Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that I have had a chance to decompress

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I have had a chance to decompress

I can't watch the game again as it cranks me up too much but have to say that that if we are going to play the blame game it has to go to the whole team including the coaching staff. The mental mistakes are unforgivable but how often has this team lost a game facing an opponent they should have beat ?
    I am not sure why the defense has taken so many steps back from where they were last year and having no deep threat is also an issue.

We are all impatient and want to win now but I believe it WILL happen it's just a matter of finding the right chemistry of hungry players who can play well with each other along with someone on offense who can scare opposing defenses.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 2 turnovers killed it last night. otherwise the team had the chance.

I just don't feel it this season. 9-7 no playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4233651]the 2 turnovers killed it last night. otherwise the team had the chance.

I just don't feel it this season. 9-7 no playoffs.[/QUOTE]

im as optimistic as anyone but i agree...this team choked when it mattered most.

no playoffs

could be a good thing down the line..maybe...please?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the sentiment that the Jets threw away a golden opportunity. But the NFL is sufficiently unpredictable that I would not make any projection about playoffs. Look at Houston, they just lost Shaub. Or the Lions, who looked invincible a few weeks ago. Or the Bills. And frankly, how many more injuries can the Pats sustain without unraveling. Brady is holding that house of cards together right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you guys have been following the Jets for a long time (20+years), you know that the Jets have never been that simple to call. It is exactly like the Jets to end up at 11-5 so they can be tied with the Pats to make this loss even more annoying. I totally expect them to end really strong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greensleeves;4233797]If you guys have been following the Jets for a long time (20+years), you know that the Jets have never been that simple to call. It is exactly like the Jets to end up at 11-5 so they can be tied with the Pats to make this loss even more annoying. I totally expect them to end really strong.[/QUOTE]

Or even the last two years, for that matter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i do agree with the sentiment that everyone is to blame. there is no single coach or player we can point to and say "change that 1 person and they win" it just wasn't their night. need a little bit of good fortune to win any football game and they got no bounces. i do believe they are capable of beating the Pats or any other team but not on Sunday night. Move on to Thursday and keep it going.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sad thing is that this has been going on all season, even in the wins too. Dallas, Oakland, Miami, SD, buffalo each game was sloppy and it came back to bite us again

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;4233661]im as optimistic as anyone but i agree...this team choked when it mattered most.

no playoffs

could be a good thing down the line..maybe...please?[/QUOTE]

I think they turn it around with the next game and just start rolling...i think we will back into the playoffs again as a wild card and then you never know...but if we dont make the playoffs its just because we killed ourselves we are underachieving in every aspect and need to find a way to use what works and not tinker with it....we also need a deep threat and a new running back...as well as sure up that o and D line that is what is killing us...but i still have faith.

I also think we need a vet back QB to help sanchez out and keep pushing him...Mcelroy was playing well before IR whom i think can be a good one later on but Sanchez needs to be pushed and stop this game managing bull sh t

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4233809]I think they turn it around with the next game and just start rolling...i think we will back into the playoffs again as a wild card and then you never know...but if we dont make the playoffs its just because we killed ourselves we are underachieving in every aspect and need to find a way to use what works and not tinker with it....we also need a deep threat and a new running back...as well as sure up that o and D line that is what is killing us...but i still have faith.

I also think we need a vet back QB to help sanchez out and keep pushing him...Mcelroy was playing well before IR whom i think can be a good one later on but Sanchez needs to be pushed and stop this game managing bull sh t[/QUOTE]

In other words, we need quite a lot - you mention WR, RB, OL, DL, #2 QB, you could also add LB, S and TE (even P and K if you want) to that list.

