Thread: Serby way off base as usual

Serby way off base as usual

I really resent the fact that most sportswriters have never played the game and yet they get to sit back and criticize the hell out of players and coaches. I would much rather hear it from someone who understands both the business and emotion of professional football. Serby telling Rex Ryan to be shut up is like telling Robin Williams not to be funny. Rex is who he is and he wears his heart on his sleeve so when a fan yells that Bellacheet is better than than him after an humbling and embaressing loss what do you expect Rex to say "thank you?"

All League
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;4233899]I really resent the fact that most sportswriters have never played the game and yet they get to sit back and criticize the hell out of players and coaches[B][/B].[/QUOTE]

Yeah such critiques never happen amongst the non NFL alumni here.

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;4233899]I really resent the fact that most sportswriters have never played the game and yet they get to sit back and criticize the hell out of players and coaches. I would much rather hear it from someone who understands both the business and emotion of professional football. Serby telling Rex Ryan to be shut up is like telling Robin Williams not to be funny. Rex is who he is and he wears his heart on his sleeve so when a fan yells that Bellacheet is better than than him after an humbling and embaressing loss what do you expect Rex to say "thank you?"[/QUOTE]

Nanoo Nanoo wasn't funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4233903]Yeah such critiques never happen amongst the non NFL alumni here.[/QUOTE]
    Speak for yourself.

I used to be an NFL linebacker.

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4233914]Speak for yourself.

I used to be an NFL linebacker.[/QUOTE]

This is true.

Raoul is actually Jacques LaFemme, HOF linebacker for the [I]Bordeaux Branleurs[/I].

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4233934]This is true.

Raoul is actually Jacques LaFemme, HOF linebacker for the [I]Bordeaux Branleurs[/I].[/QUOTE]
    My signature hit is a baguette to the face for WR's coming over the middle.

Raoul is actually Jacques LaFemme, HOF linebacker for the [I]Bordeaux Branleurs[/I].[/QUOTE]

His Dad was the legendary French American footballer, Guy LaConte, of the Savoie Raclettes.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4233950]His Dad was the legendary French American footballer, Guy LaConte, of the Savoie Raclettes.[/QUOTE]
    LOL. Actually, that is his first name.

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4233955]LOL. Actually, that is his first name.[/QUOTE]

For real? LOL.

Bewildered Beast

I thought he was the French run-stuffer Jacques Stock en Barol.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4233936]My signature hit is a baguette to the face for WR's coming over the middle.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :bigcry:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4233936]My signature hit is a baguette to the face for WR's coming over the middle.[/QUOTE]

Which baguette?

Veteran
    well robin williams isn't funny anymore... so maybe rex should shut up? i love rex to death and i wouldn't want anyone else as the coach of this team. he brings personality, an insanely good defensive mind and the ability to recruit good players to come to NY. but when he speaks too much, it brings way too much attention to this team. it puts us on the radar and makes teams motivated to play us. we don't need a team being more motivated to play us. i'm not saying rex should become the next belichik, but toning it down would be good.

I loved when Rex gave the Dolphin fans the finger and I love that he tells a Pat fan what to do with himself. As long as its not a physical altercation, good for him. He's got a little Truck driver mentality in him that the media loves and hates about him. If we are doing good, they put him on a pedestal, and if we are not, knock him off it. Only the NY media and hacks like Serby and Gary Goofy Myers can have it both ways. OMG, Rex told someone to F off. He embarassed me. F U NY media!!!!

I don't know who serby is but I really disagree with the thought that only guys who have played the game should be able to critique it. I would say about 75% of all ex player analysts have zero clue what they are talking about in the grand scheme of things. Oh they know a fair bit of technical stuff but their broader opinions are horrible.

Most of them are massive band wagon jumpers that leap on a team when they win a few and blast them as being finished if they lose a few.

ie the bluster a few games back about how Baltimore is the best team in the afc and a superbowl fav, then watching them fall flat against jax and seattle.