Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's hope the Eagles lose a lot more games!

Let's hope the Eagles lose a lot more games!

Call me crazy, but the man the Jets need to straighten out this offense & the Sanchez mess is south of the Metlife stadium.

Would Reid take a job with Rex? I have no idea, but, when it comes to designing plays that take advantage of todays rules, Andy would be a god send to the Jets & Sanchez.
    At least we would find out if Sanchez can QB.

I think Rex & Reid would be like a DREAM TEAM of coaching prowess.
    Reid would use guys skills, I can tell you this McKight would have ALREADY been involved!

All League
    Interesting thought process...

I will buy in, for now, and continue to root against the Eagles...

nice thought..... would think Andy Reid is still HC material vs Norv Turner. As long as Shotty and Jets part ways, I will be happy

zero chance andy reid would take a lesser role. He has been a supremely successful head coach (minus a SB win) and would likely get plenty of interest from other teams for that same role.

3 years in with Sanchez & nothing has changed.
    Same crappy offense, no real signature plays they can hang there hats on.

No screen game whatsoever

Did you guys notice that that Branch TD looked eerily similar to something you've seen before?
    You did, in last years 45-3 azz whooping, except they did it on Revis.

How about the 3rd & short, hurry up QB sneak B4 the D gets set?
    Yup, that's a signature Pats play.

We have NOTHING, except the same ol boring bulls*it I've been seeing for 5 years here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Andy Reid will be immediately hired as a Head Coach by someone if he gets canned.

Norv will never get another head coaching opportunity. He would be a great OC for us.

No way Andy Reid ever becomes an assistant. If he gets fired he'll be snapped up instantly by some other team to be their head coach.

Practice Squad
    Reid would take a year or two off then come back as a head coach somewhere else.

I agree.... just dreaming
    Damn I hate Shottenheimer

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4233985]Andy Reid will be immediately hired as a Head Coach by someone if he gets canned.

Norv will never get another head coaching opportunity. He would be a great OC for us.[/QUOTE]

Anyone at this point!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetster;4233983]3 years in with Sanchez & nothing has changed.
    Same crappy offense, no real signature plays they can hang there hats on.

No screen game whatsoever

Did you guys notice that that Branch TD looked eerily similar to something you've seen before?
    You did, in last years 45-3 azz whooping, except they did it on Revis.

How about the 3rd & short, hurry up QB sneak B4 the D gets set?
    Yup, that's a signature Pats play.

We have NOTHING, except the same ol boring bulls*it I've been seeing for 5 years here.[/QUOTE]

How about every single time the pats are 15-20 yards from the end zone they throw it to gronk over middle of the endzone.

Gronk has like 10 tds this season and 7 are from that same play.

[QUOTE=jetster;4233999]Anyone at this point![/QUOTE]

Be careful with this line of thinking. Jets don't need just "anyone" at OC if they are going to be successful with the current roster. They need someone who can turn the chicken **** that is Mark Sanchez into chicken salad.

Norv would be a nice option. Unfortunately our loud-mouth coach probably already mucked that up.

Bottom line is, it's probably not wise to assume that Schotty is so bad that anyone can replace him. The new OC in Tenn found a way to turn Chris Johnson into a shell of himself. Grass ain't always greener - Jets need to get somebody proven this time around.

I've seen enough from Schotty to know he's not going to be able to turn things around here and for that reason he should go. But I've also seen enough from Sanchez to know that he's just as big a problem, if not the biggest problem, with the offensive productivity. If the Jets don't get a big name or at least an innovative mind that is a perfect match for Sanchez's skills, we could end up seeing more of the same next year.

[QUOTE=GreenWave;4234035][B]Be careful with this line of thinking. Jets don't need just "anyone" at OC if they are going to be successful with the current roster. They need someone who can turn the chicken **** that is Mark Sanchez into chicken salad. [/B]

Norv would be a nice option. Unfortunately our loud-mouth coach probably already mucked that up.

Bottom line is, it's probably not wise to assume that Schotty is so bad that anyone can replace him. The new OC in Tenn found a way to turn Chris Johnson into a shell of himself. Grass ain't always greener - Jets need to get somebody proven this time around.

I've seen enough from Schotty to know he's not going to be able to turn things around here and for that reason he should go. But I've also seen enough from Sanchez to know that he's just as big a problem, if not the biggest problem, with the offensive productivity. If the Jets don't get a big name or at least an innovative mind that is a perfect match for Sanchez's skills, we could end up seeing more of the same next year.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this minus the fact that I think Sanchez gives an OC a lot to work with as far as tools etc. I think the challenge for a new guy will be breaking down old habits that have developed from Sanchez being allowed to develop with no guidance. I think Schotty thought it would be better to let Sanchez be Sanchez (maybe as somewhat of a reaction to Rex wanting to morph him to a game manager... just a a hypothesis) and took a somewhat hands off approach. But sometimes you have to really be aggressive with a QB and really nitpick to get the most out of him. I think Sanchez would respond well to that type of coaching given how dedicated the guy is to his craft.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4233981]zero chance andy reid would take a lesser role. He has been a supremely successful head coach (minus a SB win) and would likely get plenty of interest from other teams for that same role.[/QUOTE]If Andy Reid is available Holmgren would scoop him up to Cleveland in a heartbeat.

I think we should root against the Pats too. Maybe if they have a Red Sox-esque collapse, they'll clean house, and we can get BB to be our defensive coordinator.

And maybe we can get Bill Cowher to be our running backs coach!

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4233985]Andy Reid will be immediately hired as a Head Coach by someone if he gets canned.

Norv will never get another head coaching opportunity. He would be a great OC for us.[/QUOTE]

+1

All Pro
    Andy Reid is way too accomplished as a HC to take an OC position.

He'd get a HC gig immediatley if he wanted one.

would reid take an OC position? i'm not sure.

as for the browns comment...i doubt reid would goto Cleveland...they are simply terrible...let alone as an OC...no way they part ways with Shurmur after 1 year.

[QUOTE=Austin;4234657]Andy Reid is way too accomplished as a HC to take an OC position.

He'd get a HC gig immediatley if he wanted one.[/QUOTE]

Reid has got to be eyeing Dallas....if they flop there may be an opening there.

It looks like those of us who root against the Giants every week are becoming a minority :(