the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my take.

I hope we don't lose against two inferior teams in the same week. This week is already embarrassing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to be a tough game.

Short turnaround and there's speed at TE and WR in the midrange for the Broncos which will be an issue if the LB's get stuck covering these guys.

Parity is still strong enough that the Denver who has momentum and is playing at home could pull this out.

What's the early line?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Knowshon Moreno's out for the year with a torn ACL. McGahee's hurt too, not sure what his status for the game is though.

Anyone else catch the Denver's game yesterday? They only passed 8 times total, 1 attempt in the first half. We match up well against Denver and should keep them to 10 points or less.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4233276]Knowshon Moreno's out for the year with a torn ACL. McGahee's hurt too, not sure what his status for the game is though.

Anyone else catch the Denver's game yesterday? They only passed 8 times total, 1 attempt in the first half. We match up well against Denver and should keep them to 10 points or less.[/QUOTE]

That kid Decker isn't bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4233286]That kid Decker isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

But it's due to a lack of talent that he's been elevated. That's why Denver now has an upper Decker.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your looking at the wrong side of the ball. Forget about Tebow. Denver has two of the better pass rushers in football. Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil. If Schitthead runs that empty shotgun, Mark is going to get murdered in the pocket. Turnovers a plenty are a near certainty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4233324]Your looking at the wrong side of the ball. Forget about Tebow. Denver has two of the better pass rushers in football. Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil. If Schitthead runs that empty shotgun, Mark is going to get murdered in the pocket. Turnovers a plenty are a near certainty.[/QUOTE]

Which is why we should do exactly what they're gonna do -- just run the ball every single play. Steamroll it down their throats. We could probably actually do that to Denver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4233333]Which is why we should do exactly what they're gonna do -- just run the ball every single play. Steamroll it down their throats. We could probably actually do that to Denver.[/QUOTE]

yup this game has small ball written all over it.

run run run, and then timing routes.

if we go up big though I want to see the Jets open it up and get on track offensively...

i dont care if people think we are rubbing it in.

if we are up big middle of the 4th we need to treat it like a preseason game. that's of course an if.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simple:

Win

or

Season over.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will not be up for this game. This is another one of these classic games with little time to prepare, an inept Offense that is mistake prone, A GQ QB (Rex's words, not mine) who will probably spend today sulking.

I was wrong when a said awhile ago that this kid has the "it factor" He is playing scared.

This has Denver win written all over it!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The next 7 contests will all be trap games as the jets look past them to the super bowl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4233324]Your looking at the wrong side of the ball. Forget about Tebow. Denver has two of the better pass rushers in football. Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil. If Schitthead runs that empty shotgun, Mark is going to get murdered in the pocket. Turnovers a plenty are a near certainty.[/QUOTE]

There pass rushers concern me too. Our o-line needs to play MUCH better than yesterday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets will win vs Den. Crazy gm thou!!! Jets will do something to make Den look good, Stay tuned for the chillin episode!!!
    Jets 6-4 and a rematch w/Bills!!! Jets will Win and take the series just like NE did vs Jets...
    Lots of Football left to decide things and thats how the league wants it. Its going to go down to wk 16 and 17, no matter what. Im just goingto enjoy the ride bc i know this is all just a bunch of drama that [B]has to happen[/B]. Business;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4233227]I am about as a conservative predictor as there is but I can't fathom how we'd lose this game. If we do then the panic button will be fully pressed.[/QUOTE]

Turnovers is the only way we could lose. And we had 3 last night. Have to take care of the ball and not give away points.

We clearly have the superior personnel, even at QB in this matchup.

I don't see how Tebow even passes for 100 yards on our D.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember Denver last year??? We escaped with a late PI (correct call)

We play to our opponents, Im not looking forward to this game, could be a 13-10 nailbiter:(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am flying out to Denver to go to the game...so we will win...RELAX.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are a match up nightmare for the Broncos. This is the game where we activate all of our big bodies, limit the number of active defensive backs, and get dirty in the trenches.

With our excellent cover corners and Tebow's horrible accuracy, we should have at least 8 players in the box on every single play. No need for nickel or dime looks at all.

The Jets are built perfectly to stop the Broncos' one dimensional attack.