But we're set at CB ... :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4233799]i do agree with the sentiment that everyone is to blame. [B]there is no single coach or player we can point to and say "change that 1 person and they win" it just wasn't their night.[/B] need a little bit of good fortune to win any football game and they got no bounces. i do believe they are capable of beating the Pats or any other team but not on Sunday night. Move on to Thursday and keep it going.[/QUOTE]

I don't even think there's a single player that you can point to and say "he had a good game". :(

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4233651][B]the 2 turnovers killed it last night. otherwise the team had the chance. [/B]I just don't feel it this season. 9-7 no playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was 3 (2 picks and the fumbled punt). Between fumbles and picks, Sanchez seems to have one or two turnovers every game. This team will not win consistently if our QB is going to turn the ball over every game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    we need a safety and and an O-Lineman, those two changes would make a hell of a difference. We have Brick and Mangold anchoring the O-line we just need a Wayne Hunter replacement he's not a bad backup but I think he's proven he's not a starter. As for the safety position, we have 2 safeties who are just too similar, they're hard hitting tacklers but not cover guys. Eric Smith seems like a good guy but he's not a starting safety for a Rex Ryan defense, he's just not. Safety would be my number 1 priority going into the draft.

Also, regarding WR I'd bring back Plax on another one year deal if we can him and Sanchez seem to be getting it going a little and Kerley can only get better so a WR in the late rounds may not hurt if he's someone worth developing (not a Scotty McKnight where we draft a wr for the hell of it)
    Last edited by drsamuel84; 11-15-2011 at 08:47 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;4233896]I don't even think there's a single player that you can point to and say "he had a good game". :([/QUOTE]

Tanner Purdum, Long Snapper, I thought he had a very good game.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greensleeves;4233797]If you guys have been following the Jets for a long time (20+years), you know that the Jets have never been that simple to call. It is exactly like the Jets to end up at 11-5 so they can be tied with the Pats to make this loss even more annoying. I totally expect them to end really strong.[/QUOTE]

This

During the regular season the JETS really never have handled their own destiny well. :shakehead

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;4233896]I don't even think there's a single player that you can point to and say "he had a good game". :([/QUOTE]

No more Sunday night games, this team is terrible on Sunday nights

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4233918]Actually, it was 3 (2 picks and the fumbled punt). Between fumbles and picks, Sanchez seems to have one or two turnovers every game. This team will not win consistently if our QB is going to turn the ball over every game.[/QUOTE]

And it's not just turnovers...the guy is guilty of some ridiculous bonehead plays that you would expect out of a Cam Newton but even Newton isn't making those mistakes:

Dallas - Pick-6 on a terrible throw / costly fumble late in the 4th
    Jacksonville - Two terrible INTs where he completely missed the DB
    Oakland- Awful red-zone INT after the great Kerley return
    Ravens - Fumbled snap / another pick-6 on a terrible throw
    Pats - No turnovers, but 80 yards passing through three quarters against the worst D in the league
    Dolphins - No turnovers against a doormat (yay :rolleyes:)
    Chargers - ANOTHER red zone INT on a horrible throw
    Bills - ANOTHER red zone INT on a horrible throw / ANOTHER fumbled snap
    Pats - ANOTHER pick-6 on a terrible throw / a 5-yard laser to Greene leading to another pick

I don't know that any of these turnovers were created by great defensive plays. And even if they were great defensive plays, a top-15 QB avoids those turnovers at least half the time.

We need to face the facts that this QB is mediocre at best. His best game of the year was against Buffalo, and that's the same game where he committed two of the worst turnovers I've seen a Jet QB make. The perception of Sanchez outside this board is terrible - the guy gets little respect from any media pundits or other fans, and if you can step away from the two AFC Championship game appearances, you can see why.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    QUOTE=Greensleeves;4233797]If you guys have been following the Jets for a long time (20+years), you know that the Jets have never been that simple to call. It is exactly like the Jets to end up at 11-5 so they can be tied with the Pats to make this loss even more annoying. I totally expect them to end really strong.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
    This is how I see it too after watching this team since 1978 (first game was as a kid on a class trip in the bleachers at Shea). I expect them to finish pretty strong, probably make the playoffs, and then who knows? I do know that if they run into the Pats again their chances of winning are better because of the drubbing they just took. It's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season, especially if the teams are both decent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    9-7 sounds about right if you ask me. This team just doesn't have IT this season, and it has been clear since the outset. Since opening night against the Cowboys, it was clear that this team was going nowhere.

Time to get ready for some college basketball and NHL hockey...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=drsamuel84;4233931]No more Sunday night games, this team is terrible on Sunday nights[/QUOTE]

The Jets-Bills game is going to be flexed to Sunday night.