Thread: 101 Passes & No Sacks

All League

101 Passes & No Sacks

Thats how many throws opposing QBs have made since our last sack.

Maybin sacked Rivers after his first attempt in the Charger game.

31 more throws by Rivers -- no sacks
    31 throws by Fitzpatrick last week -- no sacks
    39 throws by Brady last night -- no sacks.

Over 11 quarters of play since our last sack. We got some good pressure on Fitzpatrick in the Bills game, but no sacks. I know we almost had one last night on the safety, but still no sacks.

101 passes -- you have to at least be able to get one by accident.

Any chance we can get one on Tebow on Thursday???

The biggest problem with this defense right here. What do all great defenses do, they pressure the qb and force them to make quick decisions. We can clamor for better safeties till the sun comes up but id be willing to bet that our safeties would look a lot better if we had a great passrush

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4233493]
    Any chance we can get one on Tebow on Thursday???[/QUOTE]

considering Tebow passes 2 times a game I don't think so

Westerman doesn't get credit for the sack last night because Brady threw it away (grounding), but it was a sack and a safety.

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4233501]considering Tebow passes 2 times a game I don't think so[/QUOTE]

Good point, maybe I didn't think that one through.

I mean, we had Brady dead to rights at least 4 times last night. Missing a tackle has nothing to do with not getting preassure.

Veteran
    THANK YOU ARRON MAYBIN

All League
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4233529]I mean, we had Brady dead to rights at least 4 times last night. Missing a tackle has nothing to do with not getting preassure.[/QUOTE]

Yup, but getting a sack is more than just getting pressure -- sacks are potentially game changing negative plays for the offense. Gotta stop missing those tackles and make plays when the plays are there.

This is all about Ryan Hubris--he figures he is so smart that he could figure out a way to put pressure on the QB through schemes, not ability. THe league has caught up to him.