Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: ESPN Radio/ NY Times.com: "Rex doesn't understand the true character of his team"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN Radio/ NY Times.com: "Rex doesn't understand the true character of his team"

Keeping what was said short...

"Rex looks at his players and sees 'warriors', thinking back to his day at Baltimore. The Jets are not warriors as much as they are punks. Warriors are disciplined more often than not. Punk have flashes of brilliance, but, more often than not they'll let you down. A punk cannot be disciplined for more than 1 game. Expecting discipline from a punk for two consecutive weeks is futile at best. Rex doesn't want to see this. Not now, perhaps not ever."

Discuss.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The warrior Ravens lost to the Seattle Seahawks yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who said that trash?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A knife wielding warrior like Ray Lewis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a bunch of bunk. The Jets personnel are no different than any team in the NFL. I hate nonsense like this, which tries to pigeonhole a complex group into a neat little package. Dumb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4233713]What a bunch of bunk. The Jets personnel are no different than any team in the NFL. I hate nonsense like this, which tries to pigeonhole a complex group into a neat little package. Dumb.[/QUOTE]

+1

Nobody knows the state of the team other than the guys in that locker room. Based on the resilience of the team the past two years, I'm not too worried. I'm more worried about quickly rebounding and destroying the Broncos.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Where's the beef, Schroy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    holy crap, i've heard of some knee jerk over-reactions but that is just ridiculous. 48 hours ago we were the team on the rise that was playing great football. 1 loss does this? serious?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand this thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4233674]Keeping what was said short...

"Rex looks at his players and sees 'warriors', thinking back to his day at Baltimore. The Jets are not warriors as much as they are punks. Warriors are disciplined more often than not. Punk have flashes of brilliance, but, more often than not they'll let you down. A punk cannot be disciplined for more than 1 game. Expecting discipline from a punk for two consecutive weeks is futile at best. Rex doesn't want to see this. Not now, perhaps not ever."

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Damnit Schroy!

Just when you got me to concede that Not All "Schroy Threads Are Terrible," you go out and do this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4233761]holy crap, i've heard of some knee jerk over-reactions but that is just ridiculous. 48 hours ago we were the team on the rise that was playing great football. 1 loss does this? serious?[/QUOTE]

It's not the loss it's the way that we loss. Utter embarrassment. I'm so sick and tired of going into work after every big game and hearing all the Pats fans and all their rhetoric. It happens during every "Most Important" primetime game, every year. This team is cursed... They give us just enough to keep our hopes up and then crash and burn in the most important moments. All that being said, I think it hurts us more because we've been waiting for 40+ years to break the funk and we just can't do it. Hopefully our guys are humble after that joke of a game and we wake up Thursday in Denver. I can see us sucking though as our guys were tired out at home, let alone traveling on a short week to a High Altitude Mile High Stadium where we never play well... Hopefully we wake up Thursday and Sunday Night was just a bad dream.
    Last edited by KingofNY; 11-14-2011 at 10:52 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Jets! Beat Broncos!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here goes the media again. A month ago, the wheels were coming off the bus. Going into this game, Jets are on the rise. After yesterday's game, Jets are "punks." That speaks more to the state of journalism today than anything else. It's all about selling newspapers and/or getting ratings.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4233674]Keeping what was said short...

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4233826]Here goes the media again. A month ago, the wheels were coming off the bus. Going into this game, Jets are on the rise. After yesterday's game, Jets are "punks." That speaks more to the state of journalism today than anything else. It's all about selling newspapers and/or getting ratings.[/QUOTE]

+10000