Thread: Why does this team always play better with its backs to the wall?

Why does this team always play better with its backs to the wall?

We've seen it time and again under Rex, they always seem to come up with a big performance when everyone is counting them out, Pitt in the regular season last year, Pats and Colts in the playoffs last year, SD two years ago. But when we're a favorite in a big game, as we were on Sunday, we seem to always fall on our faces.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsfanmack;4233923]We've seen it time and again under Rex, they always seem to come up with a big performance when everyone is counting them out, Pitt in the regular season last year, Pats and Colts in the playoffs last year, SD two years ago. But when we're a favorite in a big game, as we were on Sunday, we seem to always fall on our faces.[/QUOTE]

OC

I havent seen them come out and dominate too many teams from the opening kick off.

Hate to say it but I think it falls on the coaching. This team just seems to get content once they start winning games and its up to Rex to keep the pressure on them and make them feel like it's never good enough. I think sometimes his biggest downfall is how he talks up all his players to be the best. Not to sound like Francesa here but talking all your players up to be the best is not a good thing, sometimes guys need motivation and may get way too content if they think they can just show up and win games.

All League
    I was JUST thinking this minutes ago...we were favored Sunday night...BIG LETDOWN.

We had LOTS of confidence going back into Pittsburgh last year's AFCCG...BIG LETDOWN.

Always better as the underdog, no matter what.

Big on heart...(dont measure up to elite teams talent-wise)

Some call it playing with heart as underdogs.
    I call it being underachievers.

With our remaining schedule, we aren't going to be underdogs much

It's just nature. The cornered animal is most dangerous, people perform their best when there's no margin for error.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4234021]It's just nature. The cornered animal is most dangerous, people perform their best when there's no margin for error.[/QUOTE]

Well I hope they feel urgency this Thurs night. A loss would not technically doom us so there is still margin for error, but it's shrinking by the week. I think it takes 10 wins to get a wildcard spot, 9-7 won't get it done.

All League
    [QUOTE=Flymax;4233986]Big on heart...(dont measure up to elite teams talent-wise)[/QUOTE]

They definatley are extremley resilent, no denying it. We were road underdogs in 6 playoff games and won 4 against teams with more expirienced QB play, dont know how thats considered underachieving.

There is also no denying that we have not shown up when we are expected to at times as well.....very frustrating.

Sent from my LG-P999
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 11-15-2011 at 10:35 AM.