Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does elite QB play relate to Super Bowl wins?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4234305]We all love to stick the stats up to prove or disprove points and that is all well and good but my problem with Sanchez is the eyeball test and the team situation test.

Eyeball test lat game he looked flat our crappy, jittery, looking back instead of downfield on a roll out. Slow decision making/reading. Parts of games he looks terrific and other parts of the same game he looks bad, offensive adversity causes him problems and early pressure gets him very jumpy.

We know he can play at a high level in key games but it's getting frustrating not seeing that type of play come out more often. An early 1st round Qb is expected to elevate, even if it is slowly but he is up and down like the stock market.

[B]Also another worry is that this year he is facing his 1st real challenge with the make up of the rest of the team. His 1st two years he had the ultimate security blanket of a top 5 defense, running game and o-line.[/B][/QUOTE]

He's playing better than Roethlisberger did when first faced with that same scenario.

As far as the ups and downs, that's how it works for everyone but Aaron Rodgers. Do you remember how bad Brady was in the 1st half? I forgot until I rewatched the game. Until the 1-minute drill, he was having a terrible game. And that's Tom Brady.

Every QB is up and down. When you win the game, you don't see the downs on the game recaps.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4234482]The one thing I'm getting tired of hearing is how he's only 3rd year and "X" player only did this in his 3rd season. Can't I do the opposite? Dalton is a rookie, has the same stats as Sanchez and led his team to a better record so far. Ryan and Flacco recently put up great numbers in their 2nd seasons. These comparison arguments are stupid. Right now Sanchez is not where we want him to be, he's inconsistent and has to improve. It takes time to develop, but flops like Sunday night are getting tiresome[/QUOTE]

How many games have you seen Dalton play?

Trust me, there would be a bunch of (misplaced) complaints about him as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4234523]He's playing better than Roethlisberger did when first faced with that same scenario.

As far as the ups and downs, that's how it works for everyone but Aaron Rodgers. Do you remember how bad Brady was in the 1st half? I forgot until I rewatched the game. Until the 1-minute drill, he was having a terrible game. And that's Tom Brady.

Every QB is up and down. When you win the game, you don't see the downs on the game recaps.[/QUOTE]

We were up against the worst D in the league last game, a team with a laughable secondary and mediocre at best front 7. It's time to forget the excuses because other players are not playing well. It never makes it okay for your young 'franchise' Qb to suck just because some other Qb in the league is sucking.

Later in the game Sanchez was skittering around back there looking like Clemens pocket presence wise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4234095]I agree, to a point. I will say that by his 3rd year, Eli had shown some flashes as had Big Ben.[/QUOTE]

NOPE.

Giants fans were calling for Eli's head at that point. He also had a much worse season statistically then Sanchez is on pace to have.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4234528]We were up against the worst D in the league last game, a team with a laughable secondary and mediocre at best front 7. It's time to forget the excuses because other players are not playing well. It never makes it okay for your young 'franchise' Qb to suck just because some other Qb in the league is sucking.

Later in the game Sanchez was skittering around back there looking like Clemens pocket presence wise.[/QUOTE]

This "jag" defense idea of the Patriots is starting to get a little bit old. Ever since the first three games in which Brady would score every ten seconds hence putting his D back on the field in 10 seconds the scores against the Pats haven't been too absurd anymore.

Oakland put up 19
    Dallas put up 16
    Pitt put up 25
    NYG put up 24

That's an average of 21 points.

Last time we played them we scored 21. Exactly on average.

This time we scored 16 including a missed chip shot FG after Santonio fell down with a clear path to the endzone. and a muffed punt.

It's scary to say but BB is coaching these guys well. Sure, they're not what they used to be but the idea they are the WORST IN THE NFL at this point is an outright joke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4234528]We were up against the worst D in the league last game, a team with a laughable secondary and mediocre at best front 7. It's time to forget the excuses because other players are not playing well. It never makes it okay for your young 'franchise' Qb to suck just because some other Qb in the league is sucking.

Later in the game Sanchez was skittering around back there looking like Clemens pocket presence wise.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love how we can't criticize our 3rd year franchise QB for producing a 65 passer rating against the 32nd ranked pass D in the NFL. Is the bar really set that low?

Sanchez has bad games, and this was one of them. We're trying to win a SB this year, lest people forget. A better performance against a below average D is expected.

Is it any coincidence that when Sanchez has multiple turnovers against the Pats, we get blown out every time? The D needs to play better too, but this guy is far from beyond criticism